It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sean Davis cost us the game here's why
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:54 pm 

1. He dropped int that would end game
2. He gave up the two point conversion to Gronk, he breaks up that play and its 1 point and end.
We would of one with FG.
Fuck you Sean Davis!

Post subject: Re: sean Davis cost us the game here's why
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm 

He played like shit and couldn’t make a big play - typical Steelers secondary trait

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:06 am 

Agree with the dropped interception. Disagree on the 2 pt conversion. He was not put into position to succeed. Single coverage of 6’1” safety against 6’6” tight end. Just stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 am 

I'd watch that near interception again too if I was you.

The trajectory of the ball after it was tipped took it away from the direction Davis was moving/falling.

He got his hands on it, but it was not an easy ball to catch at all.

Mostly I agree he was put in bad spots all night...whether by Butler or Mitchell, I don't know. Gronk was their only threat with Hogan out (Amendola didn't do shit and we kept the running backs in check most of the time). Mitchell should have been shaded to Gronk almost constantly.

Romo even talked about how Davis many times had perfect coverage, but that the Steelers needed to give him help.

That was Butler's one big mistake...he never seemed to give help to Davis

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am 

Davis played fine considering his task. He even came up and laid some solid hits on ball carriers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:17 am 

I don't think Davis cost us the game at all...I thought he battled gronk and for the most part made gronk earn what he got..why not give him some help with gronk tho...what was Mitchell doing? i'll save you the time of looking at film, he was doing nothing, so why not use him to help davis with gronk?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
I don't think Davis cost us the game at all...I thought he battled gronk and for the most part made gronk earn what he got..why not give him some help with gronk tho...what was Mitchell doing? i'll save you the time of looking at film, he was doing nothing, so why not use him to help davis with gronk?

Davis had absolutely perfect coverage several times, and Brady made some unbelievable throws (and Gronk some equally impressive catches) to get the ball to him.

We need even more pressure on Brady. We got to him better tonight than we have in a while...forced one INT and almost another...but we still didn't make him uncomfortable enough.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:23 am 

Davis is just, ok as a starting NFL safety.

Lots of warts, which is typical of Steelers DB's.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:13 am 

Jeemie wrote:

The trajectory of the ball after it was tipped took it away from the direction Davis was moving/falling.

Mostly I agree he was put in bad spots all night...whether by Butler or Mitchell, I don't know. Gronk was their only threat with Hogan out (Amendola didn't do shit and we kept the running backs in check most of the time). Mitchell should have been shaded to Gronk almost constantly.

Romo even talked about how Davis many times had perfect coverage, but that the Steelers needed to give him help.

Besides being late to every single pass play headed his way, wtf does Mitchell ever do to help this team? What a waste.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Besides being late to every single pass play headed his way, wtf does Mitchell ever do to help this team? What a waste.

I absolutely couldn't agree more on Mitchell. He adds nothing except a big hit (usually a legally questionable one) every once in a while. I think his reputation as a team leader keeps him on the field... He can lead from the bench in my opinion.

Sean Davis played OK - He was in position on Gronk for many of those catches. My beef is why they don't even attempt to double-team Gronk. I know Butler pisses his pants worried that Brady can beat you 1,000,000 ways but the rest of the Pats offense shouldn't scare anyone