It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coach Priatko's take on Steelers-Pats
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:
That picture show three fingers are not under the ball.

The human hand has five fingers.

Even the Simpsons' cartoon hand has four.

Again, this is not conclusive proof.

Exactly. 43 always pushing a narrative. The point of this exercise is they didn't have conclusive proof to overturn the call on the field.

We should be 13-2 right now

I never said they had conclusive proof on the replay.

I just said they ended up getting the call right.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 pm 

Even the pic you posted is inconclusive because you can't see the ring and pinky fingers. You are guessing they weren't underneath the ball. The only way for it to be conclusive would be to have a shot from the side angle a few milliseconds before the pic I posted. Then you could see for sure if his fingers were under the ball. Remember, conclusive means irrefutable (ie. 100% sure). That is the standard to overturn.

The very fact that we are using additional tools from photographers to try to decipher this more than a week later shows just how inconclusive it was. Riveron had to essentially GUESS and ASSUME the ball hit the ground because it moved.

I have a big problem with that, but right now there is nothing we can do. The Steelers are livid and playing with a chip on their shoulder. That's a good thing for all of us.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:17 pm 

It doesn't matter if his ring and pinky fingers were underneath the ball because there is no way he has control of the ball in that situation.

And I'm not arguing that there is conclusive evidence on the replay. I just can't get too upset because he did drop it.

Ben threw him a perfect pass to score a TD with and he blew it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:21 pm 

fortythree wrote:
It doesn't matter if his ring and pinky fingers were underneath the ball because there is no way he has control of the ball in that situation.

And I'm not arguing that there is conclusive evidence on the replay. I just can't get too upset because he did drop it.

He definitely had possession outside the end zone when he caught the ball and became a runner though, even his knee was down before the goal line as he brought it into his chest BEFORE he reached for a touchdown as a RUNNER.

The NFL has this all wrong by their own definition of a completion.

Fuckface Riveron even says the word “COMPLETION” in his dumb attempt to clear things up

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:29 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
fortythree wrote:

He definitely had possession outside the end zone when he caught the ball and became a runner though, even his knee was down before the goal line as he brought it into his chest BEFORE he reached for a touchdown as a RUNNER.

Fuckface Riveron even says the word “COMPLETION” in his dumb attempt to clear things up

He did not become a runner. He was falling down and has to maintain possession the entire way. He doesnt.

That's an incompletion anywhere on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:33 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Unfortunately, the NFL has never defined making a move with the football (stretching out, etc) as something that establishes a receiver as a runner.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 pm 

fortythree wrote:

Sure it does. If his finger (even his pinky) is underneath the ball he maintains possession.

You are stating that it's your opinion that he lost possession of the ball. It may even be mine.

But it is NOT CONCLUSIVE. It's conjecture. And that is NOT the letter of the law.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:33 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Sure it does. If his finger (even his pinky) is underneath the ball he maintains possession.

Lol that's not how it works.

Quote:
You are stating that it's your opinion that he lost possession of the ball. It may even be mine.

But it is NOT CONCLUSIVE. It's conjecture. And that is NOT the letter of the law.

Doesn't get any more conclusive than the pic I posted of the ball laying on the fucking ground, my dude.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:38 pm 

fortythree wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Lol that's not how it works.

Sure is.

Quote:

Doesn't get any more conclusive than the pic I posted of the ball laying on the fucking ground, my dude.

If he has a finger under the ball, it's not lying on the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:45 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:

If he has a finger under the ball, it's not lying on the ground.

Sure it is. But he also has to have control. And he doesnt. Which is obvious to anyone looking at the picture I posted who isn't looking for excuses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next