It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
fortythree wrote:
TB wrote:
The rest were all deserving outside of Villanueva, but I'm not poking that bear.

You mean you're not gonna mention how he turned the fuck-up of forgetting to stand with his teammates into an undeserving Pro Bowl selection?

Smart man.

I thought it was established that the team's plan was for him to go out far enough to see the flag, and that he had to go out farther than the team expected, to see it. "The fuck-up of forgetting to stand with his teammates" doesn't really seem like an accurate statement, but seems more like an agenda-laden, intentional revision of the story.

Try not drag a thread about the probowl into your own little pity party.

Regarding deserving.....it didn't seem Villanueva's play was deserving overall this season. Think he was playing better of late, but early on it seemed he wasn't playing well. I also think his hold on the 9 yard conner run that started the events leading to the loss. The ill-advised runs followed. Though, this team should be able to overcome a single hold without giving up and running touissant.

I haven't watched enough tackles in the league to identify who was more deserving than him. What does this list look like?

By his own admission he fucked up. I suppose I could ignore that fact and let him off the hook but that would be too much like pushing an agenda for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:39 am 

Jeemie wrote:
So we’re really trying to blame Cam’s snub on the flag thing?

Seriously?

I don't think that's what they are saying. I think they are saying Cam was snubbed because all Steelers DE's are, but AV made it because he stood at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:40 am 

fortythree wrote:

By his own admission he fucked up. I suppose I could ignore that fact and let him off the hook but that would be too much like pushing an agenda for me.

Yes. He said he fucked up, BECAUSE (by his own admission in the same interview which you seem to be ignoring for some odd reason) the team's plan was for him to go far enough to see the flag....and he had to go farther than the team anticipated.

Do you agree with this or not? It's in the same interview. Where am I wrong?

The plan got botched because this team didn't anticipate where the flag was going to be, regardless of how badly you want to villify him, and you've taken every opportunity to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 pm 

I love Boswell, but it's a travesty to say he was deserving over Justin Tucker.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Tucker is a machine for sure, but I don't know. My guess is he beat him out because of his three more FGM.... and more importantly, what was it, 3 or 4 last second/4th qtr game winners this year (has to be more than anyone in the AFC)? Tucker had zero, by my memory.

Boz earned it, imo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:32 pm 

don't get the av selection..he was better last year... thought cam been better selection too.. I'm not gonna bitch about any steeler awarded..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm 

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Tucker is a machine for sure, but I don't know. My guess is he beat him out because of his three more FGM.... and more importantly, what was it, 3 or 4 last second/4th qtr game winners this year (has to be more than anyone in the AFC)? Tucker had zero, by my memory.

Boz earned it, imo.

But Tucker's game is so much more than that. Endless range, multiple kickoff spins, directional kicking... dude is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Boz earned it, imo.

But Tucker's game is so much more than that. Endless range, multiple kickoff spins, directional kicking... dude is amazing.

I know this for a fact that he is also the biggest asshole on that team. First person source so fuck him.

Well done Boz!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 pm 

^

Yep. He and Johnny Hekker are on another level for special teams. They are setting a new bar.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:41 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
^

Yep. He and Johnny Hekker are on another level for special teams. They are setting a new bar.

Tucker's teammate Koch is no slouch, either.