It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inside the NFL...WTF!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:56 pm 

Let me remind you guys that Tomlin is on the competition review committee
he literally helps write the catch no catch rule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:07 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:

Yet he thought a ruling of incomplete was the “least likely outcome”.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

because that ruling defied two of the failsafes they had in place: two feet down and a move makes the catch complete AND indisputable evidence necessary to overturn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

because that ruling defied two of the failsafes they had in place: two feet down and a move makes the catch complete AND indisputable evidence necessary to overturn

The ruling made Sunday is consistent with how it's been ruled before.

They don't consider "knee" = "two feet" when they've interpreted going to ground. They don't consider reaching out as "making a move" that's separate from going to the ground. They should...but they don't.

And they've gone with less evidence and called it "indisputable" before (the aforementioned Seferian-Jenkins play in the Pats/Jets game).

Tomlin should have known...or the people working for him up in the replay booth should have known.

Instead they talked about an outcome that was never going to happen...and they should have known that too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:27 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Possibly because his guys where telling him the same thing I saw/didn’t see and still have not seen which is the ball actually on the ground and not sitting in his right hand. In order for it to be ruled incomplete you have to actually see the bal hit the ground, and should be indesputable evidence of such, which to this day still hasn’t been produced.

Last edited by StillerDownSouth on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 pm 

Quote:
Ben Volin‏
Verified account

@BenVolin

On last night’s Inside the NFL, the NFL Films cameras picked up Mike Tomlin instructing Todd Haley to run another play if the Steelers get tackled in bounds.

“If it’s in the field of play, we got to play. You follow me? You got me?”

Yet they didn’t have a second play call ready

Not a good look for Haley. Fire the cocksucker already!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:57 pm 

jeemie, if you are ruled to have intentionally shoveled or pushed the ball forward, they can rule it back to the spot where you fumbled or even penalize you from the spot of the fumble. I'm dead serious that, after the Calvin Johnson ruling and the Seferian-Jenkins fiasco, NOTHING ruled after replay would surprise me, Nothing. I am not being coy... i truly would put NOTHING past them at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:46 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
jeemie, if you are ruled to have intentionally shoveled or pushed the ball forward, they can rule it back to the spot where you fumbled or even penalize you from the spot of the fumble. I'm dead serious that, after the Calvin Johnson ruling and the Seferian-Jenkins fiasco, NOTHING ruled after replay would surprise me, Nothing. I am not being coy... i truly would put NOTHING past them at this point.

Dude...come on man.

You are being coy to avoid giving Tomlin any responsibility for the clusterfuck that followed the overturn.

The NFL brass makes bad calls on replay, but the bad calls are always “plausibly” based on something that really happened.

They don’t make shit up out of whole cloth.

It wasn’t even remotely possible an “intentional shovel” was going to be the ruling. Tomlin obviously didn’t consult his own guys in the booth, or if he did, none of them picked up on the most obvious outcome of the replay review...one I picked up on immediately seeing the replay. And no one pays me to know about football goings on.

Tomlin should have known. He was caught unawares.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:51 am 

Anyway, he told Haley to be ready to call his play, and then said, "Call the play. CALL THE PLAY." to his OC... who appears to have said nothing.

I give Tomlin fault because, buck stops with him, but I don't think his OC was prepared to call a play, and he didn't call a play... even though his HC reminded him ahead of time that he would need to if the play ended up inbounds and then prompted him immediately after the tackle to call a play.

To me, the HC did discuss various scenarios during the replay review, and he did make sure his OC knew what the HC wanted to do in that situation... the OC simply failed or didn't think he could get through to the QB.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 am 

Amid all the confusion it would have been nice if our 14 year vet QB would have taken charge and called a couple plays. It’s not like he hasn’t run no huddle before.

Too busy trying to clock it I suppose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next