It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: If Steelers get 2 seed is it a blessing in disguise?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:41 pm 

The only other concern becomes rust. And by rust I mean acclimation to the speed of the game. That may play the odds against AB. Like to feel like it won't have any bearing on his performance but I can't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:42 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The only other concern becomes rust. And by rust I mean acclimation to the speed of the game. That may play the odds against AB. Like to feel like it won't have any bearing on his performance but I can't.

Right....and so much of his prep is bodily prep...work ethic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:00 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
I've heard two Steeler greats say that no Steeler team will ever win the Superbowl if that team doesn't have chemistry. From the players perspective I think this team has chemistry my concern is the dysfunction and that's from the coaching staff, Haley and Tomlin.

As optimistic as some of you guys are regarding the 2nd seed I'm still disgusted and pissed off that Tomlin and Haley lost us the number one seed, augmented by the clear Advantage New England has from the refs and the league.

Yeah I know we have to move on but has the dysfunction moved on? After Bell's ridiculous block and JuJu's incredible play Ben signaled for timeout, there was no leadership coming from Tomlin and thankfully the officials gave Ben the time out. Whether you like it or not it was Ben's decision to clock the ball, yes it wastes a down but it's what needed to happen for Ben to correctly assess the situation and apply some logic to win the game while preserving in the field goal. Tomliin needed to tell Haley to shut the fuck up and allow Ben to do what he wanted to do.

This week we've heard Ben reference Haley cursing him out during that two point pat and there are some stories about Ben not even wanting to deal with Haley. As much talent as there is on this team the dysfunction negates a lot of that Talent.

Four or five touchdowns is required to beat the Patriots and the officials and the chance of doing that in Pittsburgh is far greater then up in Foxboro.

I think it was Mr. Scunge that made recerence to Elway coming into Pittsburgh and winning the AFC Championship on the road. Big difference, Elway had a lot of help he had Bill Cowher on the sidelines.

The Chan Fuckin' Gailey game....interesting that Cowher's OC fucked things up, too...though far more football cred than Haley. And just to be clear, had Ben clocked the ball, would not have been assessing the situation, would have done so in order to bring on the FG team (on 4th down) and send the game into OT.

yes..i too am completely baffled by bens comment here of clocking the ball...why? u have plenty of time to go for a win..how mad are we if we go to overtime and lose after ben waste a down spiking with a down to play and 12 seconds or so..surely hes not that dumb...now if u want to debate the play call and poor choice to throw the pic that's another story..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:58 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I want no part of Jax with Fournette at RB. Shazier out and Fournette would just run even more rampant over us. Not a good matchup.

I think we are in trouble defending the run with anybody we play. Time to make you DC and change up this bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:21 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Scunge wrote:
I want no part of Jax with Fournette at RB. Shazier out and Fournette would just run even more rampant over us. Not a good matchup.

I think we are in trouble defending the run with anybody we play. Time to make you DC and change up this bitch.
Jay Ajayi ran all over the steelers last year in the first game during the season. Shut down completely in the second game.

I'm not worried about fournette. Even with Shaz out. Maybe I'm naive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:23 pm 

I would rather host the AFCCG thank you very much. The only blessing to losing to NE last week is that now the team has to remainied focused the rest of the regular season which could benefit them in the playoffs. But I'd rather have wrapped up the 1st seed ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:18 pm 

As others Am, i too am damn worried about any strong running team we face. We can’t stop the run at all. I believe our pass D will be ok. Not great but ok. Now, with that being said once playoffs start it seems like run D’s stiffen up so to speak so I don’t know if we can tighten up our run D or if it’ll be helped by different formations but this is my concern at the moment.

Great win today. Can’t wait to see who gets into the playoffs from the AFC while I watch the Browns game next week with my long time best friend in Kansas City. Two days of work this week and I’m off to KC.

Merry Christmas everyone!