It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 pm 

The video I have seen seems to show more tripping than pass interference. The angle isn't clear enough to see an "arm bar" as I've seen some posters mention. Ben threw into double coverage and it seems like Rogers either tripped or was tripped.

Does anyone have conclusive video proof that it was DPI? It sure as heck seems like it should have been but the video I've seen is not clear enough to be conclusive in my mind.

Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

Someone had grabbed Rogers' jersey and was yanking on it as Rogers falls.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm 

the db grabs the jersey and slightly rotates rogers body causing rogers feet to get tripped up enough to cause him to go down..tipped ball...ball game. Bullshit no TD call..BS NO DPI call...nobody but nobody will convince me otherwise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm 

I'm coming around to the incomplete call on the Outlaw play. My original thought for some reason was catch and down on the 1, because for some reason I thought he had been touched. I never DREAMED it'd be called incomplete.

I now can see that when he stretched out over the goalline, he slammed the point of the football on the ground. Even though I can't definitively see whether or not at least one finger of his right hand was still under the ball,I guess if the tip hit like I suspect the ball would have moved and that would have been enough to nullify the catch (fucking stupid rule). Again, had he been touched, it'd have been down at the one, right?

The pass interference, it sure LOOKED like something fishy happened, I'd love to see some clear video. Of course the NFL won't help us out because the truth would likely make them look bad. Right now I can't see well enough to think either way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
The video I have seen seems to show more tripping than pass interference. The angle isn't clear enough to see an "arm bar" as I've seen some posters mention. Ben threw into double coverage and it seems like Rogers either tripped or was tripped.

Does anyone have conclusive video proof that it was DPI? It sure as heck seems like it should have been but the video I've seen is not clear enough to be conclusive in my mind.

There is no way DPI is going to be called on that play. If there was a jersey tug, it was for a millisecond.

Ball hit Rogers' hands...he should have had it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

There is no way DPI is going to be called on that play. If there was a jersey tug, it was for a millisecond.

Jeems, thats clear as fkn day DPI..you re not gonna get 2 hands pulling on his jersey..a slight tug enough to turn rogers body and cause him to trip is easy as fuck DPI.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Jeems, thats clear as fkn day DPI..you re not gonna get 2 hands pulling on his jersey..a slight tug enough to turn rogers body and cause him to trip is easy as fuck DPI.

Watch it again without blinders.

Sorry...I call it as I see it...wasn't DPI.

Was DPI on the Bryant TD...I can't believe they didn't call it...had Bryant dropped that ball, we were screwed.

But not on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm 

Jeemie"]
GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Watch it again without blinders.

Sorry...I call it as I see it...wasn't DPI.

Was DPI on the Bryant TD...I can't believe they didn't call it...had Bryant dropped that ball, we were screwed.

But not on this one.[/quote]

Jeems, sorry dude, i dont watch with blinders on..maybe you do... i dont...i also call it as i see it..thats clear DPI...we'll agree to disagree and ive already watched it over a dozen times.. bryant TD could also have been called

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

Maybe I'm getting old, and my eyes suck, but I don't see anything near concusive evidence one way or another. I ask again, what are either of you guys seeing that is conclusive in any way?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
Maybe I'm getting old, and my eyes suck, but I don't see anything near concusive evidence one way or another. I ask again, what are either of you guys seeing that is conclusive in any way?

Conclusive doesn’t mean probably. Conclusive is a very high standard of review.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

So if it's not conclusive that it was DPI, why would we expect the officials to call it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:

I see the CBs right hand grabbing the jersey which starts turning rogers body, this also gives the CB leverage to come over the top with his left hand giving him enough extension to tip that ball and also simultaneously causing rogers to trip...sublte yes, but that's how good these guys are and you have to call that imo and it is usually called

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

I see the CBs right hand grabbing the jersey which starts turning rogers body, this also gives the CB leverage to come over the top with his left hand giving him enough extension to tip that ball and also simultaneously causing rogers to trip...sublte yes, but that's how good these guys are and you have to call that imo and it is usually called

Pats didn't commit one holding call all game.

They didn't commit one defensive holding or defensive PI either.

Just two false starts, is that right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 pm 

Technically yes but they didn't get that call all night. Not surprised they didn't get it there

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:02 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Can you see that on this link?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/262186/the-nfl-catch-rule-has-issues-but-steelers-survive-the-ground-call-was-right

Cuz I can't. I see a lot of blur and Rogers tripping/being tripped but not much else.

I'm sure some better view of this will come out at some point unless the NFL somehow embargos it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm 

Fuck the nfl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:07 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

So if it's not conclusive that it was DPI, why would we expect the officials to call it?

My comment was re Outlaw.

JackSplat58 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Can you see that on this link?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/262186/the-nfl-catch-rule-has-issues-but-steelers-survive-the-ground-call-was-right

Cuz I can't. I see a lot of blur and Rogers tripping/being tripped but not much else.

I'm sure some better view of this will come out at some point unless the NFL somehow embargos it.

not sure what you re asking me to look at Jack

Yes.
Im a soar loser.....
So here goes.
6 penalties for us..... to 2 for the pats.
Bryant's arm was held on that TD for 5-10 yards of his route.
During and after the catch.

Burns pass interference on Gronk was poor....did not even get hold of arm. Jersey. Nothing.

Pats oline.....not one holding call?

The illegal touch by Pats receiver....
Loss of down. AND 5 yard penalty?
Yes?
Never marked off the 5 yards.

Thought we got short spots on many plays.
Especially some bell gains

All that being said.
We got up by 8.
And tried to turtle away the last 15 minutes of the game.
6 straight runs on last 6 first down plays for a total of 12 yards.

More DHB and less Bryant.
More Toussaint.
Telegraphing more run plays before they even huddle up.
More 6th oline sets with Hawkins and DHB.

You want a defense to shut down run plays.
Then scream run plays with personnel and formation

First drive fourth quarter.
1st and 10 run. Penalty.
1st and 20 run.
2 nd and 18 run.

My goal for the offense was to not revert back to the offense of the first half of season.
That's exactly what they did in the fourth quarter.
It's why they only scored 7 points in second half.

In a game we all knew we needed the offense to score 30-35+
We chose to go back to our 20 point per game approach of the first half of season.

We don't live in our fears at the podium......
We wait for the biggest game of the year....biggest quarter of the year.....to live with our fears.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:

We're talking about the interception play, right?

Can you see all of the things you describe from THIS video, or do you have another, better, view?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

We're talking about the interception play, right?

Can you see all of the things you describe from THIS video, or do you have another, better, view?

when I go to that link I don't see that last play

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
The illegal touch by Pats receiver....
Loss of down. AND 5 yard penalty?
Yes?
Never marked off the 5 yards.

Yup. It was third and three.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 pm 

Starting at 0:45.

And now, yes, I see it on the third replay, right towards the end.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm 

On burns single coverage on sideline not sure pat receiver pat had burns face mask. Nothing called. On any EZ pass NE is trained to fly into the play, thats how AB got kic kicked, how Rogers got tripped. If roles were reversed and we committed inflections flags fly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm 

Yeah, I didn't see that on the original Steel Depot tweet.

That looks conclusive to me.