It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coaching Flaw
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 am 

Cowher anticipated League bullshit when Troy made spectacular pic in Indy. He prepared them, had them ready to deal with league screwing us out of possession. He kept them focused and ready for the outcome.

Tomlin did no such thing. They should have prepared for league fuckery and applied what if. They didn't, they assumed call would stand, didn't prepare. We saw shots of JJ on sideline. Precious time being lost. Should have had plays ready. Instead panic and lack of leadership lost a winnable pivotal game.

The league also assumed, assumed the ball hit the turf, assumed JJs hand or fingers were not under the ball. If they were under ball is allowed to move, possession was not lost to the ground.

Tomlin failed in a very big spot. After 10 years he's still deficient.

Post subject: Re: Coaching Flaw
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 am 

And...if IR happened under Goodell it would have been reversed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:06 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Cowher anticipated League bullshit when Troy made spectacular pic in Indy. He prepared them, had them ready to deal with league screwing us out of possession. He kept them focused and ready for the outcome.

Tomlin did no such thing. They should have prepared for league fuckery and applied what if. They didn't, they assumed call would stand, didn't prepare. We saw shots of JJ on sideline. Precious time being lost. Should have had plays ready. Instead panic and lack of leadership lost a winnable pivotal game.

The league also assumed, assumed the ball hit the turf, assumed JJs hand or fingers were not under the ball. If they were under ball is allowed to move, possession was not lost to the ground.

I'm bitter over the play, but I am pretty sure it hit the turf. I see no way that it didn't.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 am 

Jeemie wrote:
I'm bitter over the play, but I am pretty sure it hit the turf. I see no way that it didn't.

I'm of the mind that it's physically impossible NOT to have possession of the ball AND reach it across the goal line.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 am 

such an absurd overrule of a good TD. Same as Dez vs GB in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I'm of the mind that it's physically impossible NOT to have possession of the ball AND reach it across the goal line.

I agree but the way the stupid rule is written, the reach doesn't matter.

They changed the rule a few years back because they had a couple of plays where it was difficult to determine what "a football move" is.

So in an ironic way, this rule is actually more definitive than the old rule, but the new rule also fails the common sense test.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 am 

Jeemie wrote:
So in an ironic way, this rule is actually more definitive than the old rule, but the new rule also fails the common sense test.

That's why I'm pissed. Because I guarantee refs are told to USE common sense. But time and again we see common sense suspended for the "rules" to influence outcomes.

The NFL is fixed. It's no longer debatable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 am 

Cowher’s Team gave up a touchdown immediately after Troy’s pick was overturned. So much for getting them ready.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:58 am 

Steel 40 wrote:

Cowher’s Team gave up a touchdown immediately after Troy’s pick was overturned. So much for getting them ready.

Yes, that is true.

However, the point remains- they used the review time to prep and get ready.

Preparation doesn’t guarantee success, but success rarely comes without it.

Tomlin and Company had some quiet time to plan out their next moves should James’ call get overturned. They failed to use that time to their advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 am 

First time PIT has lost when leading by 8 in Q4 at Heinz field. Wow.

Of course, we all know they actually won that game.