It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 647
Time to stop looking back and being depressed & focus on some positive news.

Ben, Boswell, Bell, Brown, DeCastro, Shazier. Pouncey and Villanueva make the Pro Bowl.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/ ... 1ff170d702

Hope none of them are there but rather preparing for a trip to Minneapolis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3673
Really disappointed that Cam didn't get a nod as he's had such an outstanding year, but we know how it goes when you're a Steelers defensive end. Boswell has been so clutch this season and really earned his nod as well. Proud for Shazier to be named too. He was really starting to get his recognition and was playing at a much higher level overall this year... really rounding out his game. Hope it's not over.

The rest were all deserving outside of Villanueva, but I'm not poking that bear.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2296
TB wrote:
The rest were all deserving outside of Villanueva, but I'm not poking that bear.


You mean you're not gonna mention how he turned the fuck-up of forgetting to stand with his teammates into an undeserving Pro Bowl selection?

Smart man.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3673
;)

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1288
TB wrote:
Really disappointed that Cam didn't get a nod as he's had such an outstanding year, but we know how it goes when you're a Steelers defensive end. Boswell has been so clutch this season and really earned his nod as well. Proud for Shazier to be named too. He was really starting to get his recognition and was playing at a much higher level overall this year... really rounding out his game. Hope it's not over.

The rest were all deserving outside of Villanueva, but I'm not poking that bear.


Agree, thought Heyward deserved it for sure and AV not so much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 981
Stunned Cameron Heyward didn't get his first Pro Bowl. That's a real shame.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15854
A travesty. Heyward has 10 Sacks, so you can’t even use that argument against him.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 751
fortythree wrote:
TB wrote:
The rest were all deserving outside of Villanueva, but I'm not poking that bear.


You mean you're not gonna mention how he turned the fuck-up of forgetting to stand with his teammates into an undeserving Pro Bowl selection?

Smart man.


I thought it was established that the team's plan was for him to go out far enough to see the flag, and that he had to go out farther than the team expected, to see it. "The fuck-up of forgetting to stand with his teammates" doesn't really seem like an accurate statement, but seems more like an agenda-laden, intentional revision of the story.

Try not drag a thread about the probowl into your own little pity party.

Regarding deserving.....it didn't seem Villanueva's play was deserving overall this season. Think he was playing better of late, but early on it seemed he wasn't playing well. I also think his hold on the 9 yard conner run that started the events leading to the loss. The ill-advised runs followed. Though, this team should be able to overcome a single hold without giving up and running touissant.

I haven't watched enough tackles in the league to identify who was more deserving than him. What does this list look like?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 2941
Heyward might have 10 sacks but he wasn’t smart enough to stand at the end of the tunnel so he did not make the Popularity Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22680
So we’re really trying to blame Cam’s snub on the flag thing?

Seriously?

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LakecrestSteeler and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group