It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chalk Talk...the last 1:55...key plays
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I don't think so....but would like to see the wide view.

I think at minimum he gets as far as he did cutting back in, with the added benefit of going OOB and preserving the timeout.

Speaking of which...Ben pointing out that Corrente granted them the timeout before they really asked for it casts a bad light on the Steelers and clock management again.

They should have known immediately they were calling timeout. Far too much clock would have been burned trying to rush down the field and clock it. Not to mention a down to win the game would have been wasted. They were at the ten...using the last TO was the right thing to do there. Had they not been such idiots with their playcalling, 32 seconds and no timeouts from the ten is plenty of time for three shots to the EZ and then a FG try if needed.

nitpicking on JuJu's OUTSTANDING play is beyond ridiculous. It really displays very little awareness of what it's like to actually play the game. Ask DeAngelo Williams.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 pm 

R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I don't think so....but would like to see the wide view.

I think at minimum he gets as far as he did cutting back in, with the added benefit of going OOB and preserving the timeout.

Speaking of which...Ben pointing out that Corrente granted them the timeout before they really asked for it casts a bad light on the Steelers and clock management again.

They should have known immediately they were calling timeout. Far too much clock would have been burned trying to rush down the field and clock it. Not to mention a down to win the game would have been wasted. They were at the ten...using the last TO was the right thing to do there. Had they not been such idiots with their playcalling, 32 seconds and no timeouts from the ten is plenty of time for three shots to the EZ and then a FG try if needed.

nitpicking on JuJu's OUTSTANDING play is beyond ridiculous. It really displays very little awareness of what it's like to actually play the game. Ask DeAngelo Williams.

So I’m not allowed to voice an opinion that I think JuJu could have scored had he stayed on the sideline?

That somehow pointing this out means I’m saying he sucked on the play?

Last edited by Jeemie on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 pm 

Particularly after watching the Tunch piece, Jeems, I don't think JuJu even makes it to the sideline. He was running outta gas, pursuit was closing in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Particularly after watching the Tunch piece, Jeems, I don't think JuJu even makes it to the sideline. He was running outta gas, pursuit was closing in.

He was on the sideline already.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:07 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Watch it again, Jeems. The ONLY time, he was all outside the hash was when he was being tackled....over 23 yards from the sideline.

Unless you're suggesting that he should have never cut back across the field but stuck to the left sideline the whole way. I've been assuming you were talking about the right sideline.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 pm 

Okay...You ARE talking about the left sideline.

#30 & #23 are closing in; he has JJ blocking for him. He's going OOB at the 20.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:10 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Watch it again, Jeems. The ONLY time, he was all outside the hash was when he was being tackled....over 23 yards from the sideline.

Unless you're suggesting that he should have never cut back across the field but stuck to the left sideline the whole way. I've been assuming you were talking about the right sideline.

Yes...I’m saying he should have never cut back across the field but stayed on the sideline.

He had Jesse out in front of him who had cut off one of the two closing defenders. The other one had the angle but he stutter-stepped...BEFORE JuJu made his cut to the middle.

He stays on the sideline...he may get by that defender...even if not, he’s at or near where he got to anyway...but has run OOB and killed the clock.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:12 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

I posted about this earlier. At 3:54 JuJu is at the 34 with James in front of him. I think he is better off staying on the sideline behind JJ and stiff arming the other DB and going OOB at the 15 or 10 and possibly scoring than running all the way across the field, into traffic and getting tackled at the 10. Would save a TO and have a better chance to score

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:12 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Again...I think he may get a little more and even get by the guy because that guy stutter-stepped.

The trailing defender’s angle is cut off by Jesse...there’s just one guy to beat.

And you know something?

I’ll take OOB at the 20 and a timeout preserved over ball at the 10 and no timeouts. I thinkmit’s A slight win. We do better farther from the EZ anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 pm 

Yeah...split-second decision-making and instinct though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Yeah...split-second decision-making and instinct though.

I know...experience will teach him.

He’s going to be a great player.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 am 

Umm JuJu was trying to score and win the fuckin game, God bless his heart.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:37 pm