It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: One player away from a 4-3?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:28 pm 

I hate this discussion. Go look at the Eagles depth chart for instance. Good 4-3 defenses have two full waves of front 4 players. At best the Steelers have one and that counts Bud Dupree as your top edge rusher. They are far away, especially given Shazier's status.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:11 pm 

SP wrote:
I hate this discussion. Go look at the Eagles depth chart for instance. Good 4-3 defenses have two full waves of front 4 players. At best the Steelers have one and that counts Bud Dupree as your top edge rusher. They are far away, especially given Shazier's status.

Exactamundo. That's either three years or a post-Ben $$$, Jacksonville-like signing spree on defense away from where we are now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:15 pm 

If you want to develop a better defense- 3-4 or 4-3...I don't care which- fire Joey Porter.

On the podcast, FC berates our drafts.

I'm the opposite...I berate our coaching up. Dupree, Watt, even Stenosis Jones- all had raw talent.

Porter couldn't develop them for shit, and he's a loudmouth asshole to boot.

When Kevin Greene came free, Porter should have been dropped in a heartbeat. Worse...Greene SAID he wanted to come to Pittsburgh.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:19 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
If you want to develop a better defense- 3-4 or 4-3...I don't care which- fire Joey Porter.

I'm the opposite...I berate our coaching up. Dupree, Watt, even Stenosis Jones- all had raw talent.

When Kevin Greene came free, Porter should have been dropped in a heartbeat. Worse...Greene SAID he wanted to come to Pittsburgh.

I think Greene understands technique MUCH better than Porter. He got a lot more out of his given talent than did Porter. Too bad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:28 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I think Greene understands technique MUCH better than Porter. He got a lot more out of his given talent than did Porter. Too bad.

I did jump the gun on Watt- it's early- he may simply have hit the rookie wall.

But Porter's track record is unimpressive.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:33 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I did jump the gun on Watt- it's early- he may simply have hit the rookie wall.

But Porter's track record is unimpressive.

Let's hope that Watt relies more on tips/techinques from his brother than Porter :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:37 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

you might be on to something with the development of our OLBs under Peezys tutelage, however the fact that Jervis didn't catch on anywhere else leads me to believe the issue is in the scouting of OLBs and what it is we're looking for, id be all for showing porter the door AND getting some new eyes on the drafts OLBs prospects just to cover all our bases, because I think we'd all agree something is amiss with our OLBs. I rarely disagree with FC but I still think Watt turns into a stud.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:04 pm 

Quote:
Porter's track record is unimpressive.

But he’s buddies with Tomlin so going nowhere. Likely has a job as long as T does....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:41 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
Porter's track record is unimpressive.

But he’s buddies with Tomlin so going nowhere. Likely has a job as long as T does....

Sad...but true.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:30 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

You don't know shit about what Porter does or doesn't do as a position coach........Vince Lombardi couldn't have turned Jervis into an all-pro Raw talent???? soft, slow, and weak........hows that for talent.......Get rid of Porter and get a better defense????? for christs sake..... :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next