It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm 

DVRd and just finished watching. Just a few thoughts....
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.

Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:26 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.

Would be interesting to see if they know by halftime how the Jets/Pats game is proceeding.

I plan on watching both games if I can get feeds for both of them (although either Browns/Steelers or Pats/Jets might be the game they show here in Philly...who knows?)

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:28 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Would be interesting to see if they know by halftime how the Jets/Pats game is proceeding.

I plan on watching both games if I can get feeds for both of them (although either Browns/Steelers or Pats/Jets might be the game they show here in Philly...who knows?)

I'll have Steelers-Browns on the laptop (Sunday Ticket), Pats/Jets on CBS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

If the Steeler game is showing on TV for more people than not, I have the option of running the Pats game as my stream instead of our game

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:55 pm 

not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:59 pm 

Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain

Unlike last year, we’re getting Wild Card Weekend off.

Starters can’t go three weeks without taking a meaningful snap.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:14 pm 

there'll never be a clear-cut answer to rest vs. rust, but injury is a practical concern, rust is theoretical. i know which i'd prioritize.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:14 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:

Unlike last year, we’re getting Wild Card Weekend off.

Starters can’t go three weeks without taking a meaningful snap.

Good point...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:52 pm 

man..what a relaxing game...I loved it so...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:58 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

A guess would be close at the half to keep up interest/viewership and allow refs to loosen up the NE laundry. Hey, there's an idea. Change the color of flags to blue and white.