It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
DVRd and just finished watching. Just a few thoughts....
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
swissvale72 wrote:
DVRd and just finished watching. Just a few thoughts....
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.


Would be interesting to see if they know by halftime how the Jets/Pats game is proceeding.

I plan on watching both games if I can get feeds for both of them (although either Browns/Steelers or Pats/Jets might be the game they show here in Philly...who knows?)

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
DVRd and just finished watching. Just a few thoughts....
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.


Would be interesting to see if they know by halftime how the Jets/Pats game is proceeding.

I plan on watching both games if I can get feeds for both of them (although either Browns/Steelers or Pats/Jets might be the game they show here in Philly...who knows?)


I'll have Steelers-Browns on the laptop (Sunday Ticket), Pats/Jets on CBS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 196
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
DVRd and just finished watching. Just a few thoughts....
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.


Would be interesting to see if they know by halftime how the Jets/Pats game is proceeding.

I plan on watching both games if I can get feeds for both of them (although either Browns/Steelers or Pats/Jets might be the game they show here in Philly...who knows?)


If the Steeler game is showing on TV for more people than not, I have the option of running the Pats game as my stream instead of our game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 951
not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain

_________________
"He's the slowest, best athlete I've ever seen in my life." - Vince Williams on Ben Roethlisberger

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain


Unlike last year, we’re getting Wild Card Weekend off.

Starters can’t go three weeks without taking a meaningful snap.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 951
there'll never be a clear-cut answer to rest vs. rust, but injury is a practical concern, rust is theoretical. i know which i'd prioritize.

_________________
"He's the slowest, best athlete I've ever seen in my life." - Vince Williams on Ben Roethlisberger

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6888
Jeemie wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain


Unlike last year, we’re getting Wild Card Weekend off.

Starters can’t go three weeks without taking a meaningful snap.

Good point...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
man..what a relaxing game...I loved it so...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm
Posts: 153
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
DVRd and just finished watching. Just a few thoughts....
*Great to see the offensive performance, on the road, where Steelers typically have trouble scoring points. Yes, the competition was compromised, but going up against stiffs hasn't stopped the Steelers from having 3 points on the board at halftime before. To put up 34 points, on the road, absent AB, is a good sign for the eventuality of traveling to Foxboro next month.
*Great defensive performance as well, with a qualifier. Most of this has been covered in another OP, but good seeing Joe Haden matched up on Hopkins, good to see Might've choked Artie, ain't gonna choke me sticking his head in. Run defense remains concerning. Alfred Fuckin' Blue runs for a buck-something, not good.
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.
*Good situation upcoming. Not a meaningless game v. Cleveland, but likely don't really need it either. Just avoid injuries, careful with #26 particularly.


Would be interesting to see if they know by halftime how the Jets/Pats game is proceeding.

I plan on watching both games if I can get feeds for both of them (although either Browns/Steelers or Pats/Jets might be the game they show here in Philly...who knows?)


A guess would be close at the half to keep up interest/viewership and allow refs to loosen up the NE laundry. Hey, there's an idea. Change the color of flags to blue and white.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 906
swissvale72 wrote:
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.


Doghouse for making the coaching staff look bad by catching that ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6888
Miter Saw wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
*DHB: Funny, last week the dude logs about half the snaps, is in for the most important play of the season as Martavis Bryant hadn't practiced that play. This week, DHB is nowhere to be found, except on special teams, until game's end. Christ...even Justin Hunter is in ahead of him. Would like to ask the coaching staff to explain. My guess is that they'll say that MB practiced those plays this week.


Doghouse for making the coaching staff look bad by catching that ball.

Or maybe it was just as simple as the fact that DHB was ABs backup last week....

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1609
Pic in EZ should have been overturned we get ball at one. Ben would have engineered 99 yard drive.

We have to do something about stopping the run. LBS vacant, DL getting gets handled.

James again failed in a big spot. Nice kid, crummy TE

McDonald and Haden could be in the difference in NE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3142
Jeemie wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain


Unlike last year, we’re getting Wild Card Weekend off.

Starters can’t go three weeks without taking a meaningful snap.


I agree. THe Pats will play all starters in the last game because they do not want to be rusty in two weeks.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
jebrick wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
not that I expect them to do it, but if i'm Tomlin I'm resting the starters next week

Pats have to have a 1%< chance of losing to the Bryce Petty-led Jets, and if by some miracle that does happen, it's frankly not unthinkable or even improbable that Laundry & Co. take care of business vs. Cleveland to hold up our end of the bargain


Unlike last year, we’re getting Wild Card Weekend off.

Starters can’t go three weeks without taking a meaningful snap.


I agree. THe Pats will play all starters in the last game because they do not want to be rusty in two weeks.


Well...that, and they want to clinch homefield.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4251
We played a garbage opponent yesterday.

Having said that, let me say this...

The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers can win the Super Bowl. I can smell it. Not saying we are going to even get to the SB, but this team looks capable of winning it all.

I'm confident if we have to go to Foxborough. Have no idea what the final result would be, but I like this group and our chances vs anyone anywhere going forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
we got a good Christmas gift..steelers play good and win easy...no drama; no injuries..peaceful win we could relax watching...how refreshing! :D
now I hope browns game follows suit. like starters resting after halftime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Postgame!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Watched it at my cousin's house in Plum. Love the stress free win.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, Google [Bot], Steel Drummer and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group