It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 15: Steelers vs. Patriots Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The Immaculate Reception.
The Steelers' fumble that wasn't in Super Bowl IX.
The pass interference call on Bennie Barnes called by an official all the way across the field while the one watching the play kept his flag in his pocket
Mel Renfro's catch ruled OOB

None of these were like the Tuck Rule, etc, but teams of the day complained the Steelers got all the breaks.

Every one of these were call that happened, and I'm sure there were other bad calls that went against the Steelers that nobody noticed.

These patriot things though... they are reviews.. replay reviews.. someone gets to make a decision. The spygate stuff - again they destroyed evidence.

I'm not talking about a bad holding call here or there... I'm talking about deliberate reviews that someone made that always seem to benefit the Patriots at the biggest moments.

Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 15: Steelers vs. Patriots Game Comments
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 pm 

ToddHaleysNineIron wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
The Immaculate Reception.
The Steelers' fumble that wasn't in Super Bowl IX.
The pass interference call on Bennie Barnes called by an official all the way across the field while the one watching the play kept his flag in his pocket
Mel Renfro's catch ruled OOB

None of these were like the Tuck Rule, etc, but teams of the day complained the Steelers got all the breaks.

Every one of these were call that happened, and I'm sure there were other bad calls that went against the Steelers that nobody noticed.

These patriot things though... they are reviews.. replay reviews.. someone gets to make a decision. The spygate stuff - again they destroyed evidence.

I'm not talking about a bad holding call here or there... I'm talking about deliberate reviews that someone made that always seem to benefit the Patriots at the biggest moments.

It's quite possible those happen.

The problem is...none of us have watched every single Patriots' game and seen every call and potential non-call to know if these "breaks with calls" really happen to the Patriots more often than other teams.

So we don't have a complete data set to see if they are outside the norm with respect to these calls/non-calls.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115