It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
Old School Steeler wrote:
Christ I'm watching random segments I was right, wr tugged on Burns face mask, Rogers was interfered with, Gronk taunted, JuJu face was yanked on 3rd down. No calls.


On Burkhead's touchdown to open the scoring, one of our defenders was held like a motherfucker. Worse than Villanueva's hold.

On Burns DPI (which was DPI, so I'm not complaining except it wasn't called on the Bryant TD), the flag did not come out until Gronk missed the pass.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 12:19 pm
Posts: 258
Rodgers clearly getting held.If you watch the video it clearly alters his ability to catch the ball.Ref in the back of the EZ looking directly at it!Should have at least been 5 yards and 1st down.


[imgURL=http://s350.photobucket.com/user/VinImp/media/IMG_4228-1_zps78kizofw.jpeg.html]Image[/URL]/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the intercepttion?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
When you watch the play in real time, Rogers is barely affected by that.

Sorry...they're never calling that DPI on the last play of the game...they simply aren't.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the intercepttion?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Jeemie wrote:
When you watch the play in real time, Rogers is barely affected by that.

Sorry...they're never calling that DPI on the last play of the game...they simply aren't.




that's still BS Jeems. Rogers is totally affected by that tug/pull and that is totally getting called most of the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the intercepttion?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 715
Jeemie wrote:
When you watch the play in real time, Rogers is barely affected by that.

Sorry...they're never calling that DPI on the last play of the game...they simply aren't.


Huh?!?

Of course, that holding of the jersey, affected Rogers ability to catch the ball.

Why wouldn't it?

That call is commonly made in the NFL. See it called a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the intercepttion?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Stillchest wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
When you watch the play in real time, Rogers is barely affected by that.

Sorry...they're never calling that DPI on the last play of the game...they simply aren't.


Huh?!?

Of course, that holding of the jersey, affected Rogers ability to catch the ball.

Why wouldn't it?

That call is commonly made in the NFL. See it called a lot.



yup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the intercepttion?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 730
Stillchest wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
When you watch the play in real time, Rogers is barely affected by that.

Sorry...they're never calling that DPI on the last play of the game...they simply aren't.


Huh?!?

Of course, that holding of the jersey, affected Rogers ability to catch the ball.

Why wouldn't it?

That call is commonly made in the NFL. See it called a lot.

And it does get called at the end of games - Oakland got several tries at the end of TNF in Oct when they beat KC. Bottom line is it should be called the same regardless of whether it is the 1st quarter or last play of the game.


Last edited by Stillerz Bar on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:37 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Quote:
Eli Rogers‏
Verified account

@__bELIeve17
28m
28 minutes ago


More
Bullshit call Bullshit everything. Wtf!!? But we gone get in that ass next time. No doubt!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
If the Steelers got screwed any harder at the end of the game, they'd have to move to Hollywood and run for Congress.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 715
Kodiak wrote:
If the Steelers got screwed any harder at the end of the game, they'd have to move to Hollywood and run for Congress.


Hahahaha!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4683
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
Suwanee88 wrote:
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


More I think about it, the dumber this play was.

First...again...the Pats are uber-disciplined. No reason to think they’d relax on a fake spike.

Second...was third down with plenty of time for a quick play, then FG try. Who’d be dumb enough to think the Steelers would pass up one last chance to win the game?

Outsmarted ourselves.

Like teams often do against New England.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4683
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


More I think about it, the dumber this play was.

First...again...the Pats are uber-disciplined. No reason to think they’d relax on a fake spike.

Second...was third down with plenty of time for a quick play, then FG try. Who’d be dumb enough to think the Steelers would pass up one last chance to win the game?

Outsmarted ourselves.

Like teams often do against New England.

Uber-disciplined is an excellent description. I was very impressed with their defensive coverage. When Romo would show those long shots, they were exceptional in coverage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


More I think about it, the dumber this play was.

First...again...the Pats are uber-disciplined. No reason to think they’d relax on a fake spike.

Second...was third down with plenty of time for a quick play, then FG try. Who’d be dumb enough to think the Steelers would pass up one last chance to win the game?

Outsmarted ourselves.

Like teams often do against New England.




except that there was obvious DPI on the play. C'mon Jeems! The part that was dumb wa shaving only Rogers run a route but it seems like most of the team thought the call was a spike play


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Jeemie wrote:
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.



ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
GreekSteel wrote:
except that there was obvious DPI on the play. C'mon Jeems! The part that was dumb wa shaving only Rogers run a route but it seems like most of the team thought the call was a spike play


As I said, I know I'm in a minority in not thinking it was blatant DPI, but even granting it- the official responsible was not looking at the play...had only just turned around to see it when the play happened. If you want to believe it was on purpose, go right ahead.

But of course Rogers was the only one who ran a route- to sell a fake spike play, that's what you have to do.

The stupid thing was a route to the middle of the field. I now wonder if Rogers messed that up because Ben did pump towards the corner of the EZ for a fade route.

But once he saw Rogers slant in, he needed to fire that bad boy out the back of the EZ...haven't we seen by now not to throw to the middle of the EZ against the Pats? Too dangerous a pass.

This is why you use the quiet times in a game to PLAN...when you're rushed, too much bad shit can happen.

The root cause of what we saw was Tomlin and Haley and Ben not using the long review time to plan what they were going to do next should the TD call be reversed.

I bet if you took a shot of the Pats' sideline...the coaches and defensive players were huddled up and talking.

I bet you anything they were.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 282
GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.



ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...

Fades don't have to be jump balls. If he fakes to the inside and runs to the corner of the end zone he's likely wide open. The CB was playing him hard inside.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
GreekSteel wrote:
ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...


That's why I said it was beyond moronic not to have Tay on the field.

And Ben has thrown a fade to a midget before...he's thrown them to Brown, and he's thrown them to Hines Ward.

My point is- you have one play left to try and win in regulation- the ONLY thing that prevents overtime is you turning the ball over (or being stupid and throwing a ball short of the EZ).

So the play HAS to be a play where either the receiver catches it or no one does.

A slant to the middle of the EZ is NOT such a play.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
except that there was obvious DPI on the play. C'mon Jeems! The part that was dumb wa shaving only Rogers run a route but it seems like most of the team thought the call was a spike play


As I said, I know I'm in a minority in not thinking it was blatant DPI, but even granting it- the official responsible was not looking at the play...had only just turned around to see it when the play happened. If you want to believe it was on purpose, go right ahead.

But of course Rogers was the only one who ran a route- to sell a fake spike play, that's what you have to do.

The stupid thing was a route to the middle of the field. I now wonder if Rogers messed that up because Ben did pump towards the corner of the EZ for a fade route.

But once he saw Rogers slant in, he needed to fire that bad boy out the back of the EZ...haven't we seen by now not to throw to the middle of the EZ against the Pats? Too dangerous a pass.

This is why you use the quiet times in a game to PLAN...when you're rushed, too much bad shit can happen.



if u watch it again Ben looks at rogers and gives him a signal-- i think its safe to assume the signal is to run a slant route-- so the pump fake fade was to throw off the defense, and had no bearing on rogers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9796
Jeemie wrote:
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.


Tomlin and Haley are idiots. Who the fuck cares about the run we’ve been on if we can’t win a meaningful game against the Pats? If you have to go into Foxboro in January and lose, does it matter?

Again, maybe someday, when we are starting Laundry Jones or Calvin Hobbs Tomlin will understand you beat the Pats by not being passive. If you play small ball possession bullshit you will lose.

Why do people still defend this guy?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:04 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
watched it again JJ was even blocking on that side of the field..the play was most definitely that slant


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23682
GreekSteel wrote:
watched it again JJ was even blocking on that side of the field..the play was most definitely that slant


Stupid risky playcall when the only thing that prevents you from at least getting a tie is a turnover.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 715
seabs926 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.



ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...

Fades don't have to be jump balls. If he fakes to the inside and runs to the corner of the end zone he's likely wide open. The CB was playing him hard inside.


No way does that JAG smurf Rogers, make an acrobatic grab, in the back corner of the EZ.

Wrong personnel for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:08 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
watched it again JJ was even blocking on that side of the field..the play was most definitely that slant


Stupid risky playcall when the only thing that prevents you from at least getting a tie is a turnover.




I don't disagree it was risky...just that there was obvious (for me) DPI on the play. I agree on the personnel grouping on the field as well, could have gotten the right guys on the field while waiting to get fucked by the replay official rather than praying for a TD call, but we all know it takes haley all day to get plays in..if thesteelers haven't learned by now to shut off Haleys heaset comms to Ben, they never will.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CdnSteelerFan, GreekSteel, Steeledge and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group