It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
I may "donate" to anyone who can post Goodell's home phone number

That asshole needs to hear it....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO4aR9JmC8&feature=player_embedded

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
bradshaw2ben wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO4aR9JmC8&feature=player_embedded

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!


Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?
I don't know...just seems like a crucial distinction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9672
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO4aR9JmC8&feature=player_embedded

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!


Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?
I don't know...just seems like a crucial distinction.


But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
Still Lit wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO4aR9JmC8&feature=player_embedded

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!


Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?
I don't know...just seems like a crucial distinction.


But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?


I never said the NFL rules made sense. I'm looking for the distinction of the events: why was NE's pass allowed to stand vs ours?

And please don't give me the Yinzer "NFL wants NE to win" bullshit. Winners make plays and fuck the prom queen. We still had 2 opportunities to take matters into our own hands and didn't because Haley/Ben decided to go full retard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9672
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?


I never said the NFL rules made sense. I'm looking for the distinction of the events: why was NE's pass allowed to stand vs ours?

And please don't give me the Yinzer "NFL wants NE to win" bullshit. Winners make plays and fuck the prom queen. We still had 2 opportunities to take matters into our own hands and didn't because Haley/Ben decided to go full retard


My jeans might be a little too stiff from the freezer, but I do not think we're reading from different pages. I meant to convey that it should not make a difference and that therefore the different calls looks utterly arbitrary.

No, I don't think the NFL wants NE to win.

I don't know about having sex with the prom queen, but the final sequence left much to be desired.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Still Lit wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO4aR9JmC8&feature=player_embedded

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!


Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?
I don't know...just seems like a crucial distinction.


But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?


I don’t know what the official’s explanation was for allowing Cooks’ TD to stand...don’t even know if they delayed the game long to look at it.

If I had to guess, I would guess they considered Cooks’ getting two feet down to be the end of the pass play, and his jumping out of bounds to be a distinct act.

Whereas James’ landing on his knee and then stretching the ball forward to get into the EZ as all part of one act of going to the ground.

Making it a...wait for it...judgment call on what’s supposed to be a clear rule.

Me? I think the reaching was a distinct act...the act of a “runner” who had already completed the act of going to the ground when his knee and hip hit the ground. That’s my judgement.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6330
If the bogus call overturning the TD was not made, the full retard BR and Haley went through would be moot.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1609
Suwanee88 wrote:
It’s so funny. When we were the champion dynasty in the 70’s - people would question the refs and blame everybody but themselves. Now we’ve become the pussy victims.

We have left rings on the table for years. We don’t work hard enough to be champions. On and off the field. We left a win on the field today. This year isn’t over, we will see but we left a win on the field today.

I blame the Steelers- nobody else.



Agree that idiots Haley Tomlin cost us that game but I disagree with comparison to Noll's dynasty. I saw essentially every game, a feat for a fan in NYC and I don't recall us flagrantly abusing the rule book. We did get champions license on some specific calls but we played within the rules. Mean and nasty and violent but within the rules. Pats committed PI, face masks, taunting and no calls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:25 pm
Posts: 121
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I never said the NFL rules made sense. I'm looking for the distinction of the events: why was NE's pass allowed to stand vs ours?

And please don't give me the Yinzer "NFL wants NE to win" bullshit. Winners make plays and fuck the prom queen. We still had 2 opportunities to take matters into our own hands and didn't because Haley/Ben decided to go full retardquote]
[/quote]

The logic is that the NE receiver didn't lose control upon the ball contracting the ground (i.e. the ball didn't move in his hands). It does in the case of the James catch.

Personally I think the rule is bullshit and too subjective to make any sort of sense. That's a catch in any other league. Why the fuck did the NFL want to redefine what a catch is?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
prophet wrote:
The logic is that the NE receiver didn't lose control upon the ball contracting the ground (i.e. the ball didn't move in his hands). It does in the case of the James catch.

The ball totally moves when Cooks hits the ground. The point is exposed because he just barely has control, then the bottom of the ball hits the ground and moves in his grasp--the classic example of using the ground to help catch the football.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
bradshaw2ben wrote:
prophet wrote:
The logic is that the NE receiver didn't lose control upon the ball contracting the ground (i.e. the ball didn't move in his hands). It does in the case of the James catch.

The ball totally moves when Cooks hits the ground. The point is exposed because he just barely has control, then the bottom of the ball hits the ground and moves in his grasp--the classic example of using the ground to help catch the football.


I asked Mike Perrira and Al Riveron on Twitter to explain why Cooks got a TD and James didn't.

No response from either yet...no surprise.

I know it's going to be "He got two feet down" to which I'll respond "Doesn't one knee = two feet"?

Actually I know it's going to be silence because neither will get back to me.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Let’s all agree the nfl is on a slippery slope to extincroon

https://mobile.twitter.com/Be_HarkerLWO ... 9268209664

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2222
Jeemie wrote:

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!


Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?
I don't know...just seems like a crucial distinction.[/quote]

But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?[/quote]

I don’t know what the official’s explanation was for allowing Cooks’ TD to stand...don’t even know if they delayed the game long to look at it.

If I had to guess, I would guess they considered Cooks’ getting two feet down to be the end of the pass play, and his jumping out of bounds to be a distinct act.

Whereas James’ landing on his knee and then stretching the ball forward to get into the EZ as all part of one act of going to the ground.

Making it a...wait for it...judgment call on what’s supposed to be a clear rule.

Me? I think the reaching was a distinct act...the act of a “runner” who had already completed the act of going to the ground when his knee and hip hit the ground. That’s my judgement.[/quote]

Jeemie is exactly correct, which is why the James catch was incorrectly called. James made the catch ( a la Cooks) when he caught the ball with a knee down. James then turned directions and dove for the EZ. Much like Cooks, James made a separate and distinct football move. Thus, James survived initial contact with the ground, became a runner, and broke the plane. Consequently, it was correctly called a TD on the field, and the call should have been confirmed.

Instead, due to intellectual stupidity at the league office (someone going against both common sense and legalistic super parsing of the words) this call was overturned, when the whole thing is a judgment call. I thought judgment calls were (I) not reviewable or (ii) at least subject to clear convincing evidence. At WORST, the call should have stood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
The problem is the NFL's REAL ruling on the Cooks' TD is they had no clear video angle that showed him losing control of the ball.

To which I say bullshit.

I've seen several photos and videos that were as clear as the ones of James.

They're making judgement calls with this go to ground shit, and hiding the fact they're doing it by saying they're following a clear rule.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7608
Zeke5123 wrote:

Jeemie is exactly correct, which is why the James catch was incorrectly called. James made the catch ( a la Cooks) when he caught the ball with a knee down. James then turned directions and dove for the EZ. Much like Cooks, James made a separate and distinct football move. Thus, James survived initial contact with the ground, became a runner, and broke the plane. Consequently, it was correctly called a TD on the field, and the call should have been confirmed.

Instead, due to intellectual stupidity at the league office (someone going against both common sense and legalistic super parsing of the words) this call was overturned, when the whole thing is a judgment call. I thought judgment calls were (I) not reviewable or (ii) at least subject to clear convincing evidence. At WORST, the call should have stood.

This is the best "it was a bad call" argument I've seen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
The fact that all reviews now go thru NY and we STILL have inconsistent applications of the "rules".....really hard to believe the NFL doesn't put its thumb on the scales.

Remember, the NFL is not a competition, it's entertainment.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Kodiak wrote:
The fact that all reviews now go thru NY and we STILL have inconsistent applications of the "rules".....really hard to believe the NFL doesn't put its thumb on the scales.

Remember, the NFL is not a competition, it's entertainment.


Year after year I drop truthisms from people that spend a lot of time dissecting that notion

Why not again?

http://thefixisin.net/theproof.html

Is a billion dollar business left to chance? :)

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:16 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7608
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
The fact that all reviews now go thru NY and we STILL have inconsistent applications of the "rules".....really hard to believe the NFL doesn't put its thumb on the scales.

Remember, the NFL is not a competition, it's entertainment.


Year after year I drop truthisms from people that spend a lot of time dissecting that notion

Why not again?

http://thefixisin.net/theproof.html

Is a billion dollar business left to chance? :)

Okay, let's say the NFL is scripted. Why are the Patriots so favored? And what about all the other owners? Some teams have never sniffed a super bowl, others have been there but never won. If the NFL is picking winners, and they keep picking the Pats who've won plenty over my team that hasn't won, I'd be pissed. Why are the other owners going along with it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
Poltargyst wrote:
Okay, let's say the NFL is scripted. Why are the Patriots so favored? And what about all the other owners? Some teams have never sniffed a super bowl, others have been there but never won. If the NFL is picking winners, and they keep picking the Pats who've won plenty over my team that hasn't won, I'd be pissed. Why are the other owners going along with it?


1) Huge tv market
2) A team everyone else loves to hate - like the Yankees - is good for business.

and just for fun...
3) NE spy operations probably have dirt on Goodell and other key NFL employees...the two times that got laughingly slapped on the wrist was just for show.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Poltargyst wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
The fact that all reviews now go thru NY and we STILL have inconsistent applications of the "rules".....really hard to believe the NFL doesn't put its thumb on the scales.

Remember, the NFL is not a competition, it's entertainment.


Year after year I drop truthisms from people that spend a lot of time dissecting that notion

Why not again?

http://thefixisin.net/theproof.html

Is a billion dollar business left to chance? :)

Okay, let's say the NFL is scripted. Why are the Patriots so favored? And what about all the other owners? Some teams have never sniffed a super bowl, others have been there but never won. If the NFL is picking winners, and they keep picking the Pats who've won plenty over my team that hasn't won, I'd be pissed. Why are the other owners going along with it?


It’s right in that link. Profit sharing. Money for everyone above all else
There seems to be other favors doled out to keep the lower market teams in step

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1188
Wonder what the call would have been had the defender touched JJ’s shoulder while JJ was on his knees but prior to the lunge?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9097
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Wonder what the call would have been had the defender touched JJ’s shoulder while JJ was on his knees but prior to the lunge?





completed pass and down by contact


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
GreekSteel wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Wonder what the call would have been had the defender touched JJ’s shoulder while JJ was on his knees but prior to the lunge?





completed pass and down by contact


Would have called it exactly the same....didn't complete the catch. If catch isn't completed, nothing else matters.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Poltargyst and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group