It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Really Real Steeler Dad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:00 pm 

86n96 wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:
The problem is...there are too many Steeler fans who believe this game was stolen from us by the refs, so Tomlin, et al, have cover for their mistakes.

Bigger problem is Tomlin believes this as well. It’s never him

Familiar theme in this day and age. Always someone else fault.

Where do you get this shit? He puts the blame squarely on his own shoulders in every press conference. Project much?

I get it directly from Tomlin’s words & actions. So we can agree to disagree that he “puts the blame squarely on his shoulders in every press conference”.

Mmmmkay. Sure he does.

Maybe you see it this way because you buy into his words & actions a bit too much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:20 am 

Jeemie wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
I've broken a few remote controls in years past. Mostly have bruised my hand pounding on an end table or something hard. Only punched a whole in my bedroom door once. I started to tone way down after the Bettis fumble. I called him so many names and felt bad after they won. I guess that woke up and made me realize I was taking it way too seriously. I keg through the wall fucking up your plumbing definitely makes me a little less embarrassed about my fits of rage though. Then you had to get pissed off all over again when you paid the bill. Damn!

I actually started toning down 25 years ago now.

What did it for me was the 1992 NLCS.

When Sid Bream slide across home plate, I had expended so much energy on the game that I laid on my living room floor in the dark for an hour after the game with the damn TV blaring out the Braves' celebration. I couldn't move. I had expended so much energy AND I knew that with Bonds leaving the following season, this had been our last shot at a World Series for a while (didn't think it would take 20 fucking years to get back, though).

I said "no sports event is worth this" so while I may yell and type shit on a message board now, I don't break equipment...I don't sulk and stew for hours, or anything like that.

Now- I'll talk about mistakes the team made, etc and stuff like that for days, but the main anger goes away pretty much instantaneously.

After this one, I turned the TV off, gathered up all my Steelers' gear and put it away, silently. My wife stayed angry longer than I did.

Awesome story! These posts bring back so many memories. I was a Pirate fan until the Dbacks came here (Football was always my #1 sport and the Cardinals have never felt like Arizona's team to me. Maybe if they changed the name...). When they drafted Bonds I was super psyched as I saw Bonds play for ASU. I went to see him play when Hawaii played the Firebirds here (triple A). He hit a bomb over the center field wall. Went to San Diego and saw him hit an opposite field shot early in his career so I got to see homers in college, the minors and as a pro. Anyway when he made that weak throw to the plate and couldn't get Sid freaking Bream I lost it too. Then there was Stan hangling slider Belinda. Oh the Pirate let downs of the past! If that Ford Ranger I had then is still on the road, there are some knuckle marks on the roof of the cab from one of those playoff losses.

On a related note, I met a guy in a bar that used to be a minor leager with the Pirates years ago (can't remember his name) that said Belinda was a coke head and wasn't surprised he folded in the playoffs. 100% rumor and could be a total lie as this guy seemed bitter for never getting a shot in the majors but there it is.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 am 

That's me....to the 'T'! :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 pm 

RemoAZ wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
I've broken a few remote controls in years past. Mostly have bruised my hand pounding on an end table or something hard. Only punched a whole in my bedroom door once. I started to tone way down after the Bettis fumble. I called him so many names and felt bad after they won. I guess that woke up and made me realize I was taking it way too seriously. I keg through the wall fucking up your plumbing definitely makes me a little less embarrassed about my fits of rage though. Then you had to get pissed off all over again when you paid the bill. Damn!

When Sid Bream slide across home plate, I had expended so much energy on the game that I laid on my living room floor in the dark for an hour after the game with the damn TV blaring out the Braves' celebration. I couldn't move. I had expended so much energy AND I knew that with Bonds leaving the following season, this had been our last shot at a World Series for a while (didn't think it would take 20 fucking years to get back, though).

I said "no sports event is worth this" so while I may yell and type shit on a message board now, I don't break equipment...I don't sulk and stew for hours, or anything like that.

Now- I'll talk about mistakes the team made, etc and stuff like that for days, but the main anger goes away pretty much instantaneously.

After this one, I turned the TV off, gathered up all my Steelers' gear and put it away, silently. My wife stayed angry longer than I did.

Awesome story! These posts bring back so many memories. I was a Pirate fan until the Dbacks came here (Football was always my #1 sport and the Cardinals have never felt like Arizona's team to me. Maybe if they changed the name...). When they drafted Bonds I was super psyched as I saw Bonds play for ASU. I went to see him play when Hawaii played the Firebirds here (triple A). He hit a bomb over the center field wall. Went to San Diego and saw him hit an opposite field shot early in his career so I got to see homers in college, the minors and as a pro. Anyway when he made that weak throw to the plate and couldn't get Sid freaking Bream I lost it too. Then there was Stan hangling slider Belinda. Oh the Pirate let downs of the past! If that Ford Ranger I had then is still on the road, there are some knuckle marks on the roof of the cab from one of those playoff losses.

On a related note, I met a guy in a bar that used to be a minor leager with the Pirates years ago (can't remember his name) that said Belinda was a coke head and wasn't surprised he folded in the playoffs. 100% rumor and could be a total lie as this guy seemed bitter for never getting a shot in the majors but there it is.

I still believe we leave drabek in a bit longer we win vs braves...I remember watching that game and those in Atlanta with no sound..couldn't stand that chanting..lind fucked us and I screaming don't take drabik out! sickening loss..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:23 pm 

RemoAZ wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

Stan didn't seem like the type. A country boy from rural Central PA. Anyway, he has a nephew that just got drafted out of a PSAC school a year ago. Another Belinda. Pitcher too.