It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Eight Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm 

How about the 61 yarder that Berry had pinning the Pats deep on their last possession before scoring that the defense promptly fucked away our chances at the 1 seed?

Great punt, Jordan!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I love Boswell, but it's a travesty to say he was deserving over Justin Tucker.

Tucker is a machine for sure, but I don't know. My guess is he beat him out because of his three more FGM.... and more importantly, what was it, 3 or 4 last second/4th qtr game winners this year (has to be more than anyone in the AFC)? Tucker had zero, by my memory.

Boz earned it, imo.

But Tucker's game is so much more than that. Endless range, multiple kickoff spins, directional kicking... dude is amazing.

I know that, that's why I called him a machine. But, I'm saying those who vote for Kicker most likely look at the stats before anything else. And, if that's what most look at, then Boz deserved it more...based on that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:17 pm 

On the whole Cam Heyward and Villy thing: You can make the argument that Bosa, Campbell, and Mack all deserved to get in over him. The DE position is pretty stacked in the AFC; it's just a shame that Cam is judged against pure 4-3 pass rushers. As far as Villy, who in the AFC is having a better season? I think it's less of a PR move to name him as a starter and more of an indictment of how poor the tackles are in the AFC.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I love Boswell, but it's a travesty to say he was deserving over Justin Tucker.

When I saw Boz got in, my first thought was “How did he beat out Justin Tucker?”

Tucker is the only kicker for whom, if he became available, I would dump Boswell so fast he wouldn’t know what hit him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:06 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
fortythree wrote:

By his own admission he fucked up. I suppose I could ignore that fact and let him off the hook but that would be too much like pushing an agenda for me.

Yes. He said he fucked up, BECAUSE (by his own admission in the same interview which you seem to be ignoring for some odd reason) the team's plan was for him to go far enough to see the flag....and he had to go farther than the team anticipated.

Do you agree with this or not? It's in the same interview. Where am I wrong?

The plan got botched because this team didn't anticipate where the flag was going to be, regardless of how badly you want to villify him, and you've taken every opportunity to do so.

This.

43 has some sort of ax to grind with AV, the military, patriotism or all three.

AV isn’t an all-pro but he’s certainly a hell of a lot better than some of the crap we have rolled out there in the past. He’s also still inexperienced at the position and should still have more room to grow/improve.

I suspect if he wasn’t former combat veteran and just a run of the mill player 43 wouldn’t have much negative to say about him.

Or maybe he just had a man crush on Kelvin Beachum and is upset we didn’t sign the mediocre, low ceiling JAG....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:59 pm 

955876 wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
fortythree wrote:

By his own admission he fucked up. I suppose I could ignore that fact and let him off the hook but that would be too much like pushing an agenda for me.

Yes. He said he fucked up, BECAUSE (by his own admission in the same interview which you seem to be ignoring for some odd reason) the team's plan was for him to go far enough to see the flag....and he had to go farther than the team anticipated.

Do you agree with this or not? It's in the same interview. Where am I wrong?

The plan got botched because this team didn't anticipate where the flag was going to be, regardless of how badly you want to villify him, and you've taken every opportunity to do so.

This.

43 has some sort of ax to grind with AV, the military, patriotism or all three.

AV isn’t an all-pro but he’s certainly a hell of a lot better than some of the crap we have rolled out there in the past. He’s also still inexperienced at the position and should still have more room to grow/improve.

I suspect if he wasn’t former combat veteran and just a run of the mill player 43 wouldn’t have much negative to say about him.

Or maybe he just had a man crush on Kelvin Beachum and is upset we didn’t sign the mediocre, low ceiling JAG....

I have no problem with AV as a person or as a player as long as he improves.

I just think it's funny he only got in because a certain segment of the population voted for him only because of an immense fuck-up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:49 pm 

We definitely are pissy still.

Only we could turn a thread talking about the selection of 8 Steelers to the Pro Bowl into a negative thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:15 pm 

The solution to this pro bowl thing is simple:

Edge: Bosa, Campbell, Mack, Suggs
Interior Linemen: Geno Atkins, Malik Jackson, Cameron Heyward
Off-ball LB: Von Miller, Ryan Shazier, CJ Moseley

Then it comes down to Clowney or Jurrel Casey for the final spot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:50 pm 

So what info do you have access to 43 that shows AV only got in because of his “fuck-up”?

Also, do you have the stats to show which AFC tackles have performed better game in and game out?

AV’s QB is #2 in both the NFL and AFC in passing yards. And trails leader (Brady) by less than 140 yards. The Steelers as a team have given up fewer sacks than all other AFC teams outside of the Chargers.

And only two NFC teams have given up fewer sacks.

Hard to have that success without your LT doing his job.