It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Picture is worth a 1000 words?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm 

bigfame wrote:
What I don't understand is that once the Nose of the Ball crosses the Endzone Line (Plane) it's a TOUCHDOWN. JJ had the ball firmly in his hands when the ball crossed the plane of the Endzone line. This should have been ruled a TD based solely on this alone. If a player has the ball and it crosses the line it's a TD even if the ball is smacked out of their hand as soon as they are in the endzone. This was a HORRENDOUS call that cost us the game.

That would be common sense, right?

Wrong, the NFL has different rules for a receiver. He apparently must tuck it under his arm like a loaf of bread, and run 10 yards before he is safe from this asinine ground rule!

Like a million people said, he survived initial contact with the knee, then made an OBVIOUS football move to extend it and score.

Fuck its not even like the ball popped out and squirted out of the endzone,,,,,,,,,it Fucking WIGGLED!!!! WIGGLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by R S on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
if the roles were reversed and that was Gronk..you guys know you'd be losing your shit saying that ball 100% hit the ground.

and we'd be doing that because... THEY WOULD HAVE RULED IT A TD. Book it.

:lol: Probably right, ill grant you that.

We don't know that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:08 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
if the roles were reversed and that was Gronk..you guys know you'd be losing your shit saying that ball 100% hit the ground.

Bullshit......I like every other sane person that has watched football for more than 3 years would say that was undoubtedly a touchdown. Just like the entire bench of Patriot player and coaches who didn't bat an eye when the score happened.

I'd have been happy the Steelers won, but I sure as fuck would have admitted the Pats got jobbed.

And blaming Jesse James from the couch for making a clutch catch and getting the ball across the plane is bullshit. He did what he had to do and that was a fucking touchdown.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 pm 

R S wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Bullshit......I like every other sane person that has watched football for more than 3 years would say that was undoubtedly a touchdown. Just like the entire bench of Patriot player and coaches who didn't bat an eye when the score happened.

I'd have been happy the Steelers won, but I sure as fuck would have admitted the Pats got jobbed.

And blaming Jesse James from the couch for making a clutch catch and getting the ball across the plane is bullshit. He did what he had to do and that was a fucking touchdown.

a stupidly worded rule that was called correctly. And ya JJ fucked up, that was as easy a throw as you'll get in the nfl..he fucked it up, plain and simple.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:13 am 

They got the call right. A real tight end scores easily without having to flail around.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:44 am 

43, we know you have an anti-PSU agenda. From watching the tape. James knew exactly were he was and in my opinion he made a conscious effort to catch the ball, get down and get it in the endzone as fast as possible avoiding a hit or contact. A shitty rule ruined a good plan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 am 

R S wrote:
43, we know you have an anti-PSU agenda. From watching the tape. James knew exactly were he was and in my opinion he made a conscious effort to catch the ball, get down and get it in the endzone as fast as possible avoiding a hit or contact. A shitty rule ruined a good plan.

Anyone with an ounce of athleticism catches the ball without falling down.

I would fall down.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 pm 

I hope they never throw this cocksucker another ball again in a situation that big.

Wide the fuck open and the fucking turd DOES THAT.

I'll bet you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7