It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 pm 

The video I have seen seems to show more tripping than pass interference. The angle isn't clear enough to see an "arm bar" as I've seen some posters mention. Ben threw into double coverage and it seems like Rogers either tripped or was tripped.

Does anyone have conclusive video proof that it was DPI? It sure as heck seems like it should have been but the video I've seen is not clear enough to be conclusive in my mind.

Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

Someone had grabbed Rogers' jersey and was yanking on it as Rogers falls.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm 

the db grabs the jersey and slightly rotates rogers body causing rogers feet to get tripped up enough to cause him to go down..tipped ball...ball game. Bullshit no TD call..BS NO DPI call...nobody but nobody will convince me otherwise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm 

I'm coming around to the incomplete call on the Outlaw play. My original thought for some reason was catch and down on the 1, because for some reason I thought he had been touched. I never DREAMED it'd be called incomplete.

I now can see that when he stretched out over the goalline, he slammed the point of the football on the ground. Even though I can't definitively see whether or not at least one finger of his right hand was still under the ball,I guess if the tip hit like I suspect the ball would have moved and that would have been enough to nullify the catch (fucking stupid rule). Again, had he been touched, it'd have been down at the one, right?

The pass interference, it sure LOOKED like something fishy happened, I'd love to see some clear video. Of course the NFL won't help us out because the truth would likely make them look bad. Right now I can't see well enough to think either way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
The video I have seen seems to show more tripping than pass interference. The angle isn't clear enough to see an "arm bar" as I've seen some posters mention. Ben threw into double coverage and it seems like Rogers either tripped or was tripped.

Does anyone have conclusive video proof that it was DPI? It sure as heck seems like it should have been but the video I've seen is not clear enough to be conclusive in my mind.

There is no way DPI is going to be called on that play. If there was a jersey tug, it was for a millisecond.

Ball hit Rogers' hands...he should have had it.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

There is no way DPI is going to be called on that play. If there was a jersey tug, it was for a millisecond.

Jeems, thats clear as fkn day DPI..you re not gonna get 2 hands pulling on his jersey..a slight tug enough to turn rogers body and cause him to trip is easy as fuck DPI.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Jeems, thats clear as fkn day DPI..you re not gonna get 2 hands pulling on his jersey..a slight tug enough to turn rogers body and cause him to trip is easy as fuck DPI.

Watch it again without blinders.

Sorry...I call it as I see it...wasn't DPI.

Was DPI on the Bryant TD...I can't believe they didn't call it...had Bryant dropped that ball, we were screwed.

But not on this one.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm 

Jeemie"]
GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Watch it again without blinders.

Sorry...I call it as I see it...wasn't DPI.

Was DPI on the Bryant TD...I can't believe they didn't call it...had Bryant dropped that ball, we were screwed.

But not on this one.[/quote]

Jeems, sorry dude, i dont watch with blinders on..maybe you do... i dont...i also call it as i see it..thats clear DPI...we'll agree to disagree and ive already watched it over a dozen times.. bryant TD could also have been called

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

Maybe I'm getting old, and my eyes suck, but I don't see anything near concusive evidence one way or another. I ask again, what are either of you guys seeing that is conclusive in any way?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
Maybe I'm getting old, and my eyes suck, but I don't see anything near concusive evidence one way or another. I ask again, what are either of you guys seeing that is conclusive in any way?

Conclusive doesn’t mean probably. Conclusive is a very high standard of review.