It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:18 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:20 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
I think the secondary is somewhat unhinged without Haden. Everyone back there has certain strengths and weaknesses but Haden’s presence has a way of containing the weaknesses. Burns looks sloppy and undisciplined. Mitchell looks a step or two slow. Davis looks lost at times. They need Haden back to stabilize them. This is a good unit when not tasked to do too much. They were top 2 till Haden went down.

I think some of it is butler too. To the extent butler has kept lebeaus concepts the pats will always have an advantage there.

But I think one of the key sequences was this

Quote:
No one wants to mention that, after Stephen Gostkowski's 46-yard field goal to cut it to 24-19 with 3:56 remaining, the Steelers responded with a three-and-out, that they came up short on third-and-4 with a 3-yard pass to Smith-Schuster and had to punt.

Two first downs very likely win that game

We should have pulled a Belichick and gone for it on 4th-1.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 pm 

When he threw those two passes to Gronk, both for 26 each, I mean come on. Even Brady who probably laughs at some of the coverage packages he sees against Gronk had to be laughing his ass off.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:41 pm 

Given all of this confusion, they were lucky to get 11 guys on the field.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
We should have pulled a Belichick and gone for it on 4th-1.
yup.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:01 pm 

This is why the Pats win. They are always aware of the situation. It's amazing how much just being aware and planning can win you in the NFL. Two very simple things that most teams don't do, but the Patriots do very well.

As much as the Jesse James call sucked, the end result is still our fault. At the very least we could have sent the game into OT.

And I'm sorry, but Ben flat out choked on that play. He's been in the league long enough to be in control of that situation even if the coaches are not. I don't think it's too much to expect him to get everyone on the same page on the field. He's the fucking leader of the offense. Even during the confusion he could have A.) Spiked it anyway or B.) Not thrown the ball into quintuple coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:30 pm 

What a clusterfuck of coaches

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:54 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
I think the secondary is somewhat unhinged without Haden. Everyone back there has certain strengths and weaknesses but Haden’s presence has a way of containing the weaknesses. Burns looks sloppy and undisciplined. Mitchell looks a step or two slow. Davis looks lost at times. They need Haden back to stabilize them. This is a good unit when not tasked to do too much. They were top 2 till Haden went down.

I think some of it is butler too. To the extent butler has kept lebeaus concepts the pats will always have an advantage there.

Quote:
No one wants to mention that, after Stephen Gostkowski's 46-yard field goal to cut it to 24-19 with 3:56 remaining, the Steelers responded with a three-and-out, that they came up short on third-and-4 with a 3-yard pass to Smith-Schuster and had to punt.

I think it has more to do with Shazier. He's the guy with the green dot, responsible for lining everyone up. Without him we are amidst chaos at the moment.

And yeah, also, because Tomlin...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:41 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

Quote:

This is where I’m at.

I’m having trouble grasping the continuous communication problems. I just don’t get it. It’s week 14.

That being said, the 3 and out at the 4min mark was ultimately where the Steelers lost the game, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:55 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
This is why the Pats win. They are always aware of the situation. It's amazing how much just being aware and planning can win you in the NFL. Two very simple things that most teams don't do, but the Patriots do very well.

As much as the Jesse James call sucked, the end result is still our fault. At the very least we could have sent the game into OT.

And I'm sorry, but Ben flat out choked on that play. He's been in the league long enough to be in control of that situation even if the coaches are not. I don't think it's too much to expect him to get everyone on the same page on the field. He's the fucking leader of the offense. Even during the confusion he could have A.) Spiked it anyway or B.) Not thrown the ball into quintuple coverage.

Oh dear gawd please stop. He did not throw into quintuple coverage! Or triple or even double coverage. He threw to an open receiver. The DB got away with grab and made a play. It sucks, but it happened.