It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pats dont want us again
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 am 

Don't give me Ryan Mallet.

This isn't the 2015 Steelers and you know it.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:35 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Don't give me Ryan Mallet.

This isn't the 2015 Steelers and you know it.

You can't reason with Pvt Hudson when he has just peed himself. Usual Debbie Downer set in overdrive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am 

You just wonder what the next magical ruling will be that favors the patriots in the key moment of a game.

The tuck rule

a catch that magically is no catch

I'm guessing the next one will be maybe Gronk catching a ball, taking 8 strides before having it knocked out of his hand, and it being ruled incomplete instead of a fumble simply because of some magical way of reading the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:52 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Wait...wut?

Have you seen Brady’s record against the Steelers, let alone in foxboro? And they don’t want to play us again?

OK. I wonder if our coach will someday understand that you can’t take a quarter off of football and expect to beat Brady and the Pats. As long as Belichek is playing Tomlin, they will win and we will lose. Period. Some of you guys are hilarious.

We let Ben just wilt the entire third quarter and early part of the fourth.

The problem with Tomlin is he's always gonna think defense first and once again he relied on that below average unit.

This guy doesn't get it, but how does Ben let this continue to happen....he barely threw the ball the third Q. It's sickening that he tried to sit on an 8 point lead in the 3rd q.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 am 

ToddHaleysNineIron wrote:
You just wonder what the next magical ruling will be that favors the patriots in the key moment of a game.

The tuck rule

I'm guessing the next one will be maybe Gronk catching a ball, taking 8 strides before having it knocked out of his hand, and it being ruled incomplete instead of a fumble simply because of some magical way of reading the rules.

I'm probably crazy, but I really do not think the Steelers lose a rematch.

The board is peeing itself. If you were only going to win one of two, this ain't the one.

I believe in this team and Tomlin, I really, truly do.

I'm not going to mope.

Beat Houston.
Beat Cleveland.
Rest a week.
Beat WC winner.
Push NE's shit in in Foxboro.
Smile bigly.

I repeat: I believe in this team and Tomlin. I believe in Ben, too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Wait...wut?

Have you seen Brady’s record against the Steelers, let alone in foxboro? And they don’t want to play us again?

OK. I wonder if our coach will someday understand that you can’t take a quarter off of football and expect to beat Brady and the Pats. As long as Belichek is playing Tomlin, they will win and we will lose. Period. Some of you guys are hilarious.

We let Ben just wilt the entire third quarter and early part of the fourth.

The problem with Tomlin is he's always gonna think defense first and once again he relied on that below average unit.

This guy doesn't get it, but how does Ben let this continue to happen....he barely threw the ball the third Q. It's sickening that he tried to sit on an 8 point lead in the 3rd q.

Actually, what they were thinking is the running game was having success giving them third and manageable so they let themselves get sucked into that clock-killing mode as opposed to, as B2B put it, being in that mode where you let Ben be Ben and score while also dominating the clock.

In a way, Tomlin was trying to protect the defense by keeping them off the field, but scoring can never become secondary to that unless there's two minutes left in the game.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 am 

Still Lit wrote:

The tuck rule

The board is peeing itself. If you were only going to win one of two, this ain't the one.

I'm not going to mope.

Beat Houston.
Beat Cleveland.
Rest a week.
Beat WC winner.
Smile bigly.

You can also make an argument that had you won this one, maybe the rematch doesn't happen.

If the Steelers win this one, the Patriots are likely the #3 seed playing on the road against a rested Jacksonville squad with that ferocious defense.

The Patriots have never advanced to the Super Bowl without the bye week.

In fact, they've only ever gotten to the AFCCG one time without the bye week.

I feel confident that we can go toe to toe with them now...except in the coaching and discipline department.

Best statement I saw all night...the Patriots force you to play all 3,600 seconds of almost perfect football, and the Steelers managed only 3,595.

Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 am 

Still Lit wrote:

The tuck rule

I'm not going to mope.

Beat Houston.
Beat Cleveland.
Rest a week.
Beat WC winner.
Smile bigly.

I don’t especially want to face NE again.

I’d like to host Jax and see KC upset NE.

KC @ Pitt

Last night’s game was one of the most painful of all time. I can’t stomach another loss to NE.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

The tuck rule

I'm not going to mope.

Beat Houston.
Beat Cleveland.
Rest a week.
Beat WC winner.
Smile bigly.

I don’t especially want to face NE again.

I’d like to host Jax and see KC upset NE.

KC @ Pitt

Last night’s game was one of the most painful of all time. I can’t stomach another loss to NE.

I can. It's only football.

I want the Steelers to beat NE or get knocked out trying. I have no problem with that.

I hope Tomlin learned the final lesson: never, never take your foot off the gas.

And I am very proud of our defense learning from the past. Except for Gronk, shut those assholes down.

Give me a healthy Haden. Let's go hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am 

Well. Other playoff participants will likely be Jags and Ravens.

Ravens and Jags can both knock Pats off. But they can both knock steelers off as well.

Had steelers won, these 3 would possibly have faced eachother before getting to Pitt. Now it's likely that Pit will have to face 2 of the 3 if they win the first matchup. Pats own the steelers, period. Jags have steelers number, a pick 6 almost guaranteed. Ravens are the ravens.

I know everyone on the board here overcompensates for inferiority to Pats by being full of Internet machismo, but this team is just much better at home. Ben's legacy needs to go into NE and win. Realism says to get to the SB, someone needs to knock NE off.

Listening to fans say the steelers will go into NE and win reminds of those old milk commercials. "But we're drinking milk, and one day......."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next