It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1637
I thought this was pretty funny and it made me feel slightly more normal.

Watch the video...this guy is a really real Pittsburgh or there abouts dad NSFW:

https://twitter.com/camrynsobczak_/status/942553735900925957

If this guy is a 5 on the 10 point calm to rage scale, how would you rate yourself?

I would put myself smack dab at a 5. I don’t throw food but I have smashed a remote or two and demolished one IKEA crap coffee table.

Don’t think this is staged, but in this day and age, who knows.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2443
Dude is an asshole. He needs to seek help.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1945
I know some people who aren't far off that guy. Watching games with those types of people is the most annoying thing in the world, to me.

You're an adult, control you're emotions. It's not hard.

And in this day in social media and the internet, it's become pretty common for people to show extreme overreaction just for the sake of showing off to everyone else, like some insane contest to see who can be the most extreme.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1268
After the 95 Super Bowl loss I threw a beer keg through a wall

It took out the plumbing in my kitchen

I was an 8.5

I would say I am now a 3.0

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7093
It’s a fucking game...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1637
I didn't realize the board was filled with all teetotalers and the Downton Abbey crowd.

It is just a game?

When you watch it by yourself or you are with the friends in which you can let your freak flag fly, I suspect quite a few on this board would rival this fellow.

Racial slurs at the opposite race, calls for snapped tendons and broken spines....mother insults....People that perpetrate these types of outbursts are on this board hiding in silence.

I suspect he was probably surrounded by a few passive watchers and the distractions were hitting his periphery and penetrating his shield, causing tourettes type explosions. And then the camera....he knew he was acting like an idiot, but couldn't help himself, because he loves his Steelers.

I for one let out a barrage of racially charged slurs at Gronk, and may have called for a certain terrorist organization to take down their plane at one point or another. I don't really mean any of it, but something about watching sometimes connects the wire to the tourettes switchboard.

Let's probe deeper on this thread :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16824
I don't throw stuff, and I run around more, but that's pretty close to me while watching any Patriots' game.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3419
Location: Upstate NY
FC wrote:
After the 95 Super Bowl loss I threw a beer keg through a wall

It took out the plumbing in my kitchen

I was an 8.5

I would say I am now a 3.0



:lol: :lol: :lol: 8.5 on the earthquake scale? Rage meter? LOL. I'm with you after that game I just sat in the bathroom for about an hour trying to cool off. My uncle in the other room came so close to getting punched in the mouth, he doesn't even know. Talking shit from the other room, I've never wanted to punch someone so bad in all my life.

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I didn't realize the board was filled with all teetotalers and the Downton Abbey crowd.

It is just a game?

When you watch it by yourself or you are with the friends in which you can let your freak flag fly, I suspect quite a few on this board would rival this fellow.

Racial slurs at the opposite race, calls for snapped tendons and broken spines....mother insults....People that perpetrate these types of outbursts are on this board hiding in silence.

I suspect he was probably surrounded by a few passive watchers and the distractions were hitting his periphery and penetrating his shield, causing tourettes type explosions. And then the camera....he knew he was acting like an idiot, but couldn't help himself, because he loves his Steelers.

I for one let out a barrage of racially charged slurs at Gronk, and may have called for a certain terrorist organization to take down their plane at one point or another. I don't really mean any of it, but something about watching sometimes connects the wire to the tourettes switchboard.

Let's probe deeper on this thread :lol:



Great post and so close to thoughts I had running through my head, and I did say outloud, I guess I can wish for their plane to go down in flames.

I have enough hate in me to spread around if anyone is short on any.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2443
Yelling and swearing and being animated is one thing.

Throwing shit like a baby is another. If anyone gets that angry I would tell them to seek professional help. Either for alcohol abuse or rage issues. Or both.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4536
I used to punch holes in my wall as a teenager and throw shit during these games. Used to be pissed off for DAYS

Now that I know this is "just a business" and old age has mellowed me, I just shrug it off and bitch here :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
This past Sunday, I think was the most disappointed and depressed I've ever been for any football game result in my life, and I'm 58. I remember the 1st time I actually watched the Super Bowl and I was 9, and I wanted the Colts to beat the Jets, I think I cried about that. and I was really mad when the Steelers lost to the Chargers in the 1994 AFCCG too. But this game was just SHOCK. I didn't even care what happened after the overturned TD. I wasn't at all upset that Ben threw that pick and we didn't see OT, I was barely paying attention, because I was kind of in a comatose stupor, just stunned, because I couldn't get over that they had overturned a TD to beat the Patriots for the #1 seed with 20 seconds left. It was the ultimate "DON'T let the players decide it"! Can't believe I watched football from the '60s until now, and THIS is the most depressing, disappointing game I've ever witnessed. I didn't yell or curse or break anything, I was just staring at the floor, kind of sick. And I couldn't sleep, I layed in bed awake until like 4 am, I was just stunned about it, yeah, it's just a game, but I never saw anything like that! A win of that magnitude just snatched away purely on some officiating nitpicking! And I don't care if it's correct by the rule, the NHL doesn't call legit penalties in the playoffs over the idea of letting the players decide, and here, the biggest game of the year, the biggest Steelers game maybe in many years, is decided like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1598
Nick79 wrote:
This past Sunday, I think was the most disappointed and depressed I've ever been for any football game result in my life, and I'm 58. I remember the 1st time I actually watched the Super Bowl and I was 9, and I wanted the Colts to beat the Jets, I think I cried about that. and I was really mad when the Steelers lost to the Chargers in the 1994 AFCCG too. But this game was just SHOCK. I didn't even care what happened after the overturned TD. I wasn't at all upset that Ben threw that pick and we didn't see OT, I was barely paying attention, because I was kind of in a comatose stupor, just stunned, because I couldn't get over that they had overturned a TD to beat the Patriots for the #1 seed with 20 seconds left. It was the ultimate "DON'T let the players decide it"! Can't believe I watched football from the '60s until now, and THIS is the most depressing, disappointing game I've ever witnessed. I didn't yell or curse or break anything, I was just staring at the floor, kind of sick. And I couldn't sleep, I layed in bed awake until like 4 am, I was just stunned about it, yeah, it's just a game, but I never saw anything like that! A win of that magnitude just snatched away purely on some officiating nitpicking! And I don't care if it's correct by the rule, the NHL doesn't call legit penalties in the playoffs over the idea of letting the players decide, and here, the biggest game of the year, the biggest Steelers game maybe in many years, is decided like that?

Nick, seriously not trying to be a smartass, but welcome back from "just wanting to be entertained" while watching football.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
I think the guy on the vid was playing for the camera as much as anything else. I think is the most legit flip-out vid I've ever seen....Brett Favre pic in NFC Championship '09, Vikes v. Saints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0

I've actually only thrown shit twice in my life.....
*Once was taking off my shirt, throwing it at the TV on the Sid Fuckin' Bream play.
*Other was throwing my glasses at the TV on the Socrates Mendenhall fumble.

I've had a couple of other classic flip-outs with no physicality involved....
*Dennis Fuckin' Gibson...'94 AFCCG vs. Chargers
*Holding call in end zone in SB XLIII

Lately, my flip-outs have been almost exclusively positively-based.....screaming during good shit, as I did on Sunday when I THOUGHT we had finally beaten the Patriots. Once we hadn't.....I honestly did nothing in response.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
DP39 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
This past Sunday, I think was the most disappointed and depressed I've ever been for any football game result in my life, and I'm 58. I remember the 1st time I actually watched the Super Bowl and I was 9, and I wanted the Colts to beat the Jets, I think I cried about that. and I was really mad when the Steelers lost to the Chargers in the 1994 AFCCG too. But this game was just SHOCK. I didn't even care what happened after the overturned TD. I wasn't at all upset that Ben threw that pick and we didn't see OT, I was barely paying attention, because I was kind of in a comatose stupor, just stunned, because I couldn't get over that they had overturned a TD to beat the Patriots for the #1 seed with 20 seconds left. It was the ultimate "DON'T let the players decide it"! Can't believe I watched football from the '60s until now, and THIS is the most depressing, disappointing game I've ever witnessed. I didn't yell or curse or break anything, I was just staring at the floor, kind of sick. And I couldn't sleep, I layed in bed awake until like 4 am, I was just stunned about it, yeah, it's just a game, but I never saw anything like that! A win of that magnitude just snatched away purely on some officiating nitpicking! And I don't care if it's correct by the rule, the NHL doesn't call legit penalties in the playoffs over the idea of letting the players decide, and here, the biggest game of the year, the biggest Steelers game maybe in many years, is decided like that?

Nick, seriously not trying to be a smartass, but welcome back from "just wanting to be entertained" while watching football.


If the Steelers would of just lost in a typical manner, because they couldn't score on that drive, I would have walked away, "entertained", I would of said, they played pretty well and fought back and almost pulled it out. But the way it happened, with the best team in the league, THE ZEBRAS... inserting themselves and going out of their way to win it for the Patriots, it was like having your heart ripped out, you can say it was according to the rule, but if they had wanted to, it wasn't clear cut 100%, they could of spun the answer in the Steelers favor, it was inconclusive, had they given the Steelers the TD, there would be less controversy IMO than there was by overturning it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I didn't realize the board was filled with all teetotalers and the Downton Abbey crowd.

It is just a game?

When you watch it by yourself or you are with the friends in which you can let your freak flag fly, I suspect quite a few on this board would rival this fellow.

Racial slurs at the opposite race, calls for snapped tendons and broken spines....mother insults....People that perpetrate these types of outbursts are on this board hiding in silence.


Let's probe deeper on this thread :lol:


Admittedly, I have been that guy...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1637
I heard someone say they listened to Sal Pal, and he happened to be positioned next to the ref while he was under the hood reviewing the play. Sal didn’t want to divulge his lip reading, and put it that the ref was very animated. I suspect the Tony C. was overruled by NY HQ, and was forced to “insert” his crew into the outcome of the game, which would then explain why there was a no call in the end zone, because if it would have been up to Tony, they would not have been seen nor heard from in the final minutes but for the announcement that the play that wasn’t upheld, was upheld.

I was not upset at all with the int as I was too deflated and discombobulated at that point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I heard someone say they listened to Sal Pal, and he happened to be positioned next to the ref while he was under the hood reviewing the play. Sal didn’t want to divulge his lip reading, and put it that the ref was very animated. I suspect the Tony C. was overruled by NY HQ, and was forced to “insert” his crew into the outcome of the game, which would then explain why there was a no call in the end zone, because if it would have been up to Tony, they would not have been seen nor heard from in the final minutes but for the announcement that the play that wasn’t upheld, was upheld.

I was not upset at all with the int as I was too deflated and discombobulated at that point.


I heard Sal Pal. He DID say that the discussion between Corrente & NYC was very animated. He did NOT comment on the position that Corrente was taking.

Personally, and this is where I THINK i get irrational, the response from NYC was like this...."Hey Tony, the Pompous Fuck Robert Kraft will be up our ass far more than The Fuckin' Douchebag Art II if we rule against him.....so call it for the Patriots."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23689
swissvale72 wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I heard someone say they listened to Sal Pal, and he happened to be positioned next to the ref while he was under the hood reviewing the play. Sal didn’t want to divulge his lip reading, and put it that the ref was very animated. I suspect the Tony C. was overruled by NY HQ, and was forced to “insert” his crew into the outcome of the game, which would then explain why there was a no call in the end zone, because if it would have been up to Tony, they would not have been seen nor heard from in the final minutes but for the announcement that the play that wasn’t upheld, was upheld.

I was not upset at all with the int as I was too deflated and discombobulated at that point.


I heard Sal Pal. He DID say that the discussion between Corrente & NYC was very animated. He did NOT comment on the position that Corrente was taking.

Personally, and this is where I THINK i get irrational, the response from NYC was like this...."Hey Tony, the Pompous Fuck Robert Kraft will be up our ass far more than The Fuckin' Douchebag Art II if we rule against him.....so call it for the Patriots."


Wouldn't that be similar to what John Madden thinks Fred Swearingen was on the phone for back in 1972?

"Do you have enough security to safely escort me and my crew out of Three Rivers? No"?

"TOUCHDOWN STEELERS!"

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
I think the biggest flip out is me standing up with my hands on my head yelling "what the fuck?!?!"

But that's in my home with no recording devices around.

I've never thrown stuff, or been pissed for more than a few hours.

With the exception of last sunday. And I was on a fucking airplane.

At least I had movies, close quarters, and a long flight and time ahead to distract me.

The Shazier injury fucked me up more than any game - ever. Even my partner said it made me sad for days afterward.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3419
Location: Upstate NY
I told a tech today at work I would knock him out if we weren't at work so at this time do not talk to me about the game. He was trying to bust my balls thinking he was funny. I didn't laugh nor him having NE's defense in his fantasy league registered on my give a fuck meter. I'll likely never get over this game. I'll try to get past it and hopefully by Sunday I will be (usually it's Wednesday/Thursday after a loss). This one stings. I'm at the end of my fucking rope taking losses to those mother fuckers from NE.

Now, reading the last posts about Corrente being animated and interpreting this as the NFL secret fucking headquarters control room forced this call make me hate this fuckin league even more and just reiterates the bullshit entertainment aspect of fixed games.

I'm still one miserable bastard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
As I stated in Swiss' believe thread, since I stopped boozing like a panhandler, I've come to expect Tomlin to fuck away every single game he ever plays against the cheats. This makes it hard to stay mad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I heard someone say they listened to Sal Pal, and he happened to be positioned next to the ref while he was under the hood reviewing the play. Sal didn’t want to divulge his lip reading, and put it that the ref was very animated. I suspect the Tony C. was overruled by NY HQ, and was forced to “insert” his crew into the outcome of the game, which would then explain why there was a no call in the end zone, because if it would have been up to Tony, they would not have been seen nor heard from in the final minutes but for the announcement that the play that wasn’t upheld, was upheld.

I was not upset at all with the int as I was too deflated and discombobulated at that point.


I heard Sal Pal. He DID say that the discussion between Corrente & NYC was very animated. He did NOT comment on the position that Corrente was taking.

Personally, and this is where I THINK i get irrational, the response from NYC was like this...."Hey Tony, the Pompous Fuck Robert Kraft will be up our ass far more than The Fuckin' Douchebag Art II if we rule against him.....so call it for the Patriots."


Wouldn't that be similar to what John Madden thinks Fred Swearingen was on the phone for back in 1972?

"Do you have enough security to safely escort me and my crew out of Three Rivers? No"?

"TOUCHDOWN STEELERS!"


I still think, had it been Ed Hoculi, could have come out, said...."Receiver made the catch, extended over the goal line, in the process of going to the ground, the ball moved. However, there is no indisputable evidence that the receiver lost control of the football at any point. Therefore, the ruling on the field stands. Touchdown." I have dreams that that happened.

This isn't getting better as the week goes on; it's getting worse. And I'm getting more and more pissed at the Steelers brain trust.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4298
A few years back I would have been crazy mad over this. Especially before SB 40 as we were so close so many times the need to get over the hump and “win one for the thumb” was so important.

The deterioration in the quality of play, officiating, and inconsistent handling of punishment has caused me to lose some interest in the NFL. I expect stupid shit (especially calls) to occur and when it does I’m not the least bit surprised. Just like whatever, par for the course.

So I don’t get anywhere close to being as upset as I once would have been. And that can be a good thing.

Problem is, if you don’t care as much about the losses then you end up not as excited about the wins. The passion has been neutered.

I’m actually more discouraged that we have a HC, OC, and QB that continue to make rookie mistakes as long tenured professionals. The bad calls I fully expect at this point.

The boneheaded shit our current triumvirate do time and again is much harder to overcome and causes much more pessimism about this team than the horrible state of officiating does.

If Mikey, Todd, and Ben were all on point it would have been beyond the leagues control to fuck us.


Last edited by 955876 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23689
955876 wrote:
A few years back I would have been crazy mad over this. Especially before SB 40 as we were so close so many times the need to get over the hump and “win one for the thumb” was so important.

The deterioration in the quality of play, officiating, and inconsistent handling of punishment has caused me to lose some interest in the NFL. I expect stupid shit (especially calls) to occur and when it does I’m not the least bit surprised. Just like whatever, par for the course.

So I don’t get anywhere close to being as upset as I once would have been. And that can be a good thing.

Problem is, if you don’t care as much about the losses then you can’t pay daily getvas excited about the wins. The passion has been neutered.

I’m actually more discouraged that we have a HC, OC, and QB that continue to make rookie mistakes as long tenured professionals. The bad calls I fully expect at this point.

The boneheaded shit our current triumvirate do time and again is much harder to overcome and causes much more pessimism about this team than the horrible state of officiating does.

If Mikey, Todd, and Ben were all on point it would have been beyond the leagues control to fuck us.


The problem is...there are too many Steeler fans who believe this game was stolen from us by the refs, so Tomlin, et al, have cover for their mistakes.

Hell...Tomlin essentially blamed the refs for his team being unprepared on second and third down. “They gave us too much to think about!”

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4298
Quote:
The problem is...there are too many Steeler fans who believe this game was stolen from us by the refs, so Tomlin, et al, have cover for their mistakes.


Bigger problem is Tomlin believes this as well. It’s never him

Familiar theme in this day and age. Always someone else fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bradshaw2ben, cop1211, Kodiak, Poltargyst, SteelThrillsseeker and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group