It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Officials weren’t looking/not in position on last play
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:21 am 

We’ve been about possible missed DPI on the last play.

Well look at this Twitter of the play...if it should have been flagged, it was because there was no official close enough looking at it to see it.

The official close enough to do so had his back to the play and was just in the process of turning around when any interference happened. Side judges would be way too far away to call anything.

https://t.co/4OerTkMB5c

Were they out of position, scrambling just like everyone else? I don’t know.

But that’s likely why nothing was called rather than conspiracy.

I still think it would have been not called as I don’t think it was blatant DPI, but I realize I’m in the minority.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post subject: Re: Officials weren’t looking/not in position on last play
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 am 

Then why were the running the fucking clock?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:52 am 

fortythree wrote:

Because Heyward-Bey never got OOB...the clock never stopped.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am 

Jeemie wrote:
fortythree wrote:

No I know that.

They can stop the clock to let the officials get set for safety purposes. Why not do the same to make sure they're in position for the most important play of the game?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 am 

fortythree wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
fortythree wrote:

No I know that.

They can stop the clock to let the officials get set for safety purposes. Why not do the same to make sure they're in position for the most important play of the game?

Because “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

It was a helter-skelter moment...one that probably happens a lot in hurry up.

I'm not even sure the officials weren't in their correct spots...just there was no one that I saw looking directly at the play when it happened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 am 

In season opener after SB officials weren't in position to see Saban toss red review flag after Miller TD. The officials see what they want to see and see what they're told to see. If that was the Patriots with the ball and an opportunity to win the game under the conditions that I believe now exist in the league the officials would have called stopped the clock to stabilize the circumstances and make sure they were adequately and appropriately positioned to review the play and provide the Patriots with the outcome they would have needed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:37 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:
In season opener after SB officials weren't in position to see Saban toss red review flag after Miller TD. The officials see what they want to see and see what they're told to see. If that was the Patriots with the ball and an opportunity to win the game under the conditions that I believe now exist in the league the officials would have called stopped the clock to stabilize the circumstances and make sure they were adequately and appropriately positioned to review the play and provide the Patriots with the outcome they would have needed.

So you're saying in 2006 the Steelers were one of the favored teams that the NFL took care of and now we're not?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:24 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:

So you're saying in 2006 the Steelers were one of the favored teams that the NFL took care of and now we're not?

Their interests that day was to support Steelers. Saban few weeks previously snubbed Pres Bush, rejected lunch invite that included other sports guys. When a.sitting US Pres invites you you go, politics aside. He threw the red flag with replays showing Miller's knee down before EZ. Refs turned their backs, ignored him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 am 

Man, I hate Jim Nantz. And, Rodney Harrison is human garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm 

The official responsible for the potential call is standing directly under the goalpost and is looking directly at the hold/DPI.