It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trade Ju Ju for MLB in the Off-Season?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We are flush with talent at WR. I would trade Ju Ju to a team that is flush with MLB talent, to replace Shazier in the off-season. RS will need to move on with his life’s work and maybe coaching said MLB. And if he has a miraculous recovery we get depth. But all signs point to him being wheel chair bound or at best walking and never playing football again.

Sure we could probably build with the draft and take our chances, but I would pull off a trade with a bona fide WR for a bonafide MLB. If we have Bryant and Rogers seemingly back, we would be in good stead.

If I recall correctly, I was very young, but I recall Gabe Rivera being blamed for a PS defensive slump for a few seasons; the argument being it was dufficult to recover from losing your #1 draft pick.

Even if this was a great idea, they wouldn’t have the balls to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
You can make a better argument for trading Bell... and I wouldn't do that , either.

Or Bryant, but again they wouldn’t do it - too damn conservative and stubborn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:14 pm 

Draft Roquan Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 pm 

We seem to have a WR factory. The rookies come in and the coaching and Ben turn them into superstars. Sell one and get the IMLB that seems to take 3 years to develop in the PS. There have not been many rookies that have come in an made a huge impact at that position. I am just saying I don’t want to develop an IMLB. We can live without JuJu and teams are foolish enough to make a trade for a WR. I don’t know who the prospect is, but that is for the GM to figure out. You can’t have AB and Bell at every skill position...the salary cap will not allow it, unless you get some type of Lebron James friends wink wink deal going on.

It makes sense.

You all are being short sighted. Sure up MB and Eli with coaching, plus we have a new punt returner too in Eli.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:01 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We seem to have a WR factory. The rookies come in and the coaching and Ben turn them into superstars.

Yeah, Demarus Ayers, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton, Justin Brown, Toney Clemons, and Limas Sweed are all setting the league on fire.

The Steelers are better than average at picking WRs, but they're not perfect at it. JuJu is a budding star. There is no way they're trading him, and it would make absolutely no sense to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:06 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We seem to have a WR factory. The rookies come in and the coaching and Ben turn them into superstars. Sell one and get the IMLB that seems to take 3 years to develop in the PS. There have not been many rookies that have come in an made a huge impact at that position. I am just saying I don’t want to develop an IMLB. We can live without JuJu and teams are foolish enough to make a trade for a WR. I don’t know who the prospect is, but that is for the GM to figure out. You can’t have AB and Bell at every skill position...the salary cap will not allow it, unless you get some type of Lebron James friends wink wink deal going on.

It makes sense.

You all are being short sighted. Sure up MB and Eli with coaching, plus we have a new punt returner too in Eli.

JuJu is on a rookie contracts and playing for peanuts. So yeah, the salary cap will more than allow it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:23 pm 

There is absolutely Zero Chance the Steelers will trade Juju.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We are flush with talent at WR. I would trade Ju Ju to a team that is flush with MLB talent, to replace Shazier in the off-season. RS will need to move on with his life’s work and maybe coaching said MLB. And if he has a miraculous recovery we get depth. But all signs point to him being wheel chair bound or at best walking and never playing football again.

Sure we could probably build with the draft and take our chances, but I would pull off a trade with a bona fide WR for a bonafide MLB. If we have Bryant and Rogers seemingly back, we would be in good stead.

If I recall correctly, I was very young, but I recall Gabe Rivera being blamed for a PS defensive slump for a few seasons; the argument being it was dufficult to recover from losing your #1 draft pick.

I'll give you credit for having the gonads to post this. Not much else though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:14 pm 

So assuming Ben returns, we will have AB, MB, Ju Ju, and Eli again. Too much pressure to make everyone happy. I suspect this pressure is what has made the offense sputter at times this year.

Get rid of someone (JuJu) from the WR Corp if you can get a IMLB with a pedigree.

I just don’t think you can get too much (trade wise) from Rogers and MB, so Ju Ju is th obvious candidate. I love him, and loved the Burfict hit, just think it is more important to plug the run defense gap quickly, rather than sit on too much talent in the WR Corp. you can have to much talent in the WR Corp to the detriment of the team.

Oh well no biggy if we don’t. I trust the front office.

Last edited by LakecrestSteeler on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 pm 

Obviously wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I'll give you credit for having the gonads to post this. Not much else though.

Eggnog overdose is all I can come up with

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next