It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pats dont want us again
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
We win out we are locked into a bye, no wild card. Matter of #1 or #2 if NE loses one of last 2

Jax wins out, they are still #3 If Ne loses one of last 2 Jax is getting bye

overall record still elevates overt the tie breakers

If we lose one of last 2 we fall to WC

You’re simply saying what I’m saying, Beth, without understanding the fact that our most likely opponent in a divisional round playoff game is Jacksonville. There are only two scenarios, both very unlikely, where New England gets matched up against them in the divisional round.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:11 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
We win out we are locked into a bye, no wild card. Matter of #1 or #2 if NE loses one of last 2

You’re simply saying what I’m saying, Beth, without understanding the fact that our most likely opponent in a divisional round playoff game is Jacksonville. There are only two scenarios, both very unlikely, where New England gets matched up against them in the divisional round.

And I would be okay with that....I think New England is much more likely to lose to KC or Baltimore in the Divisional Round than Jax. And...second time around, I like our chances against Jax at Heinz.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:24 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

And I would be okay with that....I think New England is much more likely to lose to KC or Baltimore in the Divisional Round than Jax. And...second time around, I like our chances against Jax at Heinz.

Of course, there also exist scenarios for New England and Pittsbugh to meet up in the divisional round, either at Foxboro or Heinz. Again...highly unlikely but possible.

Jax wins out, and New England and us each lose either 1 or 2 games- we need to win a WCG and then we play the Pats in Foxboro next.

Jax wins out, we lose one more, and the Pats lose out. Then the Pats have to win a WCG and come to Heinz for the AFCDG.

If the NFL does fix games, this kind of thing would be one reason why...more possibilities requiring all games to be played out to the end of the regular season with the Pats winning than the Steelers. Jax, Pit, and NE now all have to play all out until the end of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Like i said i didn't get a chance to go through the simulator post NE Loss