It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Bouchette rips coaching staff & Ben for not planning...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 pm 

...during the TD review.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1712180138

Guy has to read this site. Almost everything in this article is stuff we're discussing here. :D

Here's the stuff on the lack of planning:

Quote:
The confusion by the Steelers and their coaching staff after the James touchdown was overturned was baffling.

There were 28 seconds left on the game clock as the play was being reviewed. If it stands, Steelers most likely win the game. But shouldn’t they have taken the time to prepare what they would do next if it was reversed? Even though out of timeouts, the review gave them plenty of time to discuss the next play or even the next two plays if the first did not score.

They apparently did not. Even Bill Cowher mentioned it Monday on an appearance on 93.7 The Fan Morning Show. According to host Colin Dunlap, Cowher questioned why Roethlisberger and Todd Haley weren’t meeting together to plan what to do if the call was overturned.

Cower was rippin' 'em! Good...and I liked this gem too:

Quote:
Mike Tomlin looked ahead publicly to the New England game three weeks ago, yet the coaching staff did not use the extended time during the touchdown review to look one or even two plays ahead in that very game.

Here's an interesting tidbit on the Cooks' TD that we've been talking about as one of the three TD rulings that have helped the Pats this year...causing me to have an even dimmer view of the cabal that runs the NFL than I did before:

Quote:
An NFL source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Cooks’ catch remained a touchdown because there was no good video angle that showed him losing control of the ball when he hit the ground.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Anyhow- enjoy.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post subject: Re: Bouchette rips coaching staff & Ben for not planning...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 pm 

Brian 2he says hello to your acceptance of the nfl cabal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 am 

Question for the douch et al: plan, call all you want---we had MB, JJ, JuJu and Eli---combined less than 6 years nfl experience and not the brightest of bulbs. What do you expect in that kind of situation with that kind of personnel? My answer, about what you got and what you got in 2010 sb. It's not a video game.
Furthermore, I'm surprised Ben did as well as he did without AB as reassurance and security blanket, knowing that he has the go to. From this perspective the game was a great building experience that will show dividends down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 am 

Ben has always made that really ill-advised, risky throw at least once or twice a game for just about his whole career. But, man, such a facepalm watching him staring down Rogers, holding the ball, staring, and then forcing it into a non-existent window.

Even for a guy who has a history of dumb decisions like that, this one is notably egregious. That's a scrub rookie decision, something you'd expect from Deshone Kizer.

And of fucking course that ball gets gently popped up into the air for an easy interception. A batted or tipped ball gets picked about once a year - Ben's had 4-5 this season.

In the early days of Madden, we used to blame a sequence of 3 plays like that on the "cheat" chip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:53 am 

Man, the more I think about being apparently unprepared for the overturn the madder I get....because I think Ben and the coaches come up with two good plays likely to get a TD, if they spend the minute or two during review to strategize.

Plus, if they overturn that, then my first call is a pick-play - dare the refs to throw the flag and screw us again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 am 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Question for the douch et al: plan, call all you want---we had MB, JJ, JuJu and Eli---combined less than 6 years nfl experience and not the brightest of bulbs. What do you expect in that kind of situation with that kind of personnel? My answer, about what you got and what you got in 2010 sb. It's not a video game.
Furthermore, I'm surprised Ben did as well as he did without AB as reassurance and security blanket, knowing that he has the go to. From this perspective the game was a great building experience that will show dividends down the road.

You’ve just made an even bigger case to plan out what you’re going to do next.

And MB didn’t even get on the field. Biggest spot of the year to date, down by the goal line...and you leave your tallest WR on the bench?

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:26 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Rod & Wire Mill wrote:

You’ve just made an even bigger case to plan out what you’re going to do next.

And MB didn’t even get on the field. Biggest spot of the year to date, down by the goal line...and you leave your tallest WR on the bench?

...and this is why, following a week of believing the hell out of this team, I'm retreating more to my oft-repeated refrain of Tomlin v. Belichick:
*Up 8, and running on first & 20, following up with running on 2nd & 23 with a practice squad back.
*Not realizing that your chances are better in picking up a first down on 4th & 1 (on a day that the O was converting about 2/3 of its 3rd downs), then containing the Patriots offense with two minutes to go.
*And finally...the Chinese fuckin' fire drill at the end....running only your arguably least threatening receiving option in the person of Eli Rogers, while keeping your tallest, most credible receiver, who had finally stepped up this game, on the bench.

And we're know supposed to believe that Tomlin will beat Belichick in Foxboro?? Again....when/if time comes, I'll be Charlie Brown again with That Little Bitch Lucy holding the ball....and will be believing again.

Gotta say though....watching the tape one more time...Fake Spike worked in part, as Pats d-line did not rush on the play.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 am 

Tomlin comments to Dungy had the perspective that they were ready for the challenge. No Mike, the players were ready but you were not; you lost your team the game. Total failure of leadership. Great coaches, great leaders LEAD when the bullets are flying. You failed.

Mike has learned how to handle situations after he has learned how to handle them the hard way, like clock management. After he lost a couple of games by failing at clock management he figured out how to handle it or how to get someone to help him . The situation on Sunday never existed before and he had no idea what to do, he's still learning on the job. Thank God Ike didnt have Generals who were still learning on the job. Only a truly great leader would know how to perform when dealing for the first time with a make or break. Tomlin knows he failed, that was part of his inner rage during presser. Believe it or not Lombardi failed in 1960 championship, he blew an unnecessary time out in the second half and he couldn't call timeout on the final play when Chuck Bednarik sat on Starr for 15 seconds allowing the final game clock to expire with the Packers only a few yards from the winning touchdown in the 1960 NFL Championship. Noll had two early coaching failures that lost critical games. The good news is Tomlin will never make that mistake again of not being prepared under conditions that he'd never seen before or similar conditions as Sunday, the mistake occurred in a non playoff game and he is slowly climbing the ladder of being a thorough coach. I also think he's honest enough to understand what happened and to make internal adjustments.

I think the rift between Haley and Roethlisberger might explain why Ben wasn't diplomatic and threw that incompetent under the bus; however we don't know if that asinine decision to deviate from a winning strategy came from Haley or Tomlin. With the game, home field and top seed on the line, a rare turnover converted to points in their pocket and a lead on their back they took away the elements that put them in that commanding situation. No Ben attacking the Patriot defense, no Martavis who is finally showing up and is athletically superior to any Pat DB. They did exactly what Bellicheat and the Patriots defense wanted them to do. As fans that stupidity is enraging. Inside JuJu was a dynamic play waiting to explode and if those fucking morons had done the right thing we would have likely seen that dynamic play earlier that would have gotten us some of the first downs we needed to burn the clock and win the game.

Our run to the Super Bowl has just been derailed by self destruction. Recovery and restoration has to be accomplished in Houston. The wild card is the league and the cabal. The cabal was caught cheating and there's heat on them from high places. Let's hope there are some damaging leaks and stories. The general media is now propaganda but there are still plenty of media folks who are honest and decent and hate cheaters like most Americans do. On a neutral field, straight up football with a full roster we're better than NE.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:00 am 

More reasons why replay is bullshit! Now after you score, you need to begin preparing for your TD to be overturned? That's just as bad as running to the line of scrimmage to snap the ball before the red flag comes out! Another bullshit feature of replay that's always annoyed me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 am 

It all goes back to our coaches challenges with in-game management. We win lots of games, we make the playoffs, but there always seem to be a few bone-headed lapses between this team and greatness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next