It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tomlin Presser
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:18 pm 

Maybe we missed something, but if we didn't, I'm calling bullshit.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/T ... 3cee81a7c2

Watch the questions section, starting at around 8 minutes. Tomlin makes it sound like the brain trust was engaged in the Helsinki Peace Talks during the replay review, rather than standing around in various stages of ass-picking.

Thing is, Tomlin is saying, that based on word from the official, Steelers spent most of their time talking about the possibility of James being ruled down at the 1, and then a 10-second runoff.

Based on the vid, they should have known that that possibility was about nil.

Post subject: Re: Tomlin Presser
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm 

I’ve been avoiding this site

Still too painful to discuss. I don’t want to rehash one of the most mind numbing endings EVER.

And like SWISS, I’m old. 53 to be exact. I’ve seen some shit.

That’s wayyyyyyyyyy up there on my short list of stunning, shocking and painful losses of ALL TIME.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 pm 

Yes.
listened to the press conference on my way home from work today.
Idiotic.
You knew after the very first Replay that Jesse James did not get touched before he went into the end zone.
This game was lost by:
Coaching.
The decision to turtle the 4th.
Un prepared for the moment.

Nothing new.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 pm 

Yah it sucked.

It pissed me off for a while. Annoyed me for longer.

But it wasn't the playoffs.

Watch cam heyward's post game interview...some of the other post game stuff.

I like where this team's collective head appears to be at.

Gilbert coming back. Vance "Glass" McDonald could be healthy for the stretch run, AB should be back for playoffs. Martavus came alive and will be given the chance to be the man for 2 weeks probably. Ben still playing lights out. At least one home playoff game, possibly 2. Haden coming back. Grimble getting involved. Eli playing well. Sutton coming on. JuJu lights out. Bell is bell. Team is battle tested. Still got DMR and Shazier in their hearts.

This was a hiccup. A painful vurp type hiccup. But a hiccup. Hit the reset button. Get on another streak.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Maybe we missed something, but if we didn't, I'm calling bullshit.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/T ... 3cee81a7c2

Watch the questions section, starting at around 8 minutes. Tomlin makes it sound like the brain trust was engaged in the Helsinki Peace Talks during the replay review, rather than standing around in various stages of ass-picking.

Thing is, Tomlin is saying, that based on word from the official, Steelers spent most of their time talking about the possibility of James being ruled down at the 1, and then a 10-second runoff.

Based on the vid, they should have known that that possibility was about nil.

I read that on Steelers Depot.

Unfuckingbelieveable on many scales.

First...so what? Call four plays...two if he’s ruled down at the one, two if it’s ruled incomplete. You should be able to do this in about a minute. Get Ben off his ass from whatever he’s doing and have him there listening.

Second...why are you relying on what the official’s telling you? You have a guy in the booth, right? Isn’t it his job to look at replays? Call up to him and ask him what the likelihood of the ruling being down at the one is. Or do you tell the booth guys they can go home at the two minute warning?

Even worse...Tomlin CONFIRMED he wanted to run down and clock the ball instead of call timeout.

Are you fucking kidding me? You were really going to run down there, which would take about 15 seconds, and clock it? Leaving 20 seconds and now only two shots at a win before kicking a FG?

He’s learned NOTHING in ten years. NOTHING. He doesn’t remember that Baltimore 2008 almost came down to having to convert a fourth down play.

34 seconds and three shots to win the game is BETTER than 19 seconds and only two shots...as long as you’re not a complete moron, that is!

What a fucking IDIOT!

We are NOT beating New England in post-season.

Not at Gillette...not at Heinz...not in a stadium personally built by Tomlin himself, officiated by Tomlin’s friends, and with rules that the Pats only get two downs on offense.

We have the players to do it....but they can not overcome the MORON that is their head coach.

We can beat any one of the other 30 teams...but NOT New England.

NOT happening.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
I’ve been avoiding this site

Still too painful to discuss. I don’t want to rehash one of the most mind numbing endings EVER.

And like SWISS, I’m old. 53 to be exact. I’ve seen some shit.

That’s wayyyyyyyyyy up there on my short list of stunning, shocking and painful losses of ALL TIME.

Well, I guess I'm OLD + 10 then. I base my optimism, when it happens, on historical contexts. I'm thinking this.

1997...Steelers beat Denver at TRS in December. Then, in January, and I'm In Da House, it's the Chan Fuckin' Gailey game, and Denver beats Steelers for the AFCCG in TRS.

And then, me and you were there, #29, Steelers lose to Bungs in December, looks like there's no hope for playoffs. They go to Paul Brown Stadium in January, Carson Palmer blows out his knee. Steelers win.

Maybe this year, lose to Patriots in heartbreaker in December, beat them in Foxboro in January. I dive into the icy waters of the Atlantic off the New Hampshire coast.

So....I'm not yet closing the book on how heartbreaking a loss this is. It did NOT end the season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 pm 

Oh....and Myriad may have displaced Obviously as Tomlin's word of choice.

There were a myriad of possibilities; there's a myriad of options; we had a myriad of plays we were considering.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:58 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

There were a myriad of possibilities; there's a myriad of options; we had a myriad of plays we were considering.

Imagine if during the week they practiced several different end game scenarios and had a quick scorecard of plays for those situations that they could quickly refer to and make decisions?

Imagine if they got their likely personnel groupings for those plays together and had them waiting on the sideline. Imagine if these groupings were told to listen for the signal as to which one was going out there so they could run out onto the field the instant the call came down...if they had to.

Imagine PLANNING AHEAD OF TIME.

I know...sometimes I ask too much of people that get paid millions of dollars...

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Imagine if during the week they practiced several different end game scenarios and had a quick scorecard of plays for those situations that they could quickly refer to and make decisions?

Imagine if they got their likely personnel groupings for those plays together and had them waiting on the sideline. Imagine if these groupings were told to listen for the signal as to which one was going out there so they could run out onto the field the instant the call came down...if they had to.

I know...sometimes I ask too much of people that get paid millions of dollars...

I can’t imagine why you’re not employed by the Steelers, Jeemie...I honestly can’t... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I can’t imagine why you’re not employed by the Steelers, Jeemie...I honestly can’t... :lol:

I’m considering applying... 8-)