It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3859
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 21703
Suwanee88 wrote:
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


More I think about it, the dumber this play was.

First...again...the Pats are uber-disciplined. No reason to think they’d relax on a fake spike.

Second...was third down with plenty of time for a quick play, then FG try. Who’d be dumb enough to think the Steelers would pass up one last chance to win the game?

Outsmarted ourselves.

Like teams often do against New England.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3859
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


More I think about it, the dumber this play was.

First...again...the Pats are uber-disciplined. No reason to think they’d relax on a fake spike.

Second...was third down with plenty of time for a quick play, then FG try. Who’d be dumb enough to think the Steelers would pass up one last chance to win the game?

Outsmarted ourselves.

Like teams often do against New England.

Uber-disciplined is an excellent description. I was very impressed with their defensive coverage. When Romo would show those long shots, they were exceptional in coverage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8556
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Boston Globe is talking about how the Steelers tried to trick them with the fake spike and how their D didn’t fall for the fake...... it’s a good point. Much more disciplined than the Steelers.


More I think about it, the dumber this play was.

First...again...the Pats are uber-disciplined. No reason to think they’d relax on a fake spike.

Second...was third down with plenty of time for a quick play, then FG try. Who’d be dumb enough to think the Steelers would pass up one last chance to win the game?

Outsmarted ourselves.

Like teams often do against New England.




except that there was obvious DPI on the play. C'mon Jeems! The part that was dumb wa shaving only Rogers run a route but it seems like most of the team thought the call was a spike play


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 21703
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8556
Jeemie wrote:
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.



ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 21703
GreekSteel wrote:
except that there was obvious DPI on the play. C'mon Jeems! The part that was dumb wa shaving only Rogers run a route but it seems like most of the team thought the call was a spike play


As I said, I know I'm in a minority in not thinking it was blatant DPI, but even granting it- the official responsible was not looking at the play...had only just turned around to see it when the play happened. If you want to believe it was on purpose, go right ahead.

But of course Rogers was the only one who ran a route- to sell a fake spike play, that's what you have to do.

The stupid thing was a route to the middle of the field. I now wonder if Rogers messed that up because Ben did pump towards the corner of the EZ for a fade route.

But once he saw Rogers slant in, he needed to fire that bad boy out the back of the EZ...haven't we seen by now not to throw to the middle of the EZ against the Pats? Too dangerous a pass.

This is why you use the quiet times in a game to PLAN...when you're rushed, too much bad shit can happen.

The root cause of what we saw was Tomlin and Haley and Ben not using the long review time to plan what they were going to do next should the TD call be reversed.

I bet if you took a shot of the Pats' sideline...the coaches and defensive players were huddled up and talking.

I bet you anything they were.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 199
GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I forgot- third dumb thing about the fake spike.

To sell the fake spike, everyone except the guy running the route has to relax, and when you see the play, everyone except Rogers did.

Therefore the play HAS to be a fade to the corner of the end zone...so it's either caught or incomplete.

Would have been nice had we had Martavis Bryant on the field the last two plays. That he was on the sideline and Heyward-Bey was out there was the dumbest thing I ever saw...ESPECIALLY coming after a long review where if it went against us you KNEW we weren't running the ball (not from the 10 yard line).

More I think about it...the dumber our coaches were. We didn't get screwed by the officials...we got screwed by our own coaches...AGAIN.



ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...

Fades don't have to be jump balls. If he fakes to the inside and runs to the corner of the end zone he's likely wide open. The CB was playing him hard inside.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 21703
GreekSteel wrote:
ya lets throw a fade to rogers...I bet Ben has never thrown a fade to a midget not named AB...


That's why I said it was beyond moronic not to have Tay on the field.

And Ben has thrown a fade to a midget before...he's thrown them to Brown, and he's thrown them to Hines Ward.

My point is- you have one play left to try and win in regulation- the ONLY thing that prevents overtime is you turning the ball over (or being stupid and throwing a ball short of the EZ).

So the play HAS to be a play where either the receiver catches it or no one does.

A slant to the middle of the EZ is NOT such a play.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pass interference on the interception?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8556
Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
except that there was obvious DPI on the play. C'mon Jeems! The part that was dumb wa shaving only Rogers run a route but it seems like most of the team thought the call was a spike play


As I said, I know I'm in a minority in not thinking it was blatant DPI, but even granting it- the official responsible was not looking at the play...had only just turned around to see it when the play happened. If you want to believe it was on purpose, go right ahead.

But of course Rogers was the only one who ran a route- to sell a fake spike play, that's what you have to do.

The stupid thing was a route to the middle of the field. I now wonder if Rogers messed that up because Ben did pump towards the corner of the EZ for a fade route.

But once he saw Rogers slant in, he needed to fire that bad boy out the back of the EZ...haven't we seen by now not to throw to the middle of the EZ against the Pats? Too dangerous a pass.

This is why you use the quiet times in a game to PLAN...when you're rushed, too much bad shit can happen.



if u watch it again Ben looks at rogers and gives him a signal-- i think its safe to assume the signal is to run a slant route-- so the pump fake fade was to throw off the defense, and had no bearing on rogers


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JackSplat58, Poltargyst, StillerInCT and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group