It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6741
Jobus Rum wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Simple for me......Patriots are a dynasty, they absolutely own the Steelers, and the Steelers fans seem to care more about those 2 facts than Art2 and company.

So judging by this last meeting, you don't see any improvement in how the Steelers play the Pats.

Sorry, but the Steelers lost...that’s all that matters. Unless you’re into moral victories, I guess.


it really isn't though, Jobus. Steelers played Pats much tougher than usual, only lost because game was stolen from them. Hope going forward as a result.

Plus....and yes, this may be rationalizing. I think Brady increases his focus when he plays at Heinz Field. He knows it's a special place, much moreso than the hellhole he plays in. He's sometimes off in Foxboro, always on at Heinz.

And..there's the Patriots imbroglio with Alex Guerrero. It's got to piss off Brady, as it fucks with his business interests outside of football as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6053
swissvale72 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
So judging by this last meeting, you don't see any improvement in how the Steelers play the Pats.

Sorry, but the Steelers lost...that’s all that matters. Unless you’re into moral victories, I guess.


it really isn't though, Jobus. Steelers played Pats much tougher than usual, only lost because game was stolen from them. Hope going forward as a result.

Plus....and yes, this may be rationalizing. I think Brady increases his focus when he plays at Heinz Field. He knows it's a special place, much moreso than the hellhole he plays in. He's sometimes off in Foxboro, always on at Heinz.

And..there's the Patriots imbroglio with Alex Guerrero. It's got to piss off Brady, as it fucks with his business interests outside of football as well.

Point is Swiss, that doesn’t mean a thing should the teams meet again. Steelers could win, or they could lose...they could lose by 20+...
It’s pretty much a certainty that Belicheck and Ernie will study what the Steelers did to play “much tougher” and change things up to negate that/those advantages. Do you have reasonable confidence that Tomlin and his minions will be up to the task?

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6741
Well....I have confidence that Steelers have the talent on their roster, and that they won't simply sit back in a zone and let Brady pick them apart. I'm NOT confident that our brain trust won't fuck up, but I'm not assuming that they will either.

I know, come game time, I'll be believing.

All that said, wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's The Fat Fuck Andy Reid, Alex Smiff, and the Kansas City Chefs coming to Heinz Field for the AFCCG. Wouldn't rule out another Steelers-Ravens war either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6348
Jobus Rum wrote:
Point is Swiss, that doesn’t mean a thing should the teams meet again. Steelers could win, or they could lose...they could lose by 20+...
It’s pretty much a certainty that Belicheck and Ernie will study what the Steelers did to play “much tougher” and change things up to negate that/those advantages. Do you have reasonable confidence that Tomlin and his minions will be up to the task?

Joe Haden playing. AB playing the whole game. Yeah, we could win the rematch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6053
swissvale72 wrote:
Well....I have confidence that Steelers have the talent on their roster, and that they won't simply sit back in a zone and let Brady pick them apart. I'm NOT confident that our brain trust won't fuck up, but I'm not assuming that they will either.

I know, come game time, I'll be believing.

All that said, wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's The Fat Fuck Andy Reid, Alex Smiff, and the Kansas City Chefs coming to Heinz Field for the AFCCG. Wouldn't rule out another Steelers-Ravens war either.

Watching that game last week, I had the feeling that the Steelers were the better team. And throughout most of the game, they showed that they were. But when it became crunch time...time to grab a hold of the game by the throat and choke the life out of it...Mike Tomlin/Todd Haley happened.
I believe the Steelers are the better team on the field...but the Pats are a much better team on the sidelines.

And just for the record...I give the Chefs about a 15% chance of beating the Pats in the playoffs. The 2017 version of the Rats has no chance of going into NE and winning. Pretty much a given that if the Steelers are to get back to the Super Bowl, they’ll need to beat the Pats in Foxboro. Fingers crossed...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3833
swissvale72 wrote:
Well....I have confidence that Steelers have the talent on their roster, and that they won't simply sit back in a zone and let Brady pick them apart. I'm NOT confident that our brain trust won't fuck up, but I'm not assuming that they will either.

I know, come game time, I'll be believing.

All that said, wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's The Fat Fuck Andy Reid, Alex Smiff, and the Kansas City Chefs coming to Heinz Field for the AFCCG. Wouldn't rule out another Steelers-Ravens war either.

I believe we can do it. By the way, for me it’s NE/Pittsburgh or I could give a rats ass. I am 100% convinced this franchise must face and conquer thus NE challenge. They have to beat NE in NE in the playoffs. Period.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6053
Poltargyst wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Point is Swiss, that doesn’t mean a thing should the teams meet again. Steelers could win, or they could lose...they could lose by 20+...
It’s pretty much a certainty that Belicheck and Ernie will study what the Steelers did to play “much tougher” and change things up to negate that/those advantages. Do you have reasonable confidence that Tomlin and his minions will be up to the task?

Joe Haden playing. AB playing the whole game. Yeah, we could win the rematch.

Oh...I certainly believe they could too. But playing them tougher, or better last week means nothing.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6348
swissvale72 wrote:
Well....I have confidence that Steelers have the talent on their roster, and that they won't simply sit back in a zone and let Brady pick them apart. I'm NOT confident that our brain trust won't fuck up, but I'm not assuming that they will either.

I know, come game time, I'll be believing.

All that said, wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's The Fat Fuck Andy Reid, Alex Smiff, and the Kansas City Chefs coming to Heinz Field for the AFCCG. Wouldn't rule out another Steelers-Ravens war either.

I think the Patriots would take apart the Chiefs or the Ravens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6741
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Well....I have confidence that Steelers have the talent on their roster, and that they won't simply sit back in a zone and let Brady pick them apart. I'm NOT confident that our brain trust won't fuck up, but I'm not assuming that they will either.

I know, come game time, I'll be believing.

All that said, wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's The Fat Fuck Andy Reid, Alex Smiff, and the Kansas City Chefs coming to Heinz Field for the AFCCG. Wouldn't rule out another Steelers-Ravens war either.

I think the Patriots would take apart the Chiefs or the Ravens.


Chefs beat them, in Foxboro, to open the season....and Chefs know are playing much closer to the season-opening Chefs than the mid-season Chefs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why the NFL is hard to watch...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6741
Suwanee88 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Well....I have confidence that Steelers have the talent on their roster, and that they won't simply sit back in a zone and let Brady pick them apart. I'm NOT confident that our brain trust won't fuck up, but I'm not assuming that they will either.

I know, come game time, I'll be believing.

All that said, wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's The Fat Fuck Andy Reid, Alex Smiff, and the Kansas City Chefs coming to Heinz Field for the AFCCG. Wouldn't rule out another Steelers-Ravens war either.

I believe we can do it. By the way, for me it’s NE/Pittsburgh or I could give a rats ass. I am 100% convinced this franchise must face and conquer thus NE challenge. They have to beat NE in NE in the playoffs. Period.


You've said that for a long, long time, Suwanee....maybe this is the year!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DP39, fortythree, Havoc, JackSplat58, Miter Saw, Nick79, Obviously, R S, Steel Ubaldo, the-other-burg, VASteel and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group