It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 15: Steelers vs. Patriots Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
did Tomlin have a post game press conference? What did he say? Same ole stuff? The standard is the standard and we embrace the standard and we own what we did and we embrace it and the same drivel he says every time. NE is just charmed. It just always works out for them.

I knew when they lost to MIA, we most likely would be doomed. NE isnt going to lose 2 in a row.

They did lose two in a row.

Exactly. I don't know why that's not exciting enough for the NFL. Would have been a great game and people would have talked about how great it was that the officials stayed out of the way and that the two teams played a wonderful and exciting game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm 

If you guys want something less predictable and scripted go watch the WWE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 pm 

Eisen said it best...the rule has to be changed.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
did Tomlin have a post game press conference? What did he say? Same ole stuff? The standard is the standard and we embrace the standard and we own what we did and we embrace it and the same drivel he says every time. NE is just charmed. It just always works out for them.

I knew when they lost to MIA, we most likely would be doomed. NE isnt going to lose 2 in a row.

He did. It was two minutes long. He answered three questions, refused to give an opinion on the overturned TD, updated the injury, and the spineless Pittsburgh media didn't have the balls to ask any substantive questions as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm 

The Pats struggled in the penalty department ... racking up 2 for 4 yards. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

They did lose two in a row.

Exactly. I don't know why that's not exciting enough for the NFL. Would have been a great game and people would have talked about how great it was that the officials stayed out of the way and that the two teams played a wonderful and exciting game.

Probably the 14 million population and all those TV sets in New England is why the NFL just falls all over themselves to make sure they stay at the top of the conference.

Plus, all the refs must think Belicheat hung the moon and there is no way a Belicheat coached team could "hold" or commit pass interference or anything like that.

They had TWO penalties called on them all game. TWO!!!!!! and we all know holding can be called on most any play, so it comes down to when the refs "want" to call it and I guess they dont like PIT and how we play the game and they absolutely love NE and Belicheat and his hoodie and the fact that he says nothing at his pressers. Folks eat that up. Tomlin on the other hand starts talking about NE 3 weeks ago. I hate that he did that, but he did and karma is a bitch. You never hear any Patriot talking about any team upcoming maybe until that week, but never 3 weeks prior? No way. Just dont do it. I know he didnt say anything all that bad but you just stay quiet and let your play do the talking. That is why all the media and refs just oooh and ahhhh all over the Pats and Tom Terrific. Its sickening and it cost PIT today in not getting a fair shake from the refs at key times.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 pm 

stvr wrote:
That's the definition of a touchdown. JJ had control over the line....end of story.

I agree...caught the ball, extended it with two hands, that’s possession by any and every definition, thus a completed catch. Once the ball pierces the goal line, everything after that doesn’t happen...the play is over. NFL rules make no sense! Different rules for different situations.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:48 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Eisen said it best...the rule has to be changed.

It's just like the Dez Bryant play. If a guy is going down to the ground and making a football play to get the ball into the end zone, that should be a TD. I understand with the current rule that doesn't matter, whether it breaks the plane or not you've got to survive the ground, but they really should make a revision when it comes to making a move to break the plane and breaking the plane before the ball touches the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm 

its very hard looking at this game and not feel cheated

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 pm 

I'm not going to play the injury card or the ref card. We lost. But this is a very tough loss to swallow. Let's hope it's tough for the players too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next