steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9863
Page 45 of 47

Author:  VASteelerGuy [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

steel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
You really need to get into some anger mgt classes kid


maybe youre right!

I'm still pissed about the Pats loss here -- Can't believe Mikey allowed Haley to put his tail between his legs and didn't go for the win with 2 1/2 minutes left

I fucking hate Haley so much that those classes might do me some good!


of course, we're assuming the Pats would not have forced a turnover, Ben thrown an INT, etc. We would also be hailing Haley as a hero if that last pass were caught in all that coverage??? We would have been boasting about the risk-reward BS stuff.

IT"S OVER, they won, we know we can hang with them. Let the rematch, hopefully, start in two weeks and end in three weeks with them walking to their locker room defeated. I've said it before, unlikely we beat the Pats twice. Perhaps the fuel we need to get over the hump was a bitter loss.

Author:  Zeke5123 [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?

Author:  Steelergenie [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Bye Bye Shade Tree

McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?

Author:  KC [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

Steelergenie wrote:
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Stupidity.

Pure, unadulterated stupidity.

Author:  W&M_Steeler [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

KC wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Stupidity.

Pure, unadulterated stupidity.


Don't forget pride and arrogance. Conflict between Harrison and Porter seems to have been the cause of much of the discord. Harrison seems to have been acting out during LB meetings. My guess is that, in cutting Harrison, they thought they were going to teach Harrison a lesson in humility by cutting him and leaving him unclaimed for a weekend. They could then re-sign him later in the week once they demonstrated his perceived lack of value. McCullers would have then been cut to make room for Harrison, IMO. The coaching staff / FO didn't think anyone would take Harrison in the interim. Whoops.

This should be folded into the omnibus Harrison thread, as keeping McCullers over Harrison has been thrashed out in it several times.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

this thread was stupid to be started in the first place. All Harrison banter has it's place

Author:  the-other-burg [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

W&M_Steeler wrote:
KC wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Stupidity.

Pure, unadulterated stupidity.


Don't forget pride and arrogance. Conflict between Harrison and Porter seems to have been the cause of much of the discord. Harrison seems to have been acting out during LB meetings. My guess is that, in cutting Harrison, they thought they were going to teach Harrison a lesson in humility by cutting him and leaving him unclaimed for a weekend. They could then re-sign him later in the week once they demonstrated his perceived lack of value. McCullers would have then been cut to make room for Harrison, IMO. The coaching staff / FO didn't think anyone would take Harrison in the interim. Whoops.

This should be folded into the omnibus Harrison thread, as keeping McCullers over Harrison has been thrashed out in it several times.


If that were the case, then it would take the stupidity to the next level.

Author:  fortythree [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

Not this shit again!

Author:  Stinger8 [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

Zeke5123 wrote:
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


He proved, without a shadow of a doubt, last game that he is not washed up. He earned that right by being, statistically the greats OLB the Steelers have ever had, in a very august group. The spinners and deflectors here can conjure up as many excuses and reasons why he did not anything noteworthy last week, however the film and statistics prove other wise. Incidentally he made those plays after being essentially "shelved" for many many weeks. Imagine if he had regular work??

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


He proved, without a shadow of a doubt, last game that he is not washed up. He earned that right by being, statistically the greats OLB the Steelers have ever had, in a very august group. The spinners and deflectors here can conjure up as many excuses and reasons why he did not anything noteworthy last week, however the film and statistics prove other wise. Incidentally he made those plays after being essentially "shelved" for many many weeks. Imagine if he had regular work??


You're not being honest with the highlights and the down and distances and the game situations. It must be more imagination than fact!!

Author:  GreekSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


He proved, without a shadow of a doubt, last game that he is not washed up. He earned that right by being, statistically the greats OLB the Steelers have ever had, in a very august group. The spinners and deflectors here can conjure up as many excuses and reasons why he did not anything noteworthy last week, however the film and statistics prove other wise. Incidentally he made those plays after being essentially "shelved" for many many weeks. Imagine if he had regular work??


You're not being honest with the highlights and the down and distances and the game situations. It must be more imagination than fact!!




You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

Stinger8 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYlOqW1rpf8



Espn propaganda? Please child keep that shit outta here


Hey Beth you know this more than anyone on this site. This is the FIRST and last time I will ever respond to you because you offer so little value to this site. Your comments are inane, they add almost no value to whatever debate is happening, and you frankly embarrass yourself on a daily basis.

In this scene replace Mr Madison with Bethlehem Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

Goodbye Mr Bethlehem Steel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I missed this totally. I embarrass myself? I added plenty to this debate, you failed to even acknowledge this. Many other posters mirrored this analysis because of the situation, the team, the time of the game, etc. I will say, i haven't burned my 4 Harrison jerseys!! :P


Quote:


First clip, #52 makes 95% of the play, harrison was on the ground assisting arm tackle. Score Ne 7, Jets 0 2:18 left in 1st

Second Clip, Early 3rd Quarter NE 21, Jets 3 Petty makes a dump into the flats where the middle secondary is blanketed. Harrison reads the weak Petty play and already has a jump to make the tackle in coverage. Jets were already done at this point. Gain of 1 on the play.

3rd Play, late 3rd NE 24, Jets 3. NE CB makes the read on the screen pass and the tackle, Harrison runs in to a mop up wrestling move assist.

4th Play LAte 4th, NE 26 Jets 6 (1:15 left) game over, Beachum presents the turnstile for Harrison to run around and force the fumble

5th Play 40 seconds left, game over, coverage sack with no Jet effort after all pass options are closed to Petty. Mop up #1 Not double teamed as Romo stated, just Beachum trying to get the hell out of there.

Mop up #2 is not in the highlights as it wasn't going to give a good narrative per the usual CBS propaganda (second sack)

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Can't use that to gauge good, average or great. Not enough to measure. He played the FUCKING DEFEATED JETS Greek.
No one wants to dissect my post on the highlights, but it's been mirrored pretty much by the better football minds here.

Author:  GreekSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Can't use that to gauge good, average or great. Not enough to measure. He played the FUCKING DEFEATED JETS Greek.
No one wants to dissect my post on the highlights, but it's been mirrored pretty much by the better football minds here.





I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?

Author:  W&M_Steeler [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

the-other-burg wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Don't forget pride and arrogance. Conflict between Harrison and Porter seems to have been the cause of much of the discord. Harrison seems to have been acting out during LB meetings. My guess is that, in cutting Harrison, they thought they were going to teach Harrison a lesson in humility by cutting him and leaving him unclaimed for a weekend. They could then re-sign him later in the week once they demonstrated his perceived lack of value. McCullers would have then been cut to make room for Harrison, IMO. The coaching staff / FO didn't think anyone would take Harrison in the interim. Whoops.

This should be folded into the omnibus Harrison thread, as keeping McCullers over Harrison has been thrashed out in it several times.


If that were the case, then it would take the stupidity to the next level.


I'm not saying it is the case, but I think it's a plausible scenario. Their post-furor explanation for keeping McCullers didn't make any sense.

Author:  Louis Lipps Service [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Quote:



This is the first I've seen the sacks.

That was some pretty horrible line play on both.

Mill would have chalked both of those up as "Dong" sacks, easily.

First one, the tackle took one of the worst angles I think I've ever seen a tackle take on an edge rusher. It was almost like he expected the QB to only take a 2-step drop.

On the second, yes he was "double teamed", but the guard did literally nothing. Tackle did his job and kept Harrison out of the pocket, but the QB started to scramble up the middle, allowing Harrison to disengage from the tackle and go upfield.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

GreekSteel wrote:


I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


I think he can still play, but it has to be in certain situations. I think the Pats want to use him on all 3rd downs. Their ILB's are totally decimated.
Teams will exploit him being on the field from this point forward.

Author:  W&M_Steeler [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Can't use that to gauge good, average or great. Not enough to measure. He played the FUCKING DEFEATED JETS Greek.
No one wants to dissect my post on the highlights, but it's been mirrored pretty much by the better football minds here.


That explains all the sacks Dupree, Moats, and McCullers had against the pathetic 0-16 Browns.

The Jets may have been defeated and not a very good team, but they're still NFL players. Yet Harrison still had 2 sacks. Minimize and dissect all you want, but that's a fact. Maybe we can discount the sacks somewhat because he was playing against Kelvin Beachum, a player he knows well. But if that is the case, then it doesn't exactly make me feel great about a potential Harrison-Villanueva match-up.

Author:  Jeemie [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

Because 10 threads weren't enough for the complainers...

Author:  GreekSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:


I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


I think he can still play, but it has to be in certain situations. I think the Pats want to use him on all 3rd downs. Their ILB's are totally decimated.
Teams will exploit him being on the field from this point forward.




Exactly how I feel, and no reason he couldn't have had that role with us. Oh well, whats done is done now, but I'm in no way feeling like "Fuck Harrison", i think the Steelers first and then Harrison fucked the pooch on this one. Deebo is and always will be Steelers Legend and belongs on any figurative Steelers Defensive Mt. Rushmore.

Author:  alancac98 [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:


I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


I think he can still play, but it has to be in certain situations. I think the Pats want to use him on all 3rd downs. Their ILB's are totally decimated.
Teams will exploit him being on the field from this point forward.




Exactly how I feel, and no reason he couldn't have had that role with us. Oh well, whats done is done now, but I'm in now way feeling like "Fuck Harrison", i think the Steelers first and then Harrison fucked the pooch on this one. Deebo is and always will be Steelers Legend and belongs on any figurative Steelers Defensive Mt. Rushmore.


Yep, my thoughts as well!

Author:  Ice [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

fortythree wrote:
Not this shit again!

Author:  W&M_Steeler [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

GreekSteel wrote:
Exactly how I feel, and no reason he couldn't have had that role with us. Oh well, whats done is done now, but I'm in no way feeling like "Fuck Harrison", i think the Steelers first and then Harrison fucked the pooch on this one. Deebo is and always will be Steelers Legend and belongs on any figurative Steelers Defensive Mt. Rushmore.


My feelings exactly. Just a bad situation all around.

Author:  SP [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree

11 threads had to be merged together on Harrison being cut because people felt their complaints deserved their own thread. Is this number 11?

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.

James should all be dead to everyone here from this point forward. Respect him for the past but the present is clear and present :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfoUtDgUCW ... harrison92

Quote:
jhharrison92Got to get the family ready for the playoffs! #blessedandhighlyfavored
Load more comments

petesburgh4I’m a Huge Steeler fan and a fan of @jhharrison92. All that you have done for the organization and the fans, I enjoyed watching you do work and contributing heavily to Super Bowl victories. Glad you found your playing time, but as always Here We Go Steelers!

pedrospooches3Nice. I needed more wee wee pads for the dogs.


Barf

Page 45 of 47 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/