It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New take on the rule
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 am 

I don't really care about the "why"....

What I do know is to win 3 games on calls like these IN ONE SEASON is another inexplicably monstrous outlier....just another to add to the long list in the Belicheat era.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am 

Kodiak wrote:

What I do know is to win 3 games on calls like these IN ONE SEASON is another inexplicably monstrous outlier....just another to add to the long list in the Belicheat era.

Now that we have a set precedence of 3 game outcomes decided for NE with same Ref on these "gamed rules", it's hard not to add that to the list of back room Robert Kraft collusion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am 

The take from a Referee message board.
I just saw the replay one more time. He caught the ball and his knee hits down. That completes the catch as he had possession to the ground. Since he wasn't touched on the ground, he more or less becomes a runner. As a runner, the instant the ball crosses the plane of the goal line, it is a touchdown. The subsequent movement of the ball or even if he dropped it, which he didn't, the only possible call, as correctly called on the field is a TOUCHDOWN. Riveron can talk all he wants about completing the process of the catch. Very bad call even if the claim the rule is the rule.

This is the site.
http://refereestats.proboards.com/threa ... 017?page=2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:42 am 

That is the ultimate correct call per football rules !! This complete catch BS is what i called it, garnered wiggle room for manipulation.

We should have protested the game,. We got screwed out of 1st place and possible playoff seeding. END OF STORY

THE GAME IS FIXED!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
We should have protested the game,. We got screwed out of 1st place and possible playoff seeding. END OF STORY

THE GAME IS FIXED!!!

That's what is irritating. If the same guy can't apply the rule consistently, then ignore the hyper-minutia of an obvious bad rule.

Attempting to explain and justify your ruling just makes things that much worse. NOBODY understands the rule as written. "Professionals" paid to interpret and apply those rules clearly don't understand them as written. And the worst thing about it is, even after you explain it people STILL don't understand what the hell.....So why are we overruling these calls on the field?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:10 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

THE GAME IS FIXED!!!

That's what is irritating. If the same guy can't apply the rule consistently, then ignore the hyper-minutia of an obvious bad rule.

Attempting to explain and justify your ruling just makes things that much worse. NOBODY understands the rule as written. "Professionals" paid to interpret and apply those rules clearly don't understand them as written. And the worst thing about it is, even after you explain it people STILL don't understand what the hell.....So why are we overruling these calls on the field?

I think people need to get out of their comforts of not believing this. You get it, lots of others have come around to understanding it's not a conspiracy theory.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 pm 

To me the thing that needs to be pointed out is the exact verbiage in the rule. If it does state when he initially hits the ground (as his knee) ..... then it's further evidence of manipulation. I call bullshit. The same ref three times now......on that note did he call all three the exact same way?

I'm unaware, but again, I'm sure there is bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:48 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
The same ref three times now......on that note did he call all three the exact same way?

If you mean calling all 3 in NE's favor, then yes he called them all the same way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm 

I'm coming around to the belief that the non-hold/DPI call on the last play was more egregious than the James overrule. If Rowe doesn't grab Rogers' jersey, he gets nowhere near the leverage to make the play.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:00 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Now that we have a set precedence of 3 game outcomes decided for NE with same Ref on these "gamed rules", it's hard not to add that to the list of back room Robert Kraft collusion

I do not believe Corrente worked the Houston/Pats game.

In fact, now I know it wasn't him- looked it up on Pro Football Reference...it was John Parry.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next