It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Can we stop comparing Dez and James catches
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:17 pm
Posts: 1201
bam morris wrote:
how come pats are never fucked over on controversial shit? tuck rule? always benefit from bullshit calls..its shady as fuck..


It's funny because this isn't even the most outrageous call they've benefited from this year. That overturned TD vs the Jets was really something else.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can we stop comparing Dez and James catches
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10265
COS wrote:
bam morris wrote:
how come pats are never fucked over on controversial shit? tuck rule? always benefit from bullshit calls..its shady as fuck..


It's funny because this isn't even the most outrageous call they've benefited from this year. That overturned TD vs the Jets was really something else.

exactly...question..say a second after outlaw sticks all over goal line its knocked from his hands by a defender? touchdown? we got hosed..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can we stop comparing Dez and James catches
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3656
If anything, Dez has a better argument for his play being a catch more so than James does.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can we stop comparing Dez and James catches
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1316
bam morris wrote:
COS wrote:
bam morris wrote:
how come pats are never fucked over on controversial shit? tuck rule? always benefit from bullshit calls..its shady as fuck..


It's funny because this isn't even the most outrageous call they've benefited from this year. That overturned TD vs the Jets was really something else.

exactly...question..say a second after outlaw sticks all over goal line its knocked from his hands by a defender? touchdown? we got hosed..


How about breaking the plane going out of bounds? You don’t have to land in bounds. Countless times guys have stretched over GL from OOB or had ball slapped away


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can we stop comparing Dez and James catches?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22675
COS wrote:
bam morris wrote:
how come pats are never fucked over on controversial shit? tuck rule? always benefit from bullshit calls..its shady as fuck..


It's funny because this isn't even the most outrageous call they've benefited from this year. That overturned TD vs the Jets was really something else.


It doesn’t happen often, but the Patriots occasionally do get screwed over by a controversial call.

One I can remember was a 2013 game v the Panthers, where a late Panthers interception in the EZ that sealed the game was upheld after the refs initially threw a flag for DPI and then picked it up...and it was DPI.

Listen, I believe the NFL uses its officiating power to keep games close, but the best teams get the calls. And the Patriots are one of the best teams.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can we stop comparing Dez and James catches
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9247
TB wrote:
If anything, Dez has a better argument for his play being a catch more so than James does.


Maybe.

But you have to admit...it's utterly absurd that a guy can catch a ball, be on his knees with possession, twist his body and reach out across the goal line with possession, and then after crossing the line with possession have the TD taken away. I just cannot understand that.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fortythree, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group