It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I now believe that pass rule exists to allow for...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm 

...game manipulation.

You won't see players reach out to make plays like that unless they have to.

And so bobbles/etc like that are going to happen in late games...allowing for officials to change the course of games.

So fucking tired of this shit.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Last edited by Jeemie on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I know believe that pass rule exists to allow for...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
...game manipulation.

And so bobbles/etc like that are going to happen.

Yep. Period end of story.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm 

Thanks for finally admitting what I’ve been letting on for yrs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
...game manipulation.

And so bobbles/etc like that are going to happen in late games...allowing for officials to change the course of games.

So fucking tired of this shit.

Same refs that F'ed the Jets ... for the benefit of the Pats. Not surprising.

Post subject: Re: I now believe that pass rule exists to allow for...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:37 pm 

The ball broke the endzone plane... Game Over. How do you overturn that? Doesn't matter that the ball twisted in his hands, the score was already made. I don't get the overturning. Ben did not need to throw that last pass. He was panicked and didn't make the best decision for himself or his team. Now where does this put Pittsburgh. 3rd seed?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The ball broke the endzone plane... Game Over. How do you overturn that? Doesn't matter that the ball twisted in his hands, the score was already made. I don't get the overturning. Ben did not need to throw that last pass. He was panicked and didn't make the best decision for himself or his team. Now where does this put Pittsburgh. 3rd seed?

We win out and we have the number two seed.

With an outside chance at number one (very slim) as Buffalo is playing for a wild card.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 pm 

I don't understand how you can definitively say that the ball touched the ground. Did it? Did they have such a great angle that they knew definitively that James did not have a finger, part of his hand under the ball? I thought they had to have indisputable proof to overturn the call on the field.

Tomlin/Haley deserve to lose this game for taking their foot off the gas. Up 24-16 and they waste two drives trying to hand the ball off and chew the clock. Again, they took the ball out of Ben's hands. This offense does not run through the running game, does not run through Bell. It has and always will be Ben that makes the difference. To take the ball out of his hands for those two drives was sheer stupidity.

I will say this too, I love the Steelers chances with Haden back, with Brown for all 4 quarters, with Marcus Gilbert back at RT, with the ILBs playing 3 more games to get comfortable in place of Shazier. It was always going to be hard to beat them twice in the same year, but now they just need to take heart that the defensive changes were an improvement and that they will get another chance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I don't understand how you can definitively say that the ball touched the ground. Did it? Did they have such a great angle that they knew definitively that James did not have a finger, part of his hand under the ball? I thought they had to have indisputable proof to overturn the call on the field.

Tomlin/Haley deserve to lose this game for taking their foot off the gas. Up 24-16 and they waste two drives trying to hand the ball off and chew the clock. Again, they took the ball out of Ben's hands. This offense does not run through the running game, does not run through Bell. It has and always will be Ben that makes the difference. To take the ball out of his hands for those two drives was sheer stupidity.

I will say this too, I love the Steelers chances with Haden back, with Brown for all 4 quarters, with Marcus Gilbert back at RT, with the ILBs playing 3 more games to get comfortable in place of Shazier. It was always going to be hard to beat them twice in the same year, but now they just need to take heart that the defensive changes were an improvement and that they will get another chance.

Corrente made that exact same call with the exact same zero evidence to do it in the Jets' game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Corrente made that exact same call with the exact same zero evidence to do it in the Jets' game.

Yes he did.....he must be enjoying his Christmas bonus this year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm 

Scunge wrote:

Agree with all that of it