It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 am 

I thought this was pretty funny and it made me feel slightly more normal.

Watch the video...this guy is a really real Pittsburgh or there abouts dad NSFW:

https://twitter.com/camrynsobczak_/status/942553735900925957

If this guy is a 5 on the 10 point calm to rage scale, how would you rate yourself?

I would put myself smack dab at a 5. I don’t throw food but I have smashed a remote or two and demolished one IKEA crap coffee table.

Don’t think this is staged, but in this day and age, who knows.

Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 am 

Dude is an asshole. He needs to seek help.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:10 am 

I know some people who aren't far off that guy. Watching games with those types of people is the most annoying thing in the world, to me.

You're an adult, control you're emotions. It's not hard.

And in this day in social media and the internet, it's become pretty common for people to show extreme overreaction just for the sake of showing off to everyone else, like some insane contest to see who can be the most extreme.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 am 

After the 95 Super Bowl loss I threw a beer keg through a wall

It took out the plumbing in my kitchen

I was an 8.5

I would say I am now a 3.0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am 

It’s a fucking game...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 pm 

I didn't realize the board was filled with all teetotalers and the Downton Abbey crowd.

It is just a game?

When you watch it by yourself or you are with the friends in which you can let your freak flag fly, I suspect quite a few on this board would rival this fellow.

Racial slurs at the opposite race, calls for snapped tendons and broken spines....mother insults....People that perpetrate these types of outbursts are on this board hiding in silence.

I suspect he was probably surrounded by a few passive watchers and the distractions were hitting his periphery and penetrating his shield, causing tourettes type explosions. And then the camera....he knew he was acting like an idiot, but couldn't help himself, because he loves his Steelers.

I for one let out a barrage of racially charged slurs at Gronk, and may have called for a certain terrorist organization to take down their plane at one point or another. I don't really mean any of it, but something about watching sometimes connects the wire to the tourettes switchboard.

Let's probe deeper on this thread :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm 

I don't throw stuff, and I run around more, but that's pretty close to me while watching any Patriots' game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 pm 

FC wrote:
After the 95 Super Bowl loss I threw a beer keg through a wall

It took out the plumbing in my kitchen

I was an 8.5

I would say I am now a 3.0

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8.5 on the earthquake scale? Rage meter? LOL. I'm with you after that game I just sat in the bathroom for about an hour trying to cool off. My uncle in the other room came so close to getting punched in the mouth, he doesn't even know. Talking shit from the other room, I've never wanted to punch someone so bad in all my life.

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I didn't realize the board was filled with all teetotalers and the Downton Abbey crowd.

It is just a game?

When you watch it by yourself or you are with the friends in which you can let your freak flag fly, I suspect quite a few on this board would rival this fellow.

Racial slurs at the opposite race, calls for snapped tendons and broken spines....mother insults....People that perpetrate these types of outbursts are on this board hiding in silence.

I suspect he was probably surrounded by a few passive watchers and the distractions were hitting his periphery and penetrating his shield, causing tourettes type explosions. And then the camera....he knew he was acting like an idiot, but couldn't help himself, because he loves his Steelers.

I for one let out a barrage of racially charged slurs at Gronk, and may have called for a certain terrorist organization to take down their plane at one point or another. I don't really mean any of it, but something about watching sometimes connects the wire to the tourettes switchboard.

Let's probe deeper on this thread :lol:

Great post and so close to thoughts I had running through my head, and I did say outloud, I guess I can wish for their plane to go down in flames.

I have enough hate in me to spread around if anyone is short on any.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 pm 

Yelling and swearing and being animated is one thing.

Throwing shit like a baby is another. If anyone gets that angry I would tell them to seek professional help. Either for alcohol abuse or rage issues. Or both.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm 

I used to punch holes in my wall as a teenager and throw shit during these games. Used to be pissed off for DAYS

Now that I know this is "just a business" and old age has mellowed me, I just shrug it off and bitch here :lol: