It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fuck This Sorry Excuse For a League
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 pm 

I may "donate" to anyone who can post Goodell's home phone number

That asshole needs to hear it....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO4aR9JmC8&feature=player_embedded

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

The Patriots are only in the number one seed position because they benefitted from a replay review on a last-minute TD catch where the receiver bobbled the ball, the ball got jostled when he hit the ground... and it was ruled COMPLETE!

Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?
I don't know...just seems like a crucial distinction.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Is the difference in this scenario is the defender contacted Cooks and "forced" him OOB?

But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

But why should it matter whether a defender makes contact prior to going to ground in bounds or out?

I never said the NFL rules made sense. I'm looking for the distinction of the events: why was NE's pass allowed to stand vs ours?

And please don't give me the Yinzer "NFL wants NE to win" bullshit. Winners make plays and fuck the prom queen. We still had 2 opportunities to take matters into our own hands and didn't because Haley/Ben decided to go full retard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:52 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I never said the NFL rules made sense. I'm looking for the distinction of the events: why was NE's pass allowed to stand vs ours?

And please don't give me the Yinzer "NFL wants NE to win" bullshit. Winners make plays and fuck the prom queen. We still had 2 opportunities to take matters into our own hands and didn't because Haley/Ben decided to go full retard

My jeans might be a little too stiff from the freezer, but I do not think we're reading from different pages. I meant to convey that it should not make a difference and that therefore the different calls looks utterly arbitrary.

No, I don't think the NFL wants NE to win.

I don't know about having sex with the prom queen, but the final sequence left much to be desired.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:12 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I don’t know what the official’s explanation was for allowing Cooks’ TD to stand...don’t even know if they delayed the game long to look at it.

If I had to guess, I would guess they considered Cooks’ getting two feet down to be the end of the pass play, and his jumping out of bounds to be a distinct act.

Whereas James’ landing on his knee and then stretching the ball forward to get into the EZ as all part of one act of going to the ground.

Making it a...wait for it...judgment call on what’s supposed to be a clear rule.

Me? I think the reaching was a distinct act...the act of a “runner” who had already completed the act of going to the ground when his knee and hip hit the ground. That’s my judgement.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm 

If the bogus call overturning the TD was not made, the full retard BR and Haley went through would be moot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
It’s so funny. When we were the champion dynasty in the 70’s - people would question the refs and blame everybody but themselves. Now we’ve become the pussy victims.

We have left rings on the table for years. We don’t work hard enough to be champions. On and off the field. We left a win on the field today. This year isn’t over, we will see but we left a win on the field today.

I blame the Steelers- nobody else.

Agree that idiots Haley Tomlin cost us that game but I disagree with comparison to Noll's dynasty. I saw essentially every game, a feat for a fan in NYC and I don't recall us flagrantly abusing the rule book. We did get champions license on some specific calls but we played within the rules. Mean and nasty and violent but within the rules. Pats committed PI, face masks, taunting and no calls.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:52 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

And please don't give me the Yinzer "NFL wants NE to win" bullshit. Winners make plays and fuck the prom queen. We still had 2 opportunities to take matters into our own hands and didn't because Haley/Ben decided to go full retardquote]
[/quote]

The logic is that the NE receiver didn't lose control upon the ball contracting the ground (i.e. the ball didn't move in his hands). It does in the case of the James catch.

Personally I think the rule is bullshit and too subjective to make any sort of sense. That's a catch in any other league. Why the fuck did the NFL want to redefine what a catch is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next