It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E17 PIT @ HOU THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:44 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Haley just did his Thursday interview and apparently threw Ben under the bus. Transcript to follow.

Only thing I saw was that they weren’t prepared for the Pats to bring six, turning them hot, he would never question Ben thinking DHB could get OOB, and DHB was instructed to drop the pass if he didn’t think he could get OOB (DHB later said he wouldn’t do anything differently than he did).

Oh...and Martavis wasn’t on the field for the second down play because the play they called...he hadn’t practiced. I think that’s utterly ridiculous...call a damn play your best guys have run before. Jesus!

At any rate, it looks like Belichick got the upper hand yet again because he sent six rushers on the second down play for the first time all game, and that disrupted everything. Dude always keeps the opposing teams guessing.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1712210146

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:48 pm 

Here’s the Trib version of the interview.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/130 ... s-patriots

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:24 pm 

Don’t really see any under the bus throwing in that article...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:00 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Don’t really see any under the bus throwing in that article...

Was more the headline and the"that pass can't be thrown inbounds"

Actually, after reading the whole thing, the non-use of Martavis is the biggest takeaway. Something i realized: not only was Bryant not in there for the 2nd or 3rd down... he wasn't in the game on 1st down and goal!!! He's pictured on the sideline when James scores.

I mean, what in the actual fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 am 

What in God's name were you trying to put in the img tags, B2B? :D

Bryant was on the sideline a LOT in the second half.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 am 

Jeemie wrote:

That entire last series. It's shockingly unbelievable. It's WTF territory.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:31 am 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
As far as Haley not calling a play, I think in actual fact his playcall was to stfu and have Ben bail us/me out again. Didn't work out, if that's AB instead of Rogers, Ben probably throws the fad to AB for the win, just my opinion.

Imagine if they had had the sense to put Martavis Bryant out on the field on second down.

But why would you want a 6' 4" receiver who's caught the fade before in a playoff game and who had come up huge in the second half on the field for the deciding plays? That's just silly of me!

agree on that Jeems

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:34 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

That entire last series. It's shockingly unbelievable. It's WTF territory.

I want to know from Todd Haley how he decided that one of his best goal line plays would be one that didn’t include Martavis Bryant.

I’m sure the play he called was fabulous if Antonio Brown is in the game, but Antonio WASN’T in the game so ADAPT.

And by “adapt”, I don’t mean “sub in DHB for Brown and never use Bryant”.

He had three and a half minutes to come up with a second down play, and the one he chose didn’t include Martavis?

What was the third down play you were going to call that would have included Martavis, Todd?

Maybe you should have called THAT ONE ON SECOND DOWN!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 am 

The take I got on that was that love him or hate him, Bill Belichick is a master coach.

Brilliant move to send the house on second down. He had to know the Steelers were probably not very focused at that point...that they had to be shocked at the replay reversal...so he chose that time to force the issue by making the Steelers go hot.

Wonder what Ben was seeing pre-snap...had he changed the protections to have Bell chip the sixth rusher before he went out into the pattern...that play might have developed better.

The guy who pressured Ben roared right past Bell.

That playcall right there epitomizes the difference between Belichick and Tomlin.

Mike Tomlin was pussyfooting around with Jerald Hawkins and Fitzgerald Touissaint, and left his 6’4” WR on the bench at the critical juncture of the game.

Bill Belichick said “win or lose, I’m going to force them to make a quick decision by being aggressive. I like my chances”.

That’s why Mike Tomlin is Bill Belichick’s bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:47 am 

Jeemie wrote:
The take I got on that was that love him or hate him, Bill Belichick is a master coach.

Brilliant move to send the house on second down. He had to know the Steelers were probably not very focused at that point...that they had to be shocked at the replay reversal...so he chose that time to force the issue by making the Steelers go hot.

Wonder what Ben was seeing pre-snap...had he changed the protections to have Bell chip the sixth rusher before he went out into the pattern...that play might have developed better.

The guy who pressured Ben roared right past Bell.

That playcall right there epitomizes the difference between Belichick and Tomlin.

Mike Tomlin was pussyfooting around with Jerald Hawkins and Fitzgerald Touissaint, and left his 6’4” WR on the bench at the critical juncture of the game.

Bill Belichick said “win or lose, I’m going to force them to make a quick decision by being aggressive. I like my chances”.

That’s why Mike Tomlin is Bill Belichick’s bitch.

We discussed this on another OP, Jeems. Had Bell stayed in, to have six blockers on six, Ben would have had more options than just DHB.

If you remember, on the telecast as the Pats were lining up, Romo commented that they were showing blitz and that they (the Pats, I think he meant), needed to "get out of it."