It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Bills Patriots thread (cause it matters)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:24 pm 

Just dug up a vid.

Did Benjamin have control of the ball before he tapped his second foot?

the vid I saw didn't show control of the football. Just the foot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
NFL must have told Craig Wrolstad to take the heat off of Alberto Riveron.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nd-obvious

Quote:
It was clear and obvious that he did not have control of the ball until he brought it all the way down into his chest.

So clear and obvious that the review took nearly five minutes.

Read the comment by David Wooten in the nfl story

League office undermining the officials on the field all day every day

Its time to end instant replay

Here is that comment

Quote:
David Wooten

This is the 3rd game this year a crucial touchdown was called back against the Patriots. How many times does this happen before it’s a pattern. Clearly, any close TD against NE involving a catch is going to be overturned. And before you accuse, no, I’m not a Bills fan. My team beat the Jaguars today. Here’s my beef, the NFL is undermining its own referees. The referees who called it a touchdown were 2 feet from the play. They had the best angle. They saw the ball and the players feet. From 2 feet away! For crying out loud, the ref pointed to the spot where the receivers feet were when he possessed the ball. His fellow ref confirmed it on the field. So overturning this is NOT about clear evidence, it’s about a varied interpretation of when the receiver possessed the ball. The replay official interpreted possession differently from the crew on the field. In previous years, these close called went to the call on the field. Why isn’t that happening now? The Steelers call last week wasn’t about “surviving the ground”; it was an interpretive difference about possession. The camera angle showing the bobbble was looking over the shoulder of the referee who called it a touchdown. He saw the bobble and called it a score anyway. Why? Because the receiver had caught the ball, pulled it to his body with a knee down, and changed the direction of his momentum after that to lunge for a score. By rule, that can constitute possession. And that was precisely the interpretation rendered on the field. Yes, it was close. But that’s why you defer to the call on the field. The purpose of replay is to overcome obvious mistakes by officiating, not to reinterpret their judgment calls. That’s what’s happening now, and we fans know it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:06 pm 

Didn't look to me like lumbering Limas got the second foot down with control. Hate that it benefited the cheats, but looked like the right call.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:33 pm 

Wrong. No bobble, toes touch and drag

It was a TD all the way

Warning watch this video outside. It has shades of last Sunday in steelernation

This one has the close in side view. There is no bobble just a hand switch securing move due to the dB trying to secure

Second toe dusts up that black rubber dirt. CBS had hat clear

Ref points that it as good and calls TD. You do not have conclusive evidence to turn his one either

More bad shit from Riveron and his controllers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:24 am 

The real problem is that replay is only supposed to overturn a call that is blatantly wrong. It is not supposed to be trying to judge a play starting from square one but rather is it clear to everyone that the call is wrong.

I like the idea of a time limit on the replay - one minute to review; if it's a clear mistake you'll be able to tell thst fast, if you can't the the call stands.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:47 pm 

Benjamin had control from the moment his first hand reached out and caught the ball, i.e., bringing it to his body was irrelevant. He caught it with one hand, right from the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Benjamin had control from the moment his first hand reached out and caught the ball, i.e., bringing it to his body was irrelevant. He caught it with one hand, right from the beginning.

If you’re Alberto Riveron, you believe your job is to look for a reason to overturn...unless it’s the Patriots with a good play, of course..

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:04 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Furthermore just because you change hands with the ball, doesn't equal that you failed to control the ball

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:32 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Furthermore just because you change hands with the ball, doesn't equal that you failed to control the ball

It actually means the opposite-- you had enough control to switch hands.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15