It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Coach Priatko's response to my email to him. The reference to Tom is Tom Stabile, who served as an NFL Head Linesman for 20 years:

Dave,

Let it go. Yes, it was a tough loss but it was an incomplete pass. It’s the rule, whether we like it or not. My buddy who just retired as an NFL head linesman and now evaluates officials at a game every Sunday called me yesterday and I said, “ Tom was it the right call?” Tom said, “absolutely, it was an incomplete pass.” Tom was at the game, in the booth upstairs. He said the moment he saw the replay, he said, “ the TD call will be reversed, it was incomplete.” He said the ball conclusively hit the ground and it’s a no catch, according to the rule. James put one hand under the ball, after it hit the ground.” He said people don’t understand because they don’t know the game, or they can’t stand New England and they will look for reasons why it was a good catch.” “Some people who don’t know the game, etc. think that because the ball was over the plane, it is a TD. They don’t understand that the rule for a run is different than a rule for a pass.” Tom told me he was in the official’s room, after the game and the official said to him that he went over to Tomlin while the play was being reviewed and told Tomlin that the TD may be over ruled. That’s more of a reason why he and Haley had more time to decide what to do. Tomlin apparently wasn’t telling the truth when he was quoted in the paper as saying, “ I didn’t think that an option was to over turn the TD.” Of course Tomlin did say, I thought they might put the ball on the one yard line. My NFL official friend said, that couldn’t be an option because nobody touched James when he went down on one knee The game wasn’t stolen Dave, it was a tough, tough play to take that was called correctly and was painful to take. Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher and Dick Hoak, all long time Steelers ( I had told you this) all said, “ the pass was incomplete.” Ben said the same thing after the game and then two days later, slightly was less conclusive because he could hear some of the fans moaning and he didn’t want to contest their thoughts.

Dave, the bottom line is, in reality, the game was lost, after the pass was over turned. The coaches and Ben blew it. They had the Patriots on their heels and they lost their composure. How could you not have Bryant in the game at the end??? Like you say, running a practice squad runner on 3rd and 23 We are up by eight points in the last quarter. We are ahead with a little over two minutes to go and Brady takes them 81 yards to a TD. I had mentioned that Bryant’s TD one handed catch was blatant offensive pass interference, when he clearly grabbed and shoved off the DB with his other arm. Tony Romo said, “ oh boy they got away with that no call.” There is no suspense at the end of the game if they make that call. There were other plays, on both sides that could have changed the game’s outcome, Dave. It’s the NFL. Attendance is down this year, in the millions. Wonder why!!!

It’s not over yet, that’s for sure. Number one the Pats have to beat the Bills and Jets and that is no given. There could be a surprise game or team that emerges. We’ll see, Dave.

God Bless,

Bill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2409
lol

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2223
So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Honestly, Zeke....I had the same reaction first time I saw the replay....knew it was being reversed. I couldn't believe it took the announcing crew so long to realize what was happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Wait...Coach Priatko said Bryant committed OFFENSIVE pass interfence on his TD where he was held by one arm?

Really?

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6338
I hate getting old.

Time sucks, but you have to accept it.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Take another look


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Had to look at Bryant’s TD again.

I don’t know what Coach P saw, Swiss, but Bryant most assuredly did NOT push off.

You can watch it yourself. Bryant was held the whole way. Maybe Coach P saw him jerk himself free, but there was NO OPI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmEWocD6yOU

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Last edited by Jeemie on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
I've not looked at it again yet. Primarily wanted to note Tom stabile's take on the James play, as well as the stuff on Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Zeke5123 wrote:
So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.


Dude you keep saying that, but it’s how the no catch rule has been consistently interpreted by the officials.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Oh and not liking it if Mike Tomlin lied in his presser. That would means he knows he fucked up the end game sequence and doesn’t want to admit it.

I don’t mean he has to confess to screwing up in the presser, but neither does he have to lie about it. Lying would indicate a desire not to be honest with himself that he and his staff screwed this up.

I will say, on Inside the NFL, we do see an official on the sideline clearly telling the Steelers that the play might be ruled and incomplete pass...but he’s telling it to Joey Porter. But he did tell it to the Steelers, so Tom’s story may very well be true.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2223
Jeemie wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.


Dude you keep saying that, but it’s how the no catch rule has been consistently interpreted by the officials.


You keep not reading. You state there is a standard the NFL applies. Yet you have not shown an example that contradicts my point. Yes, you say I’m nit picking. However, I’m nit picking in the pertinent way — by focusing on a football move. Why I’m focusing on this is that the rules distinguish a receiver from a runner based on a football move. Until you can show the NFL consistently ignores a football move after successfully going to the ground on initial contact, then your point is hollow.

And let’s say you are right. What that means is that the NFL has a public rule that it enforces incorrectly. Not only is that fucked up, it enforces the rule in a manner that goes against common sense. That is insane!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1451
Once you go down the rabbit hole there’s truly no way back. This was the biggest game of the year and the game winning play. If the refs on the field got it wrong an honest question why would you ever believe them?

I mean picture trying to explain this game to someone who doesn’t understand it with the refs decision can be wrong any given play and may require intervention from “HQ” to set thing right.

Ha. Lmao at the NFL. I love the Steelers. NFL can jump off a cliff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Zeke5123 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.


Dude you keep saying that, but it’s how the no catch rule has been consistently interpreted by the officials.


You keep not reading. You state there is a standard the NFL applies. Yet you have not shown an example that contradicts my point. Yes, you say I’m nit picking. However, I’m nit picking in the pertinent way — by focusing on a football move. Why I’m focusing on this is that the rules distinguish a receiver from a runner based on a football move. Until you can show the NFL consistently ignores a football move after successfully going to the ground on initial contact, then your point is hollow.

And let’s say you are right. What that means is that the NFL has a public rule that it enforces incorrectly. Not only is that fucked up, it enforces the rule in a manner that goes against common sense. That is insane!


I’m saying they don’t call the stretch out with the football a “football move”. Sure, they may be wrong...I certainly think they are...but they don’t call it that and never have.

So even if it’s “wrong” by the letter of the law, at least it’s called consistently, and the players know how it will be called...or should know.

The only way to stop it is to get the NFL to call a stretch out after initial touchdown a “football move”.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 910
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16358
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.

Stabile is out and out wrong that James put his hand under it after it hit the ground. His right hand never moved away from the ball.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.

Stabile is out and out wrong that James put his hand under it after it hit the ground. His right hand never moved away from the ball.


Ball definitely made contact with the ground, right? Only question was whether James maintained control throughout.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16358
swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.

Stabile is out and out wrong that James put his hand under it after it hit the ground. His right hand never moved away from the ball.


Ball definitely made contact with the ground, right? Only question was whether James maintained control throughout.

No, it did not definitely make contact with the ground. You can presume that it did, but there is no video evidence that it did and the possibility exists, even if slim, that the ball spun on top of James's fingers.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2223
Jeemie wrote:
So the NFL’s head linesman can’t read and comprehend basic words. That explains a lot actually. What an embarrassment.


Dude you keep saying that, but it’s how the no catch rule has been consistently interpreted by the officials.

You keep not reading. You state there is a standard the NFL applies. Yet you have not shown an example that contradicts my point. Yes, you say I’m nit picking. However, I’m nit picking in the pertinent way — by focusing on a football move. Why I’m focusing on this is that the rules distinguish a receiver from a runner based on a football move. Until you can show the NFL consistently ignores a football move after successfully going to the ground on initial contact, then your point is hollow.

And let’s say you are right. What that means is that the NFL has a public rule that it enforces incorrectly. Not only is that fucked up, it enforces the rule in a manner that goes against common sense. That is insane!

I’m saying they don’t call the stretch out with the football a “football move”. Sure, they may be wrong...I certainly think they are...but they don’t call it that and never have.

So even if it’s “wrong” by the letter of the law, at least it’s called consistently, and the players know how it will be called...or should know.

The only way to stop it is to get the NFL to call a stretch out after initial touchdown a “football move”.[/quote]

You keep not reading. Seriously. Try it. I’m not saying the stretch by itself is the football move; it’s the change of direction; push off, and the stretch. You keep fighting imaginary arguments. Those differences are what distinguishes it from Dez and Co.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Zeke5123 wrote:
You keep not reading. You state there is a standard the NFL applies. Yet you have not shown an example that contradicts my point. Yes, you say I’m nit picking. However, I’m nit picking in the pertinent way — by focusing on a football move. Why You keep not reading. Seriously. Try it. I’m not saying the stretch by itself is the football move; it’s the change of direction; push off, and the stretch. You keep fighting imaginary arguments. Those differences are what distinguishes it from Dez and Co.


Fine. Those extra moves mean nothing. James could flip over in the air five times and the refs would STILL consider “surviving the ground” not to be completed until he was completely down on the ground....i.e. falling down is complete. YOU think the tuck and then change of direction/stretch constitutes a move. I think so too...the NFL does NOT. Never has.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.


Like I said, Bryant jerked himself away from the defender’s grasp to get into position to make the catch. I suppose it might look to someone that he was pushing off, but he was actually PULLING himself free.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9103
Jeemie wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.


Like I said, Bryant jerked himself away from the defender’s grasp to get into position to make the catch. I suppose it might look to someone that he was pushing off, but he was actually PULLING himself free.




I think the defender grabbed first but if you look closer at it Bryant does grab a hold of the defenders arm for a good little while.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
ILl get a few photos up

Jesse lost the ball on his forearm as it spun, but that rollup occurred but his other hand was always under the ball cushioning it from the ground. His hand was cradling

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1751
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

:lol:

I think Coach P and his buddies are making up some of their own facts. SAD!

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:19 am
Posts: 266
Miter Saw wrote:
Tom stabile must've saw the footage from worm-cam that hasn't been released yet which clearly shows the ball on the ground.

Still haven't seen a shot yet of ball on grass but it was enough evidence somehow to overturn a call.

All good. I'm over it.

The Bryant TD was blatantly DPI, not OPI. Honestly don't know how anyone can say it was "blatant pass interference" on Bryant. Live, I thought it might be. Replay was clear otherwise. Maybe coach p took a leak and missed replay.


Agreed.

Nearly everyone is letting their mind fill in blanks instead of just going with the reality of what their eyes are actually seeing.

Statements that are blatantly wrong:
- "the ball conclusively hitting the ground" - No footage of this has ever been show. The reason I know is if a conclusive shot existed it would be plastered everywhere.
- "Martavis's blatant offensive pass interference" - Boggles my mind how anyone with the resume this guy has sees Bryant as the offender. You can watch that play until your eyes bleed and its still gonna be the DB holding onto Martavis.
- "the NFLs attendance has been down millions" - Even if you include the teams that switched cities attendance isn't down millions. Back those numbers out and attendance is actually slightly up this year. Maybe he meant viewership, I don't know I gave up.

I mean I respect anyone's right to an opinion but those are pretty glaring untruths. Too many to not just scrap the entire thing.

I too am over it mainly because bitching won't change anything and also because I believe (assuming AB will actually be able to play) that we can take it to them even in Foxboro. Hell, I'm actually dumb enough to think there is a realistic chance the Championship game gets played at Heinz.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jewelsongs and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group