Age 22

REC YDS TD
36 373 1 Kittle
09 131 1 McDonald
41 363 3 James

Kittle highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOsYyvl5vUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI23kDvnAlw

Kittle is athletic, good hands. Don't know about his blocking. Appears like the mistake they made with L Greene they repeated with McDonald. That takes skill, not quite as much skill as losing to the Patriots twice in the same game. Kittle, until recently had 2nd 3rd string QBs throwing him the ball. He went from 5th round to replacing McDonald and we got the spoils, 2nd year in a row. He's outperforming McDonald, 36 catches almost as many at James and one TD, same as McDonald.

Dobbs will contribute nothing this year, drawing more salary than Kittle. Why we drafted a QB who serves no purpose in year we contend while ignoring a position of need from a guy who could have contributed was a mistake. If Dobbs was a steal and the future QB then drafting him while ignoring that position of need is understandable. But he's not that gem; he a great kid that can't throw a short pass, doesn't have touch or see the middle of the field, lives by his legs and the long ball. Running QB's don't last.

Tomlin falls in love with foot speed.

Post subject: Re: 4th Round 2017 Draft
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 pm 

If you think this is bad, check out what the Steelers did in the 6th round of the 2006 draft.

Fucking cheap ass Rooney's. Fucking Tombert.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 pm 

6th round this year. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm 

Kevin Colbert just had a league high 8 guys named to the Pro Bowl and should have had 9 with Cam Heyward. Not a single one of those guys were a top 10 pick in the draft, from first and second rounders to the sixth round and two undrafted players. He signed Joe Haden who damn near everyone on this board thought was done as a quality player and now that guy is a key leader on the D and a key piece to a possible SB run. Drafted Le'veon Bell in the second round when hardly no one here wanted him before the late third or fourth, and especially not over Fat Eddie Lacy. Signed Antonio Brown to an early contract extension when the rest of the world was pining for superstar Mike Wallace to get re-signed and he blossomed into the best WR in football.

He basically has dragged his old balls up and down this board’s face for years now. But I wish nothing but the best for George Kittle. 8-)

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:40 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:
6th round this year. 8-)

3d round comp pick this year.

Samjae Perine, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Gallman, Tarik Cohen, Elijah McGuire, Marlon Mack, Chris Carson

All taken after Connor.

I would submit that Tarik Cohen is a better pass protector, a better receiver, a similar runner in terms of effectiveness, and he's a great return guy. I'll be shocked if Conner has a better career than Cohen, simply because Cohen has been really productive as a backup because of his versatility.

Aaron Jones and Carson looked much better, too-- injury-shortened seasons. I'm rooting for Conner-- great kid... but he looks incredibly pedestrian to me and he's been poor enough in pass pro that he has trouble staying on the field for passing situations.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:03 pm 

Colbert bought Bitcoin at $100. But he missed out on Ethereum.

What a dummy. Bad picker of horse flesh and crypto currencies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:06 pm 

Come on man....Passing judgement on James Connor already?

The guy doesn't even get the ball. When he does twice a game, he looks goo. Way too early to say anyone on that list is better than Connor. They are all playing because of injuries in front of them. If anything, maybe a round early on the selection. I personally like what little we've seen from him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:26 pm 

TB wrote:
Kevin Colbert just had a league high 8 guys named to the Pro Bowl and should have had 9 with Cam Heyward. Not a single one of those guys were a top 10 pick in the draft, from first and second rounders to the sixth round and two undrafted players. He signed Joe Haden who damn near everyone on this board thought was done as a quality player and now that guy is a key leader on the D and a key piece to a possible SB run. Drafted Le'veon Bell in the second round when hardly no one here wanted him before the late third or fourth, and especially not over Fat Eddie Lacy. Signed Antonio Brown to an early contract extension when the rest of the world was pining for superstar Mike Wallace to get re-signed and he blossomed into the best WR in football.

He basically has dragged his old balls up and down this board’s face for years now. But I wish nothing but the best for George Kittle. 8-)

Damn you & your logic. Don't you know that has no place here :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Draft Mistake

49ers Round 5: No. 146 overall - George Kittle, TE, Iowa
Height:6-4
Weight:247
College: Iowa

Steelers Round 4: No. 135: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
Height 6′ 3″
Weight 194
Age 22

REC YDS TD
36 373 1 Kittle
09 131 1 McDonald
41 363 3 James

Kittle highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOsYyvl5vUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI23kDvnAlw

Kittle is athletic, good hands. Don't know about his blocking. Appears like the mistake they made with L Greene they repeated with McDonald. That takes skill, not quite as much skill as losing to the Patriots twice in the same game. Kittle, until recently had 2nd 3rd string QBs throwing him the ball. He went from 5th round to replacing McDonald and we got the spoils, 2nd year in a row. He's outperforming McDonald, 36 catches almost as many at James and one TD, same as McDonald.

Dobbs will contribute nothing this year, drawing more salary than Kittle. Why we drafted a QB who serves no purpose in year we contend while ignoring a position of need from a guy who could have contributed was a mistake. If Dobbs was a steal and the future QB then drafting him while ignoring that position of need is understandable. But he's not that gem; he a great kid that can't throw a short pass, doesn't have touch or see the middle of the field, lives by his legs and the long ball. Running QB's don't last.

Tomlin falls in love with foot speed.

Kittle was the guy I was screaming for in the 4th round too

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
Colbert bought Bitcoin at $100. But he missed out on Ethereum.

What a dummy. Bad picker of horse flesh and crypto currencies

I think Colbert has done a pretty good job, but I didn't care for their picks on the offensive side this year, except for the HR they hit with JuJu.

We shall see. No final judgement yet, but I think Connor looks not so fast, no so elusive, not so powerful, not so anything. What is his outlier skill/trait? I don't see it yet.