It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tomlin Tuesday....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:11 pm 

'We're going to play to win'....

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/T ... f66c2cab8d

Post subject: Re: Tomlin Tuesday....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:14 pm 

Kinda stupid to play to win when the team stands no chance of beating New England now that James Harrison is on their team.

Once he teaches the Patriots the Steelers secret handshake it's all over!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 pm 

Tomlin speaks about the run defense and the concerns there. About 'trying' to replace AB with the combined talent available to the offense. Stains are AFC North football and it is as legitimate game as any. AB will be out for the Stains.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:32 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Kinda stupid to play to win when the team stands no chance of beating New England now that James Harrison is on their team.

Is that the one with the pull away with the explosion or the dinosaur roar?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:30 pm 

fortythree wrote:

Lot of cute remarks, but I have yet to hear someone explain how the release of Harrison benefits this Steeler team, short term or long term.

I've heard good arguments as to why it doesn't help...depth at pass-rusher position. But nothing of substance as to the benefit.

Please enlighten me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:48 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Lot of cute remarks, but I have yet to hear someone explain how the release of Harrison benefits this Steeler team, short term or long term.

I've heard good arguments as to why it doesn't help...depth at pass-rusher position. But nothing of substance as to the benefit.

Please enlighten me.

FortyThree's excited we won't have to worry about seeing that Hall of Famer anymore, WE GET TO SEE MORE ARTHUR MOATS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:51 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Please enlighten me.

For me it helps by not holding on to an old vet and gets the team moving on with the younger players that are the future of the team... I'm a Harrison fan but was ready to move on from that chapter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:16 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Please enlighten me.

That's easy man... IT MEANS MORE CHICKILLO!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:23 pm 

Bill Belichick ok'd taking on James Harrison. That's all I need to know that the man is still viable and contribute. Belichick has made Tomlin look like a mental midget every single their teams have played since 2013. Funny as fuck some here trust Tomlin's judgment over Belichick's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Bill Belichick ok'd taking on James Harrison. That's all I need to know that the man is still viable and contribute. Belichick has made Tomlin look like a mental midget every single their teams have played since 2013. Funny as fuck some here trust Tomlin's judgment over Belichick's.

I really don't think Belichick is that great of a talent evaluator though. Just look at his draft record.