It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Shazier's dad: Son is improving.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:02 am 

The way the info is coming out,,,,,,,it really makes you think he's gonna have some long term issues. Maybe not wheelchair bound issues, but issues nonetheless. :|

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 am 

R S wrote:
The way the info is coming out,,,,,,,it really makes you think he's gonna have some long term issues. Maybe not wheelchair bound issues, but issues nonetheless. :|

Beginning to be my fear as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:22 pm 

Visited the Steeler complex in a wheelchair

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan ... ssion=true

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:23 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Any adult who uses the word retard has an IQ below 70.

So using the word "retard" offends you, but not saying "God took their legs" about someone who can't walk?

None of you dimwits could offend me, lol.

Simply pointing out the stupidity of an adult who doesn't have a better reply than that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:33 pm 

The bottom line is he's unable to walk and a rather invasive surgery was performed.

The guy won't play professional football again, at least at the level he was once able to. He will be lucky to regain complete functionality of his legs/back. RE: God. God was created to keep the ignorant masses under control. You believed in whatever God or Gods your King, Leader, etc told you to. Nowadays you believe in whatever God you are raised to, and some people are intelligent enough to realize how unlikely it is for any God to exist. Saying "prove God doesn't exist" is silly and flawed, because there's never been any evidence of a God. It's the same as if I asked someone to prove the existence of bigfoot or another mythical beast.

You can't and don't have to prove that such a thing exists because there is zero evidence supporting it. People used to worship fire, rain, etc because they were unable to comprehend their existence. If anyone cares to have the discussion without crying like a little baby, send a PM.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:26 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Any adult who uses the word retard has an IQ below 70.

So using the word "retard" offends you, but not saying "God took their legs" about someone who can't walk?

None of you dimwits could offend me, lol.

Simply pointing out the stupidity of an adult who doesn't have a better reply than that.

Dimwits and moron = okay, but retards is terrible. Got it. Thanks for the update dipshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:37 pm 

Using the word to mean "stupid" or "dumbass" is actually pretty offensive. The Best Buddies chapter at our school (couple students asked me to come on as faculty advisor about 8 years ago, and it's been a rewarding experience to say the least) has done a really good job changing our culture to the point where our students don't use it in the incorrect and frankly bigoted manner very much anymore if at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:48 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
The bottom line is he's unable to walk and a rather invasive surgery was performed.

The guy won't play professional football again, at least at the level he was once able to. He will be lucky to regain complete functionality of his legs/back. RE: God. God was created to keep the ignorant masses under control. You believed in whatever God or Gods your King, Leader, etc told you to. Nowadays you believe in whatever God you are raised to, and some people are intelligent enough to realize how unlikely it is for any God to exist. Saying "prove God doesn't exist" is silly and flawed, because there's never been any evidence of a God. It's the same as if I asked someone to prove the existence of bigfoot or another mythical beast.

You can't and don't have to prove that such a thing exists because there is zero evidence supporting it. People used to worship fire, rain, etc because they were unable to comprehend their existence. If anyone cares to have the discussion without crying like a little baby, send a PM.

I think that life is difficult, and everyone arbitrarily chooses the religious beliefs that give them comfort. I think that you are comforted by atheism and the idea that there is no god, so that's what you've embraced, but you don't KNOW there isn't a god. My original objection isn't to your atheism, I couldn't care less what you believe or don't believe, but to the insensitivity. Acting like you know better than others and seeking to push your beliefs on others is not a good look. I don't like it when fundie Christians do it either. Don't be a fundie atheist. And if the Shazier family was comforted by praying to Santa Claus or Batman or Frodo Baggins that they would come and heal Ryan, WTF do you care?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:57 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:

I'm sure people will be lining up for an intelligent, thoughtful conversation with you about religion Codester. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 am 

Remember when everyone here hated the Shazier draft pick, criticized his build, complained about his wrist circumstance, bitched about him always being hurt, wanted him to play safety and called him Shazpussy?

Yeah we’ll, you’re all a bunch of hypocritical assholes!

Empty gestures aside, the kid was a great player and I just hope dude walks again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8