It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16099
Jeemie, Jeemie, Jeemie.

Head Coaches choose top level strategy, Coordinators execute that strategy.

Belichick might have suggested they blitz, but Matt Patricia dialed up the D. Tomlin might have dictated how he wanted the endgame played, but Todd Haley and Richard Mann chose the personnel. You want to know who really outsmarted whom, it starts at the top: one owner hired guys who can be trusted to execute the strategies of the HC and be subservient to him, the other made a nepotism hire of a guy who doesn't really fit the personnel he's given or doesn't want to make the most of it.

Now, if Martavis isn't out there the next time the Steelers are in this situation... you can blame the HC for not making it clear that it's unacceptable.

As to that 2nd down play call and Bell not chipping-- Bell is my primary receiving option with AB and Bryant on the sideline. I can't believe he was in the backfield at all. Just a shitty play call and wrong personnel. It makes a case for not using the TO after JuJu's catch. If Ben had come to the line, seen the blitz coming, and had a TO... he's calling it there.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22970
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie, Jeemie, Jeemie.

Head Coaches choose top level strategy, Coordinators execute that strategy.

Belichick might have suggested they blitz, but Matt Patricia dialed up the D. Tomlin might have dictated how he wanted the endgame played, but Todd Haley and Richard Mann chose the personnel. You want to know who really outsmarted whom, it starts at the top: one owner hired guys who can be trusted to execute the strategies of the HC and be subservient to him, the other made a nepotism hire of a guy who doesn't really fit the personnel he's given or doesn't want to make the most of it.

Now, if Martavis isn't out there the next time the Steelers are in this situation... you can blame the HC for not making it clear that it's unacceptable.

As to that 2nd down play call and Bell not chipping-- Bell is my primary receiving option with AB and Bryant on the sideline. I can't believe he was in the backfield at all. Just a shitty play call and wrong personnel. It makes a case for not using the TO after JuJu's catch. If Ben had come to the line, seen the blitz coming, and had a TO... he's calling it there.


We’ve seen this Cowboy and Dead Indian show plenty of times by now. If Mike Tomlin hasn’t made his vision clear to Todd Haley by now...he never will. The buck stops with him.

And no...rushing down the field and saving the timeout would still be stupid...even dumber to say “I’m going to save my timeout and have one less shot for a score because my coaches are stupid”.

The solution is to mother fucking STOP BEING SO STUPID.

And finally, you miss my larger point. Tomlin had a chance to prevent second and goal by continuing to be aggressive earlier in the fourth quarter. As they stepped into the fourth quarter, all Mike had to say was one thing “Todd...do NOT take your foot off the gas”.

Second and goal happened BECAUSE second and 23 happened...is what I’m trying to say.

Stop trying to absolve Tomlin. Just stop it.

We see what we see week in and week out BECAUSE of him.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7286
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie, Jeemie, Jeemie.

Head Coaches choose top level strategy, Coordinators execute that strategy.

Belichick might have suggested they blitz, but Matt Patricia dialed up the D. Tomlin might have dictated how he wanted the endgame played, but Todd Haley and Richard Mann chose the personnel. You want to know who really outsmarted whom, it starts at the top: one owner hired guys who can be trusted to execute the strategies of the HC and be subservient to him, the other made a nepotism hire of a guy who doesn't really fit the personnel he's given or doesn't want to make the most of it.

Now, if Martavis isn't out there the next time the Steelers are in this situation... you can blame the HC for not making it clear that it's unacceptable.

As to that 2nd down play call and Bell not chipping-- Bell is my primary receiving option with AB and Bryant on the sideline. I can't believe he was in the backfield at all. Just a shitty play call and wrong personnel. It makes a case for not using the TO after JuJu's catch. If Ben had come to the line, seen the blitz coming, and had a TO... he's calling it there.


Ben...stuck with the personnel he has there, couldn't have changed the play at the line? Serious question.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22970
swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie, Jeemie, Jeemie.

Head Coaches choose top level strategy, Coordinators execute that strategy.

Belichick might have suggested they blitz, but Matt Patricia dialed up the D. Tomlin might have dictated how he wanted the endgame played, but Todd Haley and Richard Mann chose the personnel. You want to know who really outsmarted whom, it starts at the top: one owner hired guys who can be trusted to execute the strategies of the HC and be subservient to him, the other made a nepotism hire of a guy who doesn't really fit the personnel he's given or doesn't want to make the most of it.

Now, if Martavis isn't out there the next time the Steelers are in this situation... you can blame the HC for not making it clear that it's unacceptable.

As to that 2nd down play call and Bell not chipping-- Bell is my primary receiving option with AB and Bryant on the sideline. I can't believe he was in the backfield at all. Just a shitty play call and wrong personnel. It makes a case for not using the TO after JuJu's catch. If Ben had come to the line, seen the blitz coming, and had a TO... he's calling it there.


Ben...stuck with the personnel he has there, couldn't have changed the play at the line? Serious question.


That was my “question” too, even not phrased as such.

Could Bell have not picked up the blitz and then gone out? A simple change like that?

Even if not- I agree whatever play was called doesn’t feel like their best play in that spot, especially if it’s so inflexible it can’t be changed up, but I think we can all agree Ben threw an ill-advised pass to DHB. DHB is fast, but he was inside the numbers, he has to hold up a half second to secure the pass, and Malcolm Butler is one fast mofo himself who has to do no such holding up.

Ben needed to toss that away...period.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16099
Quote:
And finally, you miss my larger point. Tomlin had a chance to prevent second and goal by continuing to be aggressive earlier in the fourth quarter. As they stepped into the fourth quarter, all Mike had to say was one thing “Todd...do NOT take your foot off the gas”.

We agree on this.

And I think Ben had too much faith in DHB getting out of bounds and also didn't make a 10/10 throw... but I actually thought DHB would get OOB when the ball was thrown, so I guess I understand the thought. In general, I didn't like the play call and personnel on the 2nd down play. The whole game felt so Haley compared to the past few weeks. Ben was doing almost no hard counts or line adjustments the way he has been doing. Could be that they were avoiding hand signals and audibles b/c of Ernie et al?

To me, these were much bigger issues than the playcall or throw on 3rd down.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 790
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I am so angry at that motherfucker. I’m going to throw a bag of garbage on him if I run into him here in the south hills.


So you're the guy that dumped trash on Maddox's lawn.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16099
Miter Saw wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I am so angry at that motherfucker. I’m going to throw a bag of garbage on him if I run into him here in the south hills.


So you're the guy that dumped trash on Maddox's lawn.

I don't blame Maddox at all. Haley, on the other hand...

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:48 pm
Posts: 597
We have a Christmas dinner to attend starting at 4...I'm about to find out how good streaming on the phone is. :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 am
Posts: 445
Good start so far


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group