It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Roll or fold
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:29 pm 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
I hope the Steelers aren't acting like mostly everyone here. Million times worse if that was a playoff game, but it wasnt. The Steelers are either going to come out and blow out the Texans and the Browns or they will strugle, losing 1 of 2 and being ousted from the playoffs real quick. I think this team has amnesia and rolls.
Games over, let's move on.

I'll have amnesia as well, and cheer on the next game, but man to act like that wasn't a HUMONGOUS loss would be disenguous and flat out lie. Even the head coach highlighted this game weeks ago, the so called elephant in the room if you will.

ya I hope the steelers are busy preparing for their next game as well, rather than being a fan and bitching on a fan forum about getting fucked over in their last game like fans do. :roll:

Last edited by GreekSteel on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:43 am 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
I hope the Steelers aren't acting like mostly everyone here. Million times worse if that was a playoff game, but it wasnt. The Steelers are either going to come out and blow out the Texans and the Browns or they will strugle, losing 1 of 2 and being ousted from the playoffs real quick. I think this team has amnesia and rolls.

Doesn't matter if they struggle, as long as they win, they always seem to struggle. Every game was a nail biter except Minnesota, Baltimore 1, Jax and Tennessee.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 pm 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

If the Steelers meet the Patriots again in the playoffs I will be the most confident I've ever been in their chances. They're finally doing the right things against the Pats. The game was won even with the turtling! They learned from the previous defensive mistakes and I think they'll learn from the offensive mistakes.

I for one am riding hard with this team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:50 pm 

R S wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

If the Steelers meet the Patriots again in the playoffs I will be the most confident I've ever been in their chances. They're finally doing the right things against the Pats. The game was won even with the turtling! They learned from the previous defensive mistakes and I think they'll learn from the offensive mistakes.

^^THIS^^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 pm 

rematch will be a lot more interesting, and possibly coaching is going to matter that much more.....because I don't see Ben and Brady playing like that again (even more impressive when you consider it was raining).

On the other hand, Ben threw 4 TD's but they only caught two of them. So maybe he's got a little more margin for error than Brady.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 pm 

R S wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

Amen.

Although my worry is that we get a little TOO focused on New England. AFC is kind of a cesspool right now below NE and Pit, but Jacksonville is still no joke. If we look past them in a second round matchup, they'll take it to us in a hurry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:03 pm 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

I'm with you on that! Looking forward to the Texans game. I'm looking forward to evidence of a team still engaged and still hungry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:07 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
rematch will be a lot more interesting, and possibly coaching is going to matter that much more.....because I don't see Ben and Brady playing like that again (even more impressive when you consider it was raining).

On the other hand, Ben threw 4 TD's but they only caught two of them. So maybe he's got a little more margin for error than Brady.

5 if you count Eli's DPI

• Eli #1
• AB drop on play he was hurt
• Bryant TD
• James TD
• Eli DPI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
These smug fucks deserve to taste failure more than any sports franchise on the planet.
I couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:37 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
R S wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

Amen.

Although my worry is that we get a little TOO focused on New England. AFC is kind of a cesspool right now below NE and Pit, but Jacksonville is still no joke. If we look past them in a second round matchup, they'll take it to us in a hurry.

Jax put an ass whooping on them in their own house. If they aren’t focused for that game, if it happens, then they never will be...
I’m thinking 7 seven should have a 50 pound chip on his shoulder for that one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:57 am 

DrMalba wrote:
I have never wanted a rematch more than now in Gillette. These smug fucks deserve to taste failure more than any sports franchise on the planet.

Dilly Dilly!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:04 am 

Stairway 2 Seven wrote:
Next time we see the Cheats we should have:
AB
Haden
Gilbert
Mcdonald

Maybe tomlin and haley will even learn from their stupid 4th quarter conservative play not to lose philosophy. Even they had to realize they fucked up.
With a healthy roster it may not matter. We'll be tomlin/haley proof and exact revenge on our way to the bowl.

All good points. The factor(s) in the next challenge will be on the defensive side of the ball. Can someone cover gronkowski? Can the secondary keep marsha holding the ball long enough for Heyward and crew to get there? Those are going to be the real determining factors in the next challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:28 pm 

Stairway 2 Seven wrote:
AB
Haden
Gilbert
Mcdonald

Maybe tomlin and haley will even learn from their stupid 4th quarter conservative play not to lose philosophy. Even they had to realize they fucked up.
With a healthy roster it may not matter. We'll be tomlin/haley proof and exact revenge on our way to the bowl.

I think they can beat the pats in the playoffs because of our players
But, do not hope for Tomlin and Haley to not be conservative with a lead. It's not new they have always done and won't change. The don't have the nerve to not do it and despite their bullshit talk they will not trust their O Players

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 am 

Stairway 2 Seven wrote:
AB
Haden
Gilbert
Mcdonald
I'll add Harrison

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:12 pm 

Stillchest wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

On paper, Steelers should comfortably, handle both the Texans and Browns.

This 2017 team doesn't do comfort very well. Unfortunately, the latter in which you mention is the most likely.

They are the type that does nothing easy. They are due for a Miley T. on the road, play down to the losing opposition, egg lay.

26-13 Texans.

This is where I'm at.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:43 pm 

It's been a long week. I've watched hundreds of Steelers games going back to the early seventies and that one was not easy. And it wasn't just an awful loss on any other Sunday. It was my birthday. And not just my birthday, but my 50th fucking birthday. It shouldn't have taken me so long to absorb the fact that it wasn't a playoff game. Of course, like most of you, I was disgusted by the call, irate at the offense/Haley turtling on 4th quarter drives prior to the last, and agonized over how poorly they managed the game after the presumed touchdown. But, upon reflection, if I know anything about this team, it's that a victory a week ago was not necessarily going to translate into playoff success, and the loss does not necessarily mean they can't go all the way. It's not as strong as the feeling I had that Cowher would finally win a Super Bowl, only from the wild card position, and not from being a top seed. But this group has that something extra, I think, and the loss could end up working as fuel for Mike Tomlin's greatest gift as a coach: motivation (obviously). In this week's game, on Christmas, we find that strength pitted against his greatest weakness: a shitty team on the road. I'm as curious as anyone to see how they'll look, cautiously optimistic that I'm right in believing they will not fall apart, and will be ready if they meet NE in the playoffs. Roll or fold, indeed. That is the question.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:21 pm 

I was one of the people saying before the Pats game that the one we have to win is in the PS if we meet them there.

That is still true. But that loss has bothered me more than I ever thought it could... for all the reasons we all know.

Anyway, that performance should give us confidence if we end up in Foxborough.