It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inside the NFL...WTF!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 am 

Here's what the end-of-game footage revealed.

*After the replay announcement, Tomlin is clearly saying to Haley....if it's inbounds, we have to clock it, then he confirms that Haley heard him.
*Then...after the receiver (DHB) IS tackled inbounds, and Ben signaling to his teammates that he's clocking, Tomlin can be heard saying...We're NOT clocking it.

No wonder this team is fucked up and confused. They make a decision, communicate it, then change their minds with the clock running, 15 tics remaining.

We've asked Tomlin to have the buck stop with him. Well, it did, and his indecisiveness fucked it up.

Post subject: Re: Inside the NFL...WTF!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:14 am 

Yeah it's definitely not possible that things were left out in the editing process.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:17 am 

fortythree wrote:
Yeah it's definitely not possible that things were left out in the editing process.

LMFAO....reaching all the way up to the elbow on that one

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:25 am 

Wait....wut? So the consensus was to clock it then Tomlin yelled not to as Ben was running to the LOS?

What in the holy hell is going on with this team?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 am 

You know, I can't get mad at the way the game ended there with the James catch/non-catch and then the chaos afterwards.

No, what I get mad at it the 2nd and 3rd to the last drives of the game where Tomlin/Haley thought it was okay to try and run the ball and go conservative.

On those 2 drives you had players like Connor and Touissant at RB. You had a WR like Hayward Bey out there as a blocker at WR. Just do not understand the logic behind any of that. Bell, JuJu, Bryant all should have been out there for EVERY SINGLE PLAY. NE knew we were running the ball, we were not keeping it a secret and we even fielded players that made it difficult to do anything else but run the ball.

When those two drives were happening, I knew that we were going to end up losing the game. Up 24-16 and Tomlin/Haley think that is enough to win the game?

You have a HOF QB throw for 500 yards the previous game and then in this game, you take Bell and JuJu and Bryant off the field for Connor, Fitz and Bey? All they had to do was let Ben throw the ball, move down the field and set up Boz for FGs. Teams do this time and time again against the Patriots. They go conservative.

The defense did not lose this game, it was the offense, again, failing to score points, for failing to put the game away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:18 am 

swissvale72 wrote:

*After the replay announcement, Tomlin is clearly saying to Haley....if it's inbounds, we have to clock it, then he confirms that Haley heard him.
*Then...after the receiver (DHB) IS tackled inbounds, and Ben signaling to his teammates that he's clocking, Tomlin can be heard saying...We're NOT clocking it.

No wonder this team is fucked up and confused. They make a decision, communicate it, then change their minds with the clock running, 15 tics remaining.

We've asked Tomlin to have the buck stop with him. Well, it did, and his indecisiveness fucked it up.

To clarify: the officiating crew told Tomlin that one of the possibilities was that James would be ruled down inbounds, that 10 seconds would be run off the clock and that chock would start on the ready for play signal. I believe that’s the situation MT was referring to that would necessitate a spike. It would have been 2nd down with the clock running. Spike it and get one more try into the EZ. The discussion about not clocking it after DHB is different.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:08 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

To clarify: the officiating crew told Tomlin that one of the possibilities was that James would be ruled down inbounds, that 10 seconds would be run off the clock and that chock would start on the ready for play signal. I believe that’s the situation MT was referring to that would necessitate a spike. It would have been 2nd down with the clock running. Spike it and get one more try into the EZ. The discussion about not clocking it after DHB is different.

Agreed i read about this scenario as well, i think tomlin alluded to it in his presser. He also said Ben running down the field and appearing to call timeout was actually Ben looking for direction from the sidelines to see IF they did in fact want to call a timeout.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

That makes Tomlin’s presser even more ridiculous.

If they were going to clock it if the ruling was James down at the one, then fine...agree...clock it and end of discussion. Then call the two plays if the ruling is going to be incomplete and make sure Ben knows what those two plays are.

No excuses for the confusion at the end. None.

And it also shows that Tomlin NOT wanting the timeout after JuJu’s long play was fucking ridiculous.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 am 

Quote:
You know, I can't get mad at the way the game ended there with the James catch/non-catch and then the chaos afterwards.

No, what I get mad at it the 2nd and 3rd to the last drives of the game where Tomlin/Haley thought it was okay to try and run the ball and go conservative.

On those 2 drives you had players like Connor and Touissant at RB. You had a WR like Hayward Bey out there as a blocker at WR. Just do not understand the logic behind any of that. Bell, JuJu, Bryant all should have been out there for EVERY SINGLE PLAY. NE knew we were running the ball, we were not keeping it a secret and we even fielded players that made it difficult to do anything else but run the ball.

When those two drives were happening, I knew that we were going to end up losing the game. Up 24-16 and Tomlin/Haley think that is enough to win the game?

You have a HOF QB throw for 500 yards the previous game and then in this game, you take Bell and JuJu and Bryant off the field for Connor, Fitz and Bey? All they had to do was let Ben throw the ball, move down the field and set up Boz for FGs. Teams do this time and time again against the Patriots. They go conservative.

The defense did not lose this game, it was the offense, again, failing to score points, for failing to put the game away.

Exactly, I saw the same thing. Could not have said it better myself. The Pats don't go conservative with the game on line, why did we?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:08 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Okay, correction....after further review, watching it again.

Clip was AFTER the ruling was made, Steelers offense going back on the field. Tomlin says to Haley....
*It's second down; we've got no timeouts. If it's in the field of play, we got a play. You follow me? You got me?

So...at least Tomlin WAS consistent with his strategy, his intent. I take back the criticism leading off the OP.

Clip also shows all four receivers....JuJu, Eli, DHB, Martivis...going onto the field following the ruling. I guess Martivis then exited.