It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:18 pm 

In his presser, Mike Tomlin admitted there was supposed to be double coverage on Rob Gronkowski on the Patriots’ last TD drive...but somehow this didn’t get translated into the guys on the field actually...you know...doing it.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/130 ... -this-loss

Quote:
Tomlin also admitted the Steelers were supposed to have double coverage on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on the final drive. Instead, Gronkowski took advantage of breakdowns by catching three consecutive passes, for gains of 26, 26 and 17, on their final scoring drive and then the 2-point conversion — all in single coverage.

So what’s the deal here?

Are our coaches not communicating clearly to our players what they’re supposed to do?

Are our players free-lancing?

Are they stupid?

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:50 pm 

No Shazier.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
So what’s the deal here?

Are our coaches not communicating clearly to our players what they’re supposed to do?

Are our players free-lancing?

Are they stupid?

Inevitable breakdowns when players don't have enough game reps doing it earlier in the year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:56 pm 

Shit rolls downhill yo...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:59 pm 

Fuck.

Reminds me of last year when Gronk lined up wide and there was NOBODY COVERING HIM!!

Stupidity with some inexperience sprinkled in?

Maybe Shaz would have kept the D together, but they got their asses handed to them last year with Shazier in the lineup. See above.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:07 pm 

It’s not a mystery or news that there is communication issues on this team. If you watch you will see it every game, players looking at each other, looking at the sidelines, looking up at the sky.

On the Pats final drive to score, Brady threw two long completions to Gronk for about 25 yards each, both plays looking so similar, almost identical, that it looked like they were showing a replay.

Gronk made a finger tip catch on that drive and a couple other to score. Yet NOTHING changed to make up for the fact that Brady and Gronk decided to play pitch and catch down the field to take the lead and secure the first seed.

Our coaches are idiots. All of them. I know people will disagree with me, and that’s fine, but give me a break already. The proof is on the tape.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:11 pm 

I think the secondary is somewhat unhinged without Haden. Everyone back there has certain strengths and weaknesses but Haden’s presence has a way of containing the weaknesses. Burns looks sloppy and undisciplined. Mitchell looks a step or two slow. Davis looks lost at times. They need Haden back to stabilize them. This is a good unit when not tasked to do too much. They were top 2 till Haden went down.

I think some of it is butler too. To the extent butler has kept lebeaus concepts the pats will always have an advantage there.

But I think one of the key sequences was this

Quote:
No one wants to mention that, after Stephen Gostkowski's 46-yard field goal to cut it to 24-19 with 3:56 remaining, the Steelers responded with a three-and-out, that they came up short on third-and-4 with a 3-yard pass to Smith-Schuster and had to punt.

Two first downs very likely win that game

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:12 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
It’s not a mystery or news that there is communication issues on this team. If you watch you will see it every game, players looking at each other, looking at the sidelines, looking up at the sky.

On the Pats final drive to score, Brady threw two long completions to Gronk for about 25 yards each, both plays looking so similar, almost identical, that it looked like they were showing a replay.

Gronk made a finger tip catch on that drive and a couple other to score. Yet NOTHING changed to make up for the fact that Brady and Gronk decided to play pitch and catch down the field to take the lead and secure the first seed.

Our coaches are idiots. All of them. I know people will disagree with me, and that’s fine, but give me a break already. The proof is on the tape.

I agree.

Tomlin and his staff are not very bright, and get caught up in the emotion of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
They were top 2 till Haden went down.

The only decent QB they played was Stafford, and he carved them up.

Mitchell is completely useless. They might as well be playing 10 on 11.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:16 pm 

And I’m the absolute first to admit that with 1) Brady making Brady throws and 2) him throwing to Gronk you practically cannot defend that.

But what is indefensible is rolling out the same scheme, same coverage package on him for a drive to win the goddamn game and expecting a different result.