It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Coaching Flaw
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:20 am 

We had them beat.

Nail/Coffin.

Second guessing every little Bullshit play is excuses.

Again, we had them beat. I have zero doubts we do it again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:33 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
Cowher anticipated League bullshit when Troy made spectacular pic in Indy. He prepared them, had them ready to deal with league screwing us out of possession. He kept them focused and ready for the outcome.

Tomlin did no such thing. They should have prepared for league fuckery and applied what if. They didn't, they assumed call would stand, didn't prepare. We saw shots of JJ on sideline. Precious time being lost. Should have had plays ready. Instead panic and lack of leadership lost a winnable pivotal game.

The league also assumed, assumed the ball hit the turf, assumed JJs hand or fingers were not under the ball. If they were under ball is allowed to move, possession was not lost to the ground.

Tomlin failed in a very big spot. After 10 years he's still deficient.

I'm bitter over the play, but I am pretty sure it hit the turf. I see no way that it didn't.

I agree - catch the fuckng football - find ways to win the game- don’t wait a quarter to play man coverage or only play man 2 times in 16 fucking years of matchups vs Brady - draft better - bring in a free agent who can cover Gronk - I am tired of the pussy ref talk/excuses.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 am 

Kodiak wrote:
First time PIT has lost when leading by 8 in Q4 at Heinz field. Wow.

Of course, we all know they actually won that game.

Man are you the ultimate victim.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 am 

We see many calls not reverse, even when it can be inferred that a ball hit the ground etc, because there has to be visual evidence in order to reverse the call, not inference.

Many of you saying "I am pretty sure....". Maybe you're right, but that's not enough.

What is so hard to understand. If there is a shot that was available to the ref at the time of review that clearly showed the ball on the ground, then it is what it is and the overturn is correct.

But, I haven't seen anything other than must'ves and inference and cosmic superpowers to see through arms. That by rule is not enough to reverse a call. One rule is ok, but another not?

Old SCHOOL has a point.....ben is on sideline with hand grabbing facemask instead of discussing next play if things go sour.

Finally, ben's throw was off. If he doesn't lead James, who is standing still, james backs his junk up into the endzone. No controversy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am 

Jeemie wrote:

Yes, that is true.

However, the point remains- they used the review time to prep and get ready.

Preparation doesn’t guarantee success, but success rarely comes without it.

Tomlin and Company had some quiet time to plan out their next moves should James’ call get overturned. They failed to use that time to their advantage.

THIS

Can someone tell me what the fuck Ben/Tomlin/Haley were doing during that time?? Were they coordinating their TD celebration?

This is HS level preparation and planning. They know they have time for 2 plays...POSSIBLY 3 if they get an inc. during that sequence. They have to start discussing "do we go for the win or settle for a FG and OT"

It's again the hallmark of a team that appears to not plan for any sort of fucking contingency

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 am 

The whole 4th quarter was a clusterfuck of missed opportunities to put the Pats away. They played small ball to run the clock, thus taking the ball out of Ben's hands. To beat the Pats, you have to ball out a full 60 minutes, not just 45!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I'm bitter over the play, but I am pretty sure it hit the turf. I see no way that it didn't.

I'm of the mind that it's physically impossible NOT to have possession of the ball AND reach it across the goal line.

Exactly what I thought. All I’m hearing from non Steelers non pats fans is we got really fucked over.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/foot ... -1.3706114

But we gotta move on at any rate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am 

Quote:

When does pretty sure = conclusive.

Still waiting for a replay that shows the ball hitting the grass.
And a replay showing that his hand was not under the ball....if it even hit the grass.

Still waiting.

Pretty sure........is not conclusive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:24 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I'm of the mind that it's physically impossible NOT to have possession of the ball AND reach it across the goal line.

Exactly what I thought. All I’m hearing from non Steelers non pats fans is we got really fucked over.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/foot ... -1.3706114

But we gotta move on at any rate

Yup. And how long is it going to take the board to realize that the Steelers season is not over and that another SB is still very much a very real possibility?

All this talk that the Steelers have zero chance to beat the Pats in NE. Stockholm (Pussy) Syndrome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 am 

Quote:
Yup. And how long is it going to take the board to realize that the Steelers season is not over and that another SB is still very much a very real possibility?

All this talk that the Steelers have zero chance to beat the Pats in NE. Stockholm (Pussy) Syndrome.

Its silly talk Lit.

Here is why.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007122900/2007/REG17/patriots@giants#tab=recap

Giants gained confidence, knew they could play with the Pats after taking them to the wire in last game of regular season.
Then beat them in the SB.