It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chalk Talk...the last 1:55...key plays
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm 

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/C ... 7154ab7ab5

Great video.

1) Gronk's big reception before the TD. Either Mike Mitchell fucked up or Keith Butler is an idiot, plain and simple. Four receiver set...two on one side...two on the other (Gronk in the slot)...Cover 1...and Mitchell cheats to the two receivers that DON'T include Gronk? WTF!!!!!!!!

2) JuJu's long catch- excellent play design...James clears out...Bryant rub opens up JuJu...then Le'veon Bell blocks TWO Patriots to spring JuJu. JuJu's mistake...should have kept going down the sideline. James takes out one of the two guys...the other one that had the angle stutter-steps in anticipation of JuJu cutting to the middle...JuJu should have NOT cut to the middle...the stutter step the defender makes would have allowed JuJu to beat him down the sideline.. So close...we love JuJu for this, but Lev Bell is the one that turns that into the 69-yard gain it was.

3) James' TD. OK- Pats' vaunted discipline breaks down...Ben pump-fakes to DHB and draws not one, not two, but THREE Pats' defenders to DHB, uncovering Jesse. Beautiful throw...Jesse not being nimble of foot turned what should have been a walk in score into the play that it became.

4) Final play. Still not seeing Eli really being impeded, but it wasn't the horrible throw by Ben I thought it was...all it needed to be was just a shade more out in front of Eli and he gets that ball...and if he didn't, it would have been incomplete because there was no one behind him. Sorry though- I can see it being called DPI or not being called DPI...maybe if Eli sells it a little more, it's DPI, but it reminds me a little of the long pass to Sanders against the Jets in 2010 regular season...sometimes the receiver has to sell it a little better to draw the flag. In real time, Eli doesn't look the slightest bit impeded...it just looks like great defense. I know some will disagree with me.

Anyhow...for those that can watch...the offense has really come a long way...some really well-designed plays. Now if they would just unleash the damn thing for the full 60 minutes...this offense can carry us to a Super Bowl. Tomlin and Haley just have to get out of the offense's own way. Let the offense win it, Mike- stop trying to rescue a still suspect defense.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post subject: Re: Chalk Talk...the last 1:55...key plays
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:52 pm 

Jesse James...Jesus dude. How do you not walk that in. The guy is so damn awkward. Unreal he blew that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Jesse James...Jesus dude. How do you not walk that in. The guy is so damn awkward. Unreal he blew that.

Mine was a gentle criticism of Jesse...he is a big dude and his route was taking him in the other direction. Hard for a guy like him to stop and switch direction.

But the pass was designed to be a walk in score and not the dive Jesse made it.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:01 pm 

One play is missing - the 2nd down pass to DHB on a crossing route. Why throw that? It fucked the clock and didn't gain significant yardage. Just throw it away and spare the clock.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
One play is missing - the 2nd down pass to DHB on a crossing route. Why throw that? It fucked the clock and didn't gain significant yardage. Just throw it away and spare the clock.

Big Ben has never been one to throw the ball away, that was a play we should have thrown to the end zone, dumb call and dumb decision by Ben. Should have stuck Alien in there and threw a fade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 pm 

I was so pissed that JuJu cut that back. Stay on the sideline and take it as far as you can. You either score or get pushed out of bounds stopping the clock.
NEVER turn back inside towards the pursuit unless you absolutely have to. Still a great play though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:46 pm 

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-st ... -112466579

https://mobile.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala ... 5793904641

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:08 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
I was so pissed that JuJu cut that back. Stay on the sideline and take it as far as you can. You either score or get pushed out of bounds stopping the clock.
NEVER turn back inside towards the pursuit unless you absolutely have to. Still a great play though.

I was too, but he gained a bunch by doing it, so can't fault a guy for trying to make a big play (and succeeding).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:14 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:

I was too, but he gained a bunch by doing it, so can't fault a guy for trying to make a big play (and succeeding).

He stays on the sideline, I think he scores.

Since the guy that had the angle on him stutter-stepped BEFORE JuJu cut back, JuJu beats him down the sideline, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:44 pm 

Gronk shouldn’t have been allowed to play. The NFL is a joke and run by a collection of pole smokers