It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: If Steelers get 2 seed is it a blessing in disguise?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:32 pm 

I'd rather have the Jaguars than the Chiefs or Ravens. I just don't think Bortles will beat us if we force him too.

I think the OP has a good point. Either the Chiefs or Ravens present real matchup problems for the Pats. They are not guaranteed to win that game. I think those teams are a much tougher matchup for the Pats than the Jags.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:02 pm 

While the pros and cons of potential opponents for the divisional round can be debated, let’s admit that there will most likely be no advantage to being a 2 seed the following week. The Patriots do look vulnerable, and could lose in the divisional round. But where would we put those odds? 20%? Getting a bye and AB healthy both essential. Big thanks to SF for yesterday. Count me among those who let out a sigh of relief at that outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:32 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
While the pros and cons of potential opponents for the divisional round can be debated, let’s admit that there will most likely be no advantage to being a 2 seed the following week. The Patriots do look vulnerable, and could lose in the divisional round. But where would we put those odds? 20%? Getting a bye and AB healthy both essential. Big thanks to SF for yesterday. Count me among those who let out a sigh of relief at that outcome.

Means nothing if we don't hold up our end.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:58 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:05 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:

I've always maintained that the difference between a #2 seed and #3 seed far exceeds the difference between a #1 seed and #2 seed.

Only needing to win two games, rather than three, to reach the Super Bowl, and being guaranteed at least one of those games at home is freakin' huge.

Steelers, under Tomlin, have reached the Super Bowl both times they had the bye, both times they finished with #2 seed, both times hosted the AFCCG.

Last edited by swissvale72 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:05 pm 

I've heard two Steeler greats say that no Steeler team will ever win the Superbowl if that team doesn't have chemistry. From the players perspective I think this team has chemistry my concern is the dysfunction and that's from the coaching staff, Haley and Tomlin.

As optimistic as some of you guys are regarding the 2nd seed I'm still disgusted and pissed off that Tomlin and Haley lost us the number one seed, augmented by the clear Advantage New England has from the refs and the league.

Yeah I know we have to move on but has the dysfunction moved on? After Bell's ridiculous block and JuJu's incredible play Ben signaled for timeout, there was no leadership coming from Tomlin and thankfully the officials gave Ben the time out. Whether you like it or not it was Ben's decision to clock the ball, yes it wastes a down but it's what needed to happen for Ben to correctly assess the situation and apply some logic to win the game while preserving in the field goal. Tomliin needed to tell Haley to shut the fuck up and allow Ben to do what he wanted to do.

This week we've heard Ben reference Haley cursing him out during that two point pat and there are some stories about Ben not even wanting to deal with Haley. As much talent as there is on this team the dysfunction negates a lot of that Talent.

Four or five touchdowns is required to beat the Patriots and the officials and the chance of doing that in Pittsburgh is far greater then up in Foxboro.

I think it was Mr. Scunge that made recerence to Elway coming into Pittsburgh and winning the AFC Championship on the road. Big difference, Elway had a lot of help he had Bill Cowher on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
I've heard two Steeler greats say that no Steeler team will ever win the Superbowl if that team doesn't have chemistry. From the players perspective I think this team has chemistry my concern is the dysfunction and that's from the coaching staff, Haley and Tomlin.

As optimistic as some of you guys are regarding the 2nd seed I'm still disgusted and pissed off that Tomlin and Haley lost us the number one seed, augmented by the clear Advantage New England has from the refs and the league.

Yeah I know we have to move on but has the dysfunction moved on? After Bell's ridiculous block and JuJu's incredible play Ben signaled for timeout, there was no leadership coming from Tomlin and thankfully the officials gave Ben the time out. Whether you like it or not it was Ben's decision to clock the ball, yes it wastes a down but it's what needed to happen for Ben to correctly assess the situation and apply some logic to win the game while preserving in the field goal. Tomliin needed to tell Haley to shut the fuck up and allow Ben to do what he wanted to do.

This week we've heard Ben reference Haley cursing him out during that two point pat and there are some stories about Ben not even wanting to deal with Haley. As much talent as there is on this team the dysfunction negates a lot of that Talent.

Four or five touchdowns is required to beat the Patriots and the officials and the chance of doing that in Pittsburgh is far greater then up in Foxboro.

I think it was Mr. Scunge that made recerence to Elway coming into Pittsburgh and winning the AFC Championship on the road. Big difference, Elway had a lot of help he had Bill Cowher on the sidelines.

The Chan Fuckin' Gailey game....interesting that Cowher's OC fucked things up, too...though far more football cred than Haley. And just to be clear, had Ben clocked the ball, would not have been assessing the situation, would have done so in order to bring on the FG team (on 4th down) and send the game into OT.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:20 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
We definitely need a bye, I just saw AB on Instagram and he can barely walk up the stairs right now.

He is going to need at least a couple more weeks.

The next shot of him running was way more encouraging

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:33 pm 

Was it a torn calf muscle? If so I had the same injury. The time I was down and out from any sports was 3 weeks. Mind you I'm not in the greatest shape by my own standards, overweight and old. Perhaps 3 weeks will be enough time for a stud of an athlete like AB to return to form. :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:37 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Was it a torn calf muscle? If so I had the same injury. The time I was down and out from any sports was 3 weeks. Mind you I'm not in the greatest shape by my own standards, overweight and old. Perhaps 3 weeks will be enough time for a stud of an athlete like AB to return to form. :geek:

And actually....will be four weeks in between the injury and Divisional Playoff. AB will be fine.