It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15529
Jeemie wrote:
In his presser, Mike Tomlin admitted there was supposed to be double coverage on Rob Gronkowski on the Patriots’ last TD drive...but somehow this didn’t get translated into the guys on the field actually...you know...doing it.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/130 ... -this-loss

Quote:
Tomlin also admitted the Steelers were supposed to have double coverage on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on the final drive. Instead, Gronkowski took advantage of breakdowns by catching three consecutive passes, for gains of 26, 26 and 17, on their final scoring drive and then the 2-point conversion — all in single coverage.


So what’s the deal here?

Are our coaches not communicating clearly to our players what they’re supposed to do?

Are our players free-lancing?

Are they stupid?

The person who wrote that all those plays were single coverage is wrong. I recall at least one where there was double coverage, with a safety over the top.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15529
StillerInCT wrote:
This is why the Pats win. They are always aware of the situation. It's amazing how much just being aware and planning can win you in the NFL. Two very simple things that most teams don't do, but the Patriots do very well.

As much as the Jesse James call sucked, the end result is still our fault. At the very least we could have sent the game into OT.

And I'm sorry, but Ben flat out choked on that play. He's been in the league long enough to be in control of that situation even if the coaches are not. I don't think it's too much to expect him to get everyone on the same page on the field. He's the fucking leader of the offense. Even during the confusion he could have A.) Spiked it anyway or B.) Not thrown the ball into quintuple coverage.

was not quintuple coverage, no matter how much your anger at the result would like you to believe it. There was one defender and he was a step behind the receiver when the ball was released.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22340
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
In his presser, Mike Tomlin admitted there was supposed to be double coverage on Rob Gronkowski on the Patriots’ last TD drive...but somehow this didn’t get translated into the guys on the field actually...you know...doing it.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/130 ... -this-loss

Quote:
Tomlin also admitted the Steelers were supposed to have double coverage on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on the final drive. Instead, Gronkowski took advantage of breakdowns by catching three consecutive passes, for gains of 26, 26 and 17, on their final scoring drive and then the 2-point conversion — all in single coverage.


So what’s the deal here?

Are our coaches not communicating clearly to our players what they’re supposed to do?

Are our players free-lancing?

Are they stupid?

The person who wrote that all those plays were single coverage is wrong. I recall at least one where there was double coverage, with a safety over the top.


There were three pass plays to Gronk on that drive...Mitchell was nowhere near over the top on Gronk on any of them, as far as I remember.

I remember on one of them, Pats had a 4 WR set, 2 receivers on each side (Gronk was in the slot), and Mitchell cheated to the pair of receivers OPPOSITE the side Gronk was on!

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10223
Jeemie wrote:
Mitchell was nowhere near over the top on Gronk on any of them


To be fair, that doesn't exactly prove that Mitchell wasn't doubling Gronk (or supposed to be) :lol:

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22340
Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Mitchell was nowhere near over the top on Gronk on any of them


To be fair, that doesn't exactly prove that Mitchell wasn't doubling Gronk (or supposed to be) :lol:


I know.

That’s why one of the options was “are the players stupid?”

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More miscommunication issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15529
Jeemie wrote:
There were three pass plays to Gronk on that drive...Mitchell was nowhere near over the top on Gronk on any of them, as far as I remember.

I remember on one of them, Pats had a 4 WR set, 2 receivers on each side (Gronk was in the slot), and Mitchell cheated to the pair of receivers OPPOSITE the side Gronk was on!

Not tha one. The one where TJ dropped to Gronk's seam/curl Davis had him in off man, and The safety was shaded to Gronk's post. Brady dropped it right in the narrow window between the three.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: seabs926 and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group