It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 636
Nick79 wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
I only watch the Steelers. I used to watch every game I could. It's just not interesting anymore.

The incessant flags, silly reviews (see James, Jesse) make other games uninteresting.


A lot of these Sundays where the Steelers didn't play and where on MNF, TNF or SNF I didn't turn football on all day!

I know I'm the rare person, but I DON'T CARE about "getting it right", it's just not worth ruining the flow of the game constantly to try to be perfect with replay.


I prefer them "getting it right" when it comes to things like 2 feet in on a catch and fumble rulings, when it is very obvious what is the correct call. The super slo-mo frame by frame "did the ball move" shit has to go. I'd love to beat the shit out of the guy who wrote "football move" into the rule book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7093
Baltostiller wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
I only watch the Steelers. I used to watch every game I could. It's just not interesting anymore.

The incessant flags, silly reviews (see James, Jesse) make other games uninteresting.


A lot of these Sundays where the Steelers didn't play and where on MNF, TNF or SNF I didn't turn football on all day!

I know I'm the rare person, but I DON'T CARE about "getting it right", it's just not worth ruining the flow of the game constantly to try to be perfect with replay.


I prefer them "getting it right" when it comes to things like 2 feet in on a catch and fumble rulings, when it is very obvious what is the correct call. The super slo-mo frame by frame "did the ball move" shit has to go. I'd love to beat the shit out of the guy who wrote "football move" into the rule book.


Football move, Defenseless player (now no longer limited to receivers)...all things that are fucking up our game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3585
86n96 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
We’re the past.

The author is the past.

The NFL doesn’t care about us anymore.

And they will sorely regret this. I quit watching the NBA for the same reasons.


The popularity of the NBA is exploding. TV ratings are up 30% this year, and will only continue to go up over time. They actually celebrate their superstars and embrace players with personality, whereas the NFL is all about toeing the line and saying all the right things. God forbid you step out of line and actually say what you honestly think like a Richard Sherman or Deangelo Williams. Could you imagine a Steven Adams or Joel Embiid in Roger Goodell’s NFL? Not a chance in hell. The NBA is about the drama on the court, whereas the NFL has one controversy after another off the field. Deflate-gate, Kaepernick, Zeke Elliott... non-stop. And I haven’t even mentioned the word concussion yet.

I’d much rather watch a random NBA game than a random NFL game. With all the replay horseshit and poor level of play right now, it’s not even debatable.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3558
cop1211 wrote:
I agree with the op.

Also for me the kneeling,incessant jaw jacking, pushing and shoving on every play.
The dancing , pounding of chests, on every play no matter if it’s a three yard run. Regardless if one team is getting their ass handed to them.
Now the stupid azz choreograhed “celebrations” .

I’m 45 old school kind of guy. Can’t stand loudmouths,showboating. Or blatant disrespect for this country.

The NFL is getting thin for me.
Gave up the NBA a long time due to the same reasoning.
Baseball more so due to it being boring to watch.
NHL is still good to go unfortunately living in Florida I can’t catch many Pens games.


I'm numb to all that, it doesn't bother me at all, any of that, I feel nothing, I was like that as a kid, a white kid in Western PA I got in trouble several times, in the '70s for showboating and taunting and trash talking before the pros even did it, I never even noticed it when it became common- I remember I was 17 in 1976, walked into a gym for a CYO basketball tournament stood at mid court and announced real loud, "GIVE US THE TROPHY NOW WE ALREADY WON" before the first game, LOL, man my coach was mad, but we did win, this is a white kid doing this in 1976. LMFAO. Even the anthem BS, I honestly don't care, my thought has always been why do they even do the anthem and military nonsense at sports event anyways, it has nothing to do with sports? So I just DVR the games and fast forward past that crap, so obviously the anthem protests didn't mean shit to me ether way. I'm 58 and how these young athletes act never bothered me, because I've always been just like them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3558
Baltostiller wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:

I prefer them "getting it right" when it comes to things like 2 feet in on a catch and fumble rulings, when it is very obvious what is the correct call.


Yeah, but you see once you give them the keys to the kingdom, they refuse to limit themselves to that, they want to micromanage it all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5906
manofsteel wrote:
Tennis is a great sport. Fed, Nadal, Murray, Djok all set for an exciting year. Serena back. Replay system works. Just saying.

5 years ago NFL was without peer. Now just a joke of its former self.
To be fair, replay in tennis is a binary choice. No time factor. There is no interpretation.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 811
TB wrote:
86n96 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
We’re the past.

The author is the past.

The NFL doesn’t care about us anymore.

And they will sorely regret this. I quit watching the NBA for the same reasons.


The popularity of the NBA is exploding. TV ratings are up 30% this year, and will only continue to go up over time. They actually celebrate their superstars and embrace players with personality, whereas the NFL is all about toeing the line and saying all the right things. God forbid you step out of line and actually say what you honestly think like a Richard Sherman or Deangelo Williams. Could you imagine a Steven Adams or Joel Embiid in Roger Goodell’s NFL? Not a chance in hell. The NBA is about the drama on the court, whereas the NFL has one controversy after another off the field. Deflate-gate, Kaepernick, Zeke Elliott... non-stop. And I haven’t even mentioned the word concussion yet.

I’d much rather watch a random NBA game than a random NFL game. With all the replay horseshit and poor level of play right now, it’s not even debatable.


NBA is so much better to watch right now, lots of young stars and upcoming teams. I also agree with Nick about replay, I liked it much better when it was up to the coach to challenge a play, not now when all scoring plays and turnovers are automatically reviewed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4120
Simple for me......Patriots are a dynasty, they absolutely own the Steelers, and the Steelers fans seem to care more about those 2 facts than Art2 and company.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6714
Suwanee88 wrote:
Simple for me......Patriots are a dynasty, they absolutely own the Steelers, and the Steelers fans seem to care more about those 2 facts than Art2 and company.

So judging by this last meeting, you don't see any improvement in how the Steelers play the Pats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6447
Poltargyst wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Simple for me......Patriots are a dynasty, they absolutely own the Steelers, and the Steelers fans seem to care more about those 2 facts than Art2 and company.

So judging by this last meeting, you don't see any improvement in how the Steelers play the Pats.

Sorry, but the Steelers lost...that’s all that matters. Unless you’re into moral victories, I guess.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Charles Demarr, Google [Bot], OhioSteeler, Rocky Mtn Stiller and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group