It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 pm 

Coach Priatko's response to my email to him. The reference to Tom is Tom Stabile, who served as an NFL Head Linesman for 20 years:

Dave,

Let it go. Yes, it was a tough loss but it was an incomplete pass. It’s the rule, whether we like it or not. My buddy who just retired as an NFL head linesman and now evaluates officials at a game every Sunday called me yesterday and I said, “ Tom was it the right call?” Tom said, “absolutely, it was an incomplete pass.” Tom was at the game, in the booth upstairs. He said the moment he saw the replay, he said, “ the TD call will be reversed, it was incomplete.” He said the ball conclusively hit the ground and it’s a no catch, according to the rule. James put one hand under the ball, after it hit the ground.” He said people don’t understand because they don’t know the game, or they can’t stand New England and they will look for reasons why it was a good catch.” “Some people who don’t know the game, etc. think that because the ball was over the plane, it is a TD. They don’t understand that the rule for a run is different than a rule for a pass.” Tom told me he was in the official’s room, after the game and the official said to him that he went over to Tomlin while the play was being reviewed and told Tomlin that the TD may be over ruled. That’s more of a reason why he and Haley had more time to decide what to do. Tomlin apparently wasn’t telling the truth when he was quoted in the paper as saying, “ I didn’t think that an option was to over turn the TD.” Of course Tomlin did say, I thought they might put the ball on the one yard line. My NFL official friend said, that couldn’t be an option because nobody touched James when he went down on one knee The game wasn’t stolen Dave, it was a tough, tough play to take that was called correctly and was painful to take. Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher and Dick Hoak, all long time Steelers ( I had told you this) all said, “ the pass was incomplete.” Ben said the same thing after the game and then two days later, slightly was less conclusive because he could hear some of the fans moaning and he didn’t want to contest their thoughts.

Dave, the bottom line is, in reality, the game was lost, after the pass was over turned. The coaches and Ben blew it. They had the Patriots on their heels and they lost their composure. How could you not have Bryant in the game at the end??? Like you say, running a practice squad runner on 3rd and 23 We are up by eight points in the last quarter. We are ahead with a little over two minutes to go and Brady takes them 81 yards to a TD. I had mentioned that Bryant’s TD one handed catch was blatant offensive pass interference, when he clearly grabbed and shoved off the DB with his other arm. Tony Romo said, “ oh boy they got away with that no call.” There is no suspense at the end of the game if they make that call. There were other plays, on both sides that could have changed the game’s outcome, Dave. It’s the NFL. Attendance is down this year, in the millions. Wonder why!!!

It’s not over yet, that’s for sure. Number one the Pats have to beat the Bills and Jets and that is no given. There could be a surprise game or team that emerges. We’ll see, Dave.

God Bless,

Bill

Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 pm 

lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm 

So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm 

Honestly, Zeke....I had the same reaction first time I saw the replay....knew it was being reversed. I couldn't believe it took the announcing crew so long to realize what was happening.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 pm 

Wait...Coach Priatko said Bryant committed OFFENSIVE pass interfence on his TD where he was held by one arm?

Really?

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 pm 

I hate getting old.

Time sucks, but you have to accept it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 pm 

Take another look

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 pm 

Had to look at Bryant’s TD again.

I don’t know what Coach P saw, Swiss, but Bryant most assuredly did NOT push off.

You can watch it yourself. Bryant was held the whole way. Maybe Coach P saw him jerk himself free, but there was NO OPI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmEWocD6yOU

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Last edited by Jeemie on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 pm 

I've not looked at it again yet. Primarily wanted to note Tom stabile's take on the James play, as well as the stuff on Tomlin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.

Dude you keep saying that, but it’s how the no catch rule has been consistently interpreted by the officials.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next