It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reversed TD catch catch rule Mega merged thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 am 

Stillchest wrote:
Yep, called a catch, even Romo and Steeler hater Nancy commented that it was a TD.

Wasn't until they likely, got word from the NFL , started questioning it, immediately before that overturn was made.

Corrupt as fuck!

And he clearly caught the ball...and then reached for the GL. It's been an abuse and misapplication of the "going to the ground" rules for years. Not the first time we've seen this.

You'll never convince me something isn't amiss here, because only a very liberal and technical interpretation of the rules can call that incomplete. Nevermind it needs to be CONCLUSIVE to overrule the call of a catch on the field.

Has anyone else noticed an INCREASE in "rigged" outcomes since the league centralized reviews in NY? I'm sure that's just a coincidence....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Stillchest wrote:
Yep, called a catch, even Romo and Steeler hater Nancy commented that it was a TD.

Wasn't until they likely, got word from the NFL , started questioning it, immediately before that overturn was made.

Corrupt as fuck!

And he clearly caught the ball...and then reached for the GL. It's been an abuse and misapplication of the "going to the ground" rules for years. Not the first time we've seen this.

You'll never convince me something isn't amiss here, because only a very liberal and technical interpretation of the rules can call that incomplete. Nevermind it needs to be CONCLUSIVE to overrule the call of a catch on the field.

Has anyone else noticed an INCREASE in "rigged" outcomes since the league centralized reviews in NY? I'm sure that's just a coincidence....

We all know who won today and it was Pittsburgh.
Robbed. Also- fuck all you stupid bandwagon patriot fans visiting these boards. Get absolutely fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:50 am 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarterCritiq ... gr%5Etweet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am 

The Cooks TD was even worse because you see the ball squirting out.

With James you see ball MOVEMENT but his right arm is underneath it. I still have not see a video angle that shows the ball touched the ground. You can GUESS it touched, but there is nothing conclusive to overturn that call.

People are too focused on the Dez Bryant rule. I can live with that rule. I'm irate because Corrente saw something that wasn't there on film. He was so excited to apply the Dez rule that he forgot that if the ball doesn't hit the ground it is still a catch.

It was a HORRIFIC call.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 am 

Just like the Brady rule, this should be re-named "The Pats rule."

The NFL's ability to review TD's back at their office, and decide who wins or loses.

I am just about done with the NFL at this point, which I can't believe I am actually saying. And the best part is, as expected, all the analysts are saying "The NFL enforced the rule properly. Its the rule that needs to be changed." Translation, we are a bunch of pussies that cant take a stand against this horseshit, and see no inequity in the way the NFL carries out their business.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 am 

I haven't read the this thread, so I don't know if I'm repeating. . .

I am utterly disgusted and completely fed up with subjective officiating.

This is the rule, as per espn posted in the thread about rogers tipped ball last play :

Quote:
A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or without contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, there is no possession.
His initial contact with the ground was his knee. Nobody touched him. As the knee hit the ground, the ball broke the plane of the goal line. The ball was bobbled slightly, with his hand underneath when it was already in the end zone.

This, along with the bogus call on burns for DPI on gronk (they scored the go ahead TD afterwards, yes?), is what gave the pats the game. It seemed so incredibly obvious to me they got jobbed.

Their offensive line made the steelers supposedly pro-bowl heyward and guys that are in top five in sacks look like scrubs.

Further, they don't want officials to determine the out come of the game in the last seconds, but they did just that. Making everybody else play at an all star level for 60 minutes, while the Pats can still play like an average team and still win. And guess what. Everybody was commenting on the officiating crew, and how "inadequate" they are. The writing was on the wall when the decision was made to assign corriente and crew.

And also. I was watching at a bar, with conversations all around me, but it looked like the Pats defender kicked ab in the leg on purpose. They weren't going to make a play on the ball. He was standing straight up. No call.

I never thought I'd say this, but this made me re-evaluate my fandom. I can't watch football that is manipulated so blatantly. I really don't give a fuck about this season anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

Corrupt as fuck!

Only in todays NFL an common sense be thrown out the door due to the writing of a rule. The ball was secured, and the ball broke the plain of the endzone. That should be the end of discussion.

No play should be overturned unless it's an egregious error.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:58 am 

Amazing what is coming out, I never saw that Brandon Cooks “TD” where the ball is on the ground.

That with the Jets Touchdown that was overturned and now Jesse James?

Those 3 games that should have the Patriots fighting to just make the playoffs this year instead they have the #1 seed!!??!

Jesse James CLEARLY caught that ball clean, turned and made a “football move” to extend.

Worst call I have seen in the NFL since that bullshit “Tuck Rule”.

Notice how you never see that call made anymore!?!

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am 

Haven't read the thread, so if this has been posted I apologize.

Saw this on twitter: "In high school, that's a catch. In college, that's a catch. The NFL has needlessly complicated this rule and created an absolute mess"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 am 

Pabst wrote:
Haven't read the thread, so if this has been posted I apologize.

Saw this on twitter: "In high school, that's a catch. In college, that's a catch. The NFL has needlessly complicated this rule and created an absolute mess"

It’s like their disciplinary rules. NFL can make up whatever they want and justify their shit however they want and since there’s no real governance no one can object

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next