It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:33 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
I only watch the Steelers. I used to watch every game I could. It's just not interesting anymore.

The incessant flags, silly reviews (see James, Jesse) make other games uninteresting.

A lot of these Sundays where the Steelers didn't play and where on MNF, TNF or SNF I didn't turn football on all day!

I know I'm the rare person, but I DON'T CARE about "getting it right", it's just not worth ruining the flow of the game constantly to try to be perfect with replay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:38 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
I only watch the Steelers. I used to watch every game I could. It's just not interesting anymore.

The incessant flags, silly reviews (see James, Jesse) make other games uninteresting.

A lot of these Sundays where the Steelers didn't play and where on MNF, TNF or SNF I didn't turn football on all day!

I know I'm the rare person, but I DON'T CARE about "getting it right", it's just not worth ruining the flow of the game constantly to try to be perfect with replay.

While the flow of the game is a problem, the bigger problem is they aren't even "getting it right"...

unless of course you are a patriot fan - then they always get it right.... for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:48 pm 

The NHL is so much more fun to watch than the NFL, it's not even funny.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:25 am 

I agree with the op.

Also for me the kneeling,incessant jaw jacking, pushing and shoving on every play.
The dancing , pounding of chests, on every play no matter if it’s a three yard run. Regardless if one team is getting their ass handed to them.
Now the stupid azz choreograhed “celebrations” .

I’m 45 old school kind of guy. Can’t stand loudmouths,showboating. Or blatant disrespect for this country.

The NFL is getting thin for me.
Gave up the NBA a long time due to the same reasoning.
Baseball more so due to it being boring to watch.
NHL is still good to go unfortunately living in Florida I can’t catch many Pens games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:37 am 

Jeemie wrote:
We’re the past.

The author is the past.

The NFL doesn’t care about us anymore.

And they will sorely regret this. I quit watching the NBA for the same reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:15 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I'm actually encouraged that there is finally and thankfully some HATE being generated for REPLAY. I've hated it, since they implemented it! I'd rather just live with mistakes,

I agree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:29 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I'm actually encouraged that there is finally and thankfully some HATE being generated for REPLAY. I've hated it, since they implemented it! I'd rather just live with mistakes,

I agree

I actually had this thought yesterday as I saw how the refs screwed Kelvin Benjamin of the Bills out of a TD...

Make "what is a Catch" a NON-REVIEWABLE JUDGEMENT CALL like DPI and Holding and just be done with it! Of course they won't do it, but it makes sense, no matter how much they mess with it, THEY NEVER GET IT RIGHT ANYWAYS!!!!!

Makes the fucking league look bad too! Makes it look like they are favoring, ahem... certain teams. Takes away awesome plays from future highlight reels, Think Lynn Swann or The Immaculate Reception ERASED FROM HISTORY.

I am actually about sick of the NFL, I watched some college football and also this year watched some Canadian football and in those games they have replay and they do throw flags, but not with the magnitude of the NFL. In the NFL the referees and the replay are the central characters in the show, the players are way less important.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:36 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I hear you CT. I have the red zone channel and still don't watch. I'm more into the Discovery channels like Homestead Rescue and Alaska the last Frontier for example...

How's Alaska the Last Frontier?

Fairly good. I really like the Homestead Rescue. I'm also into the Maine Cabin Masters... Love the DIY shit and dig the real time survival stuff. Discovery channels are my go to's. Absolutely love the How the Universe Works, national geo Explorers and their new one the Long Road Home I believe it's called. Impossible Engineering and a bunch more.I agree swiss Really like the Alaska ones. Below Zero is awesome too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

Tennis is a great sport. Fed, Nadal, Murray, Djok all set for an exciting year. Serena back. Replay system works. Just saying.

5 years ago NFL was without peer. Now just a joke of its former self.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:12 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I hear you CT. I have the red zone channel and still don't watch. I'm more into the Discovery channels like Homestead Rescue and Alaska the last Frontier for example...

How's Alaska the Last Frontier?

Fairly good. I really like the Homestead Rescue. I'm also into the Maine Cabin Masters... Love the DIY shit and dig the real time survival stuff. Discovery channels are my go to's. Absolutely love the How the Universe Works, national geo Explorers and their new one the Long Road Home I believe it's called. Impossible Engineering and a bunch more.I agree swiss Really like the Alaska ones. Below Zero is awesome too.

Yeah, I like Below Zero, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next