It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chalk Talk...the last 1:55...key plays
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:25 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
I was so pissed that JuJu cut that back. Stay on the sideline and take it as far as you can. You either score or get pushed out of bounds stopping the clock.
NEVER turn back inside towards the pursuit unless you absolutely have to. Still a great play though.

I was too, but he gained a bunch by doing it, so can't fault a guy for trying to make a big play (and succeeding).

He stays on the sideline, I think he scores.

Since the guy that had the angle on him stutter-stepped BEFORE JuJu cut back, JuJu beats him down the sideline, I think.

I agree..looking at it I think he might score. seems outlaw was ready to block one or both... or even cut up later down field if his angle taken..hell..we leave brady more time and he can hit gronk 3 more times..lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 pm 

I don't think he would have scored by going down the sideline btw. Once he started to stumble (probably from losing gas) he was done as far as takin it to the house.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:03 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
I don't think he would have scored by going down the sideline btw. Once he started to stumble (probably from losing gas) he was done as far as takin it to the house.

He first stumbled because Rowe tripped him up.

He might not have completely run out of gas continuing to go straight down the sideline, but at any rate, I think he at least gets as far as he did by cutting in, AND he goes OOB to boot, waving the timeout.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

He first stumbled because Rowe tripped him up.

He might not have completely run out of gas continuing to go straight down the sideline, but at any rate, I think he at least gets as far as he did by cutting in, AND he goes OOB to boot, waving the timeout.

I agree and if you stop it at 3:54 just as JJSS cuts back you can see that JJ is in front of him and IMO he at least gets to the 15 before being pushed OOB, saving a TO and at best scores, ending the game. I'd also be interested in seeing the coaches film because in college our RBs would always cut back and the during film sessions on Sunday morning the coaches would stop the film and show them all of the pursuit they were running into rather than keeping it outside.

I'd rather see JJSS and JJ against 2 little DBs than JJSS cutting it back into the pursuit and losing a TO.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 pm 

Even more sick about how close we came.

If James doesn't grab that ball...it is going straight to JuJu...who's already in the end zone with position on his man.

More I look at the play...maybe James was supposed to keep going, and that pass was for JuJu.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
I was so pissed that JuJu cut that back. Stay on the sideline and take it as far as you can. You either score or get pushed out of bounds stopping the clock.
NEVER turn back inside towards the pursuit unless you absolutely have to. Still a great play though.

Theoretical query

What if Juju does stay on the sidelines and the Patriot Defender finally catches him and hits him just after he crosses the goal Line the ball comes loose although JuJu's hands are underneath the ball. There is no conclusive proof that the ball hit the ground and was out of his control. What does New York and correnti do on that?

Since JuJu was an established runner at that point, it’s a TD as soon as the football breaks the plane.

It wouldn’t even be an issue.

I really struggle to see why this is so confusing. If you’re going to the ground in the process of making the catch, you’ve got to control it through going to the ground regardless of where you’re at on the field. If you’ve established yourself as a runner, you’re good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
here's another angle.....if PIT ends-up going to NE for the AFCC, how much money does that cost Rooney (and, for that matter, the city of Pittsburgh)?

The NFL didn't just steal a game from PIT, they literally took money out of the pockets of hometown fans.

So when the refs picked up their flag on the Rogers TD, which should have been ruled a penalty for illegal man downfield as Decastro was clearly more than a yard beyond the LOS before the pass was thrown and they had initially correctly thrown the flag for it, what part of the grand sweeping conspiracy for a Pats win was that? Which chapter in the script?

I’m embarrassed by the amount of whining and excuse making Steelers fans have taken part in after this game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm 

TB wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
here's another angle.....if PIT ends-up going to NE for the AFCC, how much money does that cost Rooney (and, for that matter, the city of Pittsburgh)?

The NFL didn't just steal a game from PIT, they literally took money out of the pockets of hometown fans.

So when the refs picked up their flag on the Rogers TD, which should have been ruled a penalty for illegal man downfield as Decastro was clearly more than a yard beyond the LOS before the pass was thrown and they had initially correctly thrown the flag for it, what part of the grand sweeping conspiracy for a Pats win was that? Which chapter in the script?

I’m embarrassed by the amount of whining and excuse making Steelers fans have taken part in after this game.

Do you clowns even know the rules.
Item 1: Legally Downfield.

An ineligible player is not illegally downfield if, after initiating contact with an opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage during his initial charge:

(a) he moves more than one yard beyond the line while legally blocking or being blocked by an opponent;
DeCastro was blocking an opponent the entire time and thus not illegally downfield. That is why the flag was picked up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm 

That'd be correct, but DeCastro wasn't blocking his man downfield the entire time. That's dead wrong. Watch the vid:

LOS was the 18. He made an initial punch on one defender, slipped out and moved three yards downfield to the 15 to initiate a block on another defender, the LB David Harris, all while Ben still had the ball in his hands. Should've been a penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:37 pm 

Honestly...I know everyone's saying it's clear DPI. I'm not seeing it.

Like Jeems had said, like I've said in the SBI piece....soon as I saw one of the first replays, I knew this game was being stolen from us. Just don't know why it took the announcing crew so long to tumble to the fact that it was the catch that was being reviewed. Me? I was foolishly hoping no one would notice. But...I still think a case could have been made for their not being indisputable evidence that JJ maintained control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next